t-mobile have offered me an iphone?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
i think this is a bit naughty.
Basically i hate tmobile and have nothing but trouble with them and a few people have said get an iphone on 02 as the service is fab with them.

So my contract ends next month and i called tmobile up and said i wanted to give notice and they said why and i said cos of the crap service and cos i wanted an iphone and they said well as your a loyal customer if you stay we can give you an iphone for free?

Is this not naughty as they dont offer the phone to anyone just to bribe people to stay?

I am tempted to say no just on principle.
xx

If its not costing you any different I would move provider, as its the CS that is the problem.

xxx

Defo have a look around before you agree to it, iphones are free on some tariffs anyway.

And even if they do charge for the handset over the 18months (or however long the contract is) its very little per month which would be worth paying for better customer service.

No point staying with a company you hate, shop around and I hope you get a good deal. You can also usually get cashback from quidco (not sure if you use that but check it out) for taking out new contracts which makes it a bit cheaper.

Hope you get the iphone you want!

X

i actually ahve had a agrea experience with t mobile an rang them saying i wanted an iphone what could they do... they told me i could only have one when my contract was up and then it would be £75 per month!!!

i wanted one now so went to the shop and bought one on pay as you go O2 and gave my contract phone to the OH since he had his stolen last month. it cost me an arm and a leg (£500 with apple care) but my OH and I might be moving abroad so no point having a 18/24 month contract that I cant take with me

i actually ahve had a agrea experience with t mobile an rang them saying i wanted an iphone what could they do... they told me i could only have one when my contract was up and then it would be £75 per month!!!

i wanted one now so went to the shop and bought one on pay as you go O2 and gave my contract phone to the OH since he had his stolen last month. it cost me an arm and a leg (£500 with apple care) but my OH and I might be moving abroad so no point having a 18/24 month contract that I cant take with me

Heya just a little advice for you - you can get an o2 paymonthly sim for iphone that would be much better value that payasyougo and you can cancel it with 30days notice at any time. Hope this helps if you didn't already know about it.

X

I've heard though that o2's 3G coverage is pretty shocking :/ well it certainly is here anyways. 3 are due to release the 16GB 3GS soon, some customers have it already.

I am waiting for the 4G iPhone to come out - i have a white old school iPhone and am due for upgrade in October - hooray! xx

. . .
Is this not naughty as they dont offer the phone to anyone just to bribe people to stay?
xx

Every mobile phone company is desperate to hold on to its customers.

The economics of the way they work means that they make very little, if any, money from the phones themselves - their income comes from the fact that their customers are tied into a contract for a certain period of time, or are paying regularly for top-ups.

Tell your provider that you want to leave and it will make you whatever offer they think will persuade you to stay.

You can call it "naughty" - they would call it good business.

Back