t-mobile have offered me an iphone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Fatty_no_more, 7 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    i think this is a bit naughty.
    Basically i hate tmobile and have nothing but trouble with them and a few people have said get an iphone on 02 as the service is fab with them.

So my contract ends next month and i called tmobile up and said i wanted to give notice and they said why and i said cos of the crap service and cos i wanted an iphone and they said well as your a loyal customer if you stay we can give you an iphone for free?

Is this not naughty as they dont offer the phone to anyone just to bribe people to stay?

I am tempted to say no just on principle.
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

If its not costing you any different I would move provider, as its the CS that is the problem.

xxx

4. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(20.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Defo have a look around before you agree to it, iphones are free on some tariffs anyway.

And even if they do charge for the handset over the 18months (or however long the contract is) its very little per month which would be worth paying for better customer service.

No point staying with a company you hate, shop around and I hope you get a good deal. You can also usually get cashback from quidco (not sure if you use that but check it out) for taking out new contracts which makes it a bit cheaper.

Hope you get the iphone you want!

X

5. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i actually ahve had a agrea experience with t mobile an rang them saying i wanted an iphone what could they do... they told me i could only have one when my contract was up and then it would be £75 per month!!!

i wanted one now so went to the shop and bought one on pay as you go O2 and gave my contract phone to the OH since he had his stolen last month. it cost me an arm and a leg (£500 with apple care) but my OH and I might be moving abroad so no point having a 18/24 month contract that I cant take with me

6. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(20.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Heya just a little advice for you - you can get an o2 paymonthly sim for iphone that would be much better value that payasyougo and you can cancel it with 30days notice at any time. Hope this helps if you didn't already know about it.

X

7. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've heard though that o2's 3G coverage is pretty shocking :/ well it certainly is here anyways. 3 are due to release the 16GB 3GS soon, some customers have it already.

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I am waiting for the 4G iPhone to come out - i have a white old school iPhone and am due for upgrade in October - hooray! xx

9. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    i live fairly near you too just by west sussex in dorking. x

10. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Every mobile phone company is desperate to hold on to its customers.

The economics of the way they work means that they make very little, if any, money from the phones themselves - their income comes from the fact that their customers are tied into a contract for a certain period of time, or are paying regularly for top-ups.

Tell your provider that you want to leave and it will make you whatever offer they think will persuade you to stay.

You can call it "naughty" - they would call it good business.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.