T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

You're right - it is a lot of flavour. I think it's a mental thing; the packets are physically teeny-tiny and they're drier than I expected. Not altogether unpleasant, just a bit odd!

I think that's the best NSV I've ever heard Poppet! Serious life goals there - never been happy with my thighs, even at my teeniest when I wasn't well. (In retrospect, thighs were probably fine; mind less so!)

For the first time all week, it's a bit grey here! Just hoping that it holds and hopefully brightens up a bit

Today's version of the never-ending vegetable soup is lush! I added Schwartz perfect shake chip seasoning, a little bit of chili powder and some ground cinnamon.

Just emailed my dissertation tutor to explain why I'm a bit behind where I said I'd be. I don't think he's too worried - he was a load of December hand-ins to worry about! Hoping to hear back about this research position this afternoon

Got the jumping bug back! Absolutely loved XC - so much fun. We're considering trying to get another XC lesson in before they close the course for winter.

I got home from uni, after being dropped there on the way back from the yard, just in time to have a shower and head straight off to group! I came away with a 1.5 loss - which is pretty amazing, all things considered!

Thanks Poppet - will have to see whether my bank account allows it as well!

B - carrot and gingerbread baked scan bran (HEXB) with fresh fruit.

L - probably soup - we've got a busy day, so may end up using syns for lunch time stuff.

D - giant couscous salad with salmon or prawns and roast veg.

We're meant to be out for a friends birthday later, but I don't really feel like going. Wouldn't be drinking anyway, so will see how I feel later I guess.

Well, I fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours. Then had a bath before OH went out (he was worried that I was going to fall asleep n the bath if left alone!)

Because I had my 'lunch' so late (and I fell asleep for so long!) we decided not to have dinner tonight - we'll have the same meal tomorrow instead.

Had another pack of Hula Hoops (5.5) and some quark with Options (2) and frozen cherries.

Total syns for the day: 13

Well done on the loss my dear! I had a secret feeling that you wouldn't have gained- really pleased for you!!!!
Hope you have a really fab weekend :) glad you also managed a productive day yesterday. You got any weekend plans?

Ruth
X

Thank you, Ruth. I was really surprised when I weighed!

I really want to try and get to the gym this weekend. I also have lots of bits and bobs to get done, as well as getting some flyers out for the next event we're working on.

I don't feel rested this morning at all :-( Although I went to bed early, I ended up reading until quite late. And then just couldn't settle and sleep well for any length of time.

I want to pop up to the Farmer's market this morning. Think I'll have breakfast and then do that.

Just going to have some fruit and yogurt for now. I might make baked scan bran in a bit.

All I know for certain is that dinner will be giant couscous!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

Market's lovely - must remember to pop up there regularly and get fruit and veg. Got some lovely beets and a red kuri squash, which I think will be made into curry tomorrow.

I'm just having something to eat, then heading out to leaflet, and pop out on a charity shop pit stop tour! Lots of walking to be done today.

Snack - cottage cheese with sweetcorn and spring onions, rolled up with Quorn ham. Popcorn (2.5)

L - scan bran (HEXB) with LC light (HEXA) and salad - will be having this later on, more as a late lunch.

D - roast veg and salmon with giant couscous (1 syn for oil)
Dessert - orange quark (0.5 for sweetener)

Will maybe add some more syns in during the day - see how things go!

Walked miles! I can't tell you how many, because I forgot to put my activity tracker watch thing on. Managed to avoid all of the cakes in the lovely cafes - then went on a charity shop trawl. It was so busy, you couldn't have a proper rummage. I did get a very cool '80's jacket/cardigan. Will try and remember to put a pic up. And the Amnesty book shop had a pound sale... so it would have been rude not to grab a fivers worth whilst I was there!

Decided to have another pack of popcorn (2.5)

Total syns for the day: 6.5

OH is drinking homemade wine, but I'm unsure how to syn it, so I'll stay away! (plus who just wants one glass!?) I would've had a gin and tonic, but he kindly finished the gin for me yesterday....

Might have something else later... not sure what, because there isn't much in the house with syns in!!

It was busy, but lovely! Nice to be out in the sun and walking - so annoyed that I don't know how many steps I did.

Plan is to head to the gym in a bit. Then I want to try and sort out clothes and put away summer stuff.

B - pre-gym apples, raspberries and cherry yogurt.
Post-gym scan bran (HEXB) with spaghetti hoops and cheese (HEXA)

L - couscous with heritage tomatoes, spring onions and rocket. Might also add a poached egg or some tuna for protein! (I got duck eggs on the market yesterday)

D - squash and beetroot curry, served with Indian-style rice and split peas

Will add syns in the during the day.

I'll try and get a pic of me wearing it soon. But so you can get the idea.... It's SO 1980s!

Really good gym session this morning/afternoon. And just had my scan-bran/hoops/cheese thing (It's really yummy!)

I've decided that I'm going to make rice pudding with my pumpkin - I need to work out syns (thanks SW for the whole sweetener-gate!) and I'm going to use light soya milk (0.5 for 100mls). This recipe: http://laurelwright.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/pumpkin-pie-rice-pudding.html

Attachments

• red top.jpg
    red top.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh wow that's really different! I love charity shops as you find things you wouldn't normally see in the usual high street shops.
Scan bran with spaghetti hoops is a good idea- they definitely need the moisture.
Rice pudding sounds perfect- it is definitely the weather for it, miserable and cold up here.
Glad you had a good workout- I've just done the shred and feeling virtuous :) looking forward to a cosy night in with a Sunday dinner this eve!

I love having crazy pieces like that in my wardrobe! Means I can get away with wearing leggings/black jeans and plain black tops, then just throw that on top! It will work as a top or a light jacket, so pretty versatile.

I'm really excited about the rice pudding! Will let you know how it goes.

I've worked out that the entire rice pudding will be 11.5 syns, so we'll call it 3 syns per portion (If I manage to get that many out of it!) I think I'll make it in individual ramekins, rather than as one big dish.

Yes definitely agree- I have a few pieces like that and much prefer jazzing stuff up that way compared to using jewellery, I always feel very 'aware' of it, especially chunky necklaces.
Individual ramekins sounds like a good idea as will be easier to keep track of syns!
Gah my mum keeps feeding me :eek: just come in with a cinnamon swirl! I am so rubbish at declining right now!

I don't think I'd be able to refuse a cinnamon swirl, either! We just did a big online shop, because we had a voucher - so that's food sorted for this week! And we've done a quick plan of evening meals.

I love big statement necklaces, but they quite often give me a headache!

Winter wardrobe's out and summer's away. Forgot how many dresses I have - makes decisions so much easier in the morning!

Well, that recipe has produced LOADS of rice pudding... it may actually be down to 1 syn per portion at this rate! I've made 5 ramekins full and the rest has just about managed to fit into an oval Pyrex. Will have to work on portioning it out once it's cooked a cooled! It smells delicious and the pumpkin mixture tasted lovely!

Bit confused by the recipe: not sure whether she meant cook 2 cups of rice, or 2 cups cooked. BIG different on volume! SO I cooked two cups, then added two cooked cups (stay with me here!) but it didn't look like enough rice... so it's all gone in! Bit of an experiment.

Back