T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

I've just had an email, offering me the chance to apply for a paid position, evaluating a series of events this month. Very excited, as it seems to have been done through the universities, so I'm guessing it's because of my area of interest. Will get my application for that in today!

Slight foodie change.

L - pasta with HEXA of cheese (forgot it was in the fridge!)

Then a bowl of soup later/ for starters.

I'm going to make cherry bakewell baked oatmeal (HEXB) with 100g of cooked cherries (2.5) - which I will probably allow to cook and have for pudding tonight.

D - Sainsbury's sausages (3 syns) with cabbage, peas, roast onions and crushed potatoes (0.5 for oil)

Might syn some gravy later as well... not sure!

I'm just finishing off the application now. It's only a 500 word covering letter, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Oatmeal is just unrefined porridge oats - bit more texture to it! I like it, but it does feel like you get less for your HEXB! I don't think I'd make it with the cherries in again, as they're very liquidy - might as well save syns and just serve them on the side!

It's not so much my skills they want to hear about - they want to know how I'd approach the evaluation and why I think evaluation is important to them. Happy with what I've written. I'm going to sleep on it, read it again tomorrow, then send it off.

Yup- exactly - I added cherry yogurt to mine (and grated carrot for extra speed!) - bind with egg, add flavours of choice, BAKE. Cherry jam would work - I think that's how PON do theirs... I'll try and find the recipe.

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/low-syn-bakewell-baked-oats-slimming-world/

My fav Slimming World blog!

Oooo how exciting!!! I hope that the application writing went well :)

I also love that pinch of nom- it's fab isn't it! I hope you have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Glad my intentions for BAKE! came across properly! I had hoped it wouldn't just look like I was shouting the word myself.

Reread the letter this morning, and about the send it off. Busy day today, because we want to get the report pretty much ready to print. Then off to uni, to meet my lift to the stables. Glad I'm riding tonight - it's my couple of hours away from everything. Also got a cross-country lesson on Thursday, which is sooooo exciting!

B - cherry bakewell baked oatmeal (HEXB) with fresh fruit.

L - I'll heat up some soup before I go and I think I'll add LC light (HEXA)

D - Sainbury's veggie burgers (1) with veg and whatever my OH buys!!

Will fit some more syns in during the day. And I imagine that I'll mostly be snacking on fruit.

Hahaha no it definitely came across!
Hoping to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen later this morning so we'll see how that goes- need to make some soup too as I am so stuck for lunch and I think that's what is knocking me off plan. Shopped yesterday so I have everything I need.
Good job on the letter- fingers crossed it works out for you! Enjoy your riding lesson too, XC will be so much fun on Thurs!

I love having a big batch of stew or soup (or even 'stoup') ready to go in the fridge, especially at this time of year, when salads become less appealing.

Well, plan is a little off today... my food was OK, but then a load of new market traders have opened, and we were invited to go down and try some food. So I had dumplings and a bit of chocolate. I am probably over for the day, but never mind. The dumplings were AMAZING - mushroom and something, served with pickled mushrooms. nom nom nom.

Up at uni now - going to try and do a bit of work. I've just been given a whole load of new social media to do for some upcoming events and regular farmers markets. It's great to be trusted with it, but I must make sure that I still make time for my dissertation, otherwise the deadline will be upon me before I know it.

Sounds like a nice day- I've had pickled mushrooms before and they were lovely, as well as pickled tiny florets of cauliflower!
I made some soup but it's a bit bland, I've put some extra S&P in it in the hope it will taste better for tomorrow's lunch.
Sounds like you've got some busy time ahead- sounds wise to make time for your diss, it can be easy to fall out of the loop and lose your thread! Even if it's just a bit of reading each day it all helps.

ooo pickled cauliflower sounds good! I came home to a letter from the hospital, advising that my levels are all good at the moment - which is fab news. And I had an amazing riding lesson. I am SO excited about XC on Thursday now.

I am going to work from uni tomorrow, so I can split my time between uni work and work work (in theory). Then we have a riding social in the evening; going bowling.

With the soup - I tend to make mine a little on the bland side, then add flavourings I fancy on the day. Curry powder is generally a good addition! Or garam masala.

Ah that's a good idea, I think I'll sautee some onions in curry powder til crispy and top the soup with it today. As cauliflower is so often used in Indian cooking hopefully it won't taste odd!
So glad you enjoyed your riding lesson :) You'll have a fab time on Thursday! It is one of the things I hope to take up when I'm earning again!

It's so worth it! My bit of time away from everything else. I can still ride as alumni after graduation, so as long as my schedule doesn't clash, I think that's what I'll be doing!

Slight change of food plans - soup hadn't defrosted on time, and I didn't want to microwave the massive tupperware. SO I have salad bits and lots of fruit with me instead. And a packet of the new Hula Hoops Golden (which are baked rather than fried) and are 5.5 syns for the cheese flavour.

How annoying... I had had the whole post-grad room to myself; now a group has turned up to do group-work. Leave me alone! Also, they seem to have decided that we need the heating on in uni... so to sit by the window and get fresh air, I also have to sit by the radiator! I've turned it off, but it's taking a while to cool down.

Hoping the weather is like this for XC tomorrow, because it will be glorious!

Woohoo - I am bowling champion. It's ages since I've been, so pretty happy with that. It was fun to go out with the girls, but glad to be home! Just about to do dinner - my lovely OH is doing all the prep now for me -such a good sous chef!

So, dinner will be 1 syn's worth of oil. Which puts me on a total of 6.5 for the day. Hurrah for finally being back on plan, the day before weigh in...

I forgot! I am also back into my size 12 jeans - which I haven't been able to wear since before the operation. They're on the tight side, but totally wearable. Just the boost I needed, as I am fully expecting to see a gain on the scales tomorrow

That is fab! You must feel so wonderful :) wooo for NSVs!
I'm sure that if you have gained, it will only be a teeny one by the way!

Ruth
X

Aw thanks, Ruth! I'm not sure, but I really don't mind! I feel good about myself at the moment and I know that I've made big changes in my life (with the exception of last weeks cider binge!!)

So, plan is to head up to uni in a bit, and get some work done before we leave at 2 for our XC lesson. Breakfast is just in the oven, then I'll get a move on with things!

B - carrot cake gingerbread baked oatmeal (HEXB) with frozen cherries and fresh strawberries.

L - soup

D - tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Will have lots of fruit with me to snack on and a packet of those weird new Hula Hoops (5.5)

I like the baked hula hoops! A lot of flavour for the syns- a bit on the moreish side though!
Nice job on the size 12's- love a NSV. When I was at my lightest, my favourite NSV was when I dropped a pen and tried to catch it between my thighs but it dropped through the gap anyway :rolleyes:
Have a great time at XC! The weather is lovely for it :D

Back