T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Lost track of time! Only got home about 5.30, so I had the last bit of my rice and lentil salad and the packet of popcorn that I was meant to have at lunch time! Will just have some cheddar for my HEXA.

Syns: 4 for the banana; 2.5 for popcorn; 1 for rice pudding; 0.5 for oil; 0.5 for sweetener. I think I might also have a peanut hottie tonight 4; with a dash of soya milk 0.5
Total: 13

Didn't end up having peanut hottie last night... maybe it would have helped me to sleep! Feeling a bit shattered this morning. Although at least listening to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter was a more relaxing way to not get much sleep...

It's our taster tonight, so will be busy cooking most of the day. People have asked for curry loaf, so I think I'll make some mini muffin ones. And the little rice crispie Christmas puddings from PoN look super cute! I have to pop down to town to get some more fliers as well.

B - after yesterday's success (and due to more ripe bananas), I will be making banana baked oats (HEXB+4 syns)

L - risotto and salad.

D - Tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Ah sorry your not sleeping to well lately T_T :-( I imagine it is really annoying! My mum always says I could sleep on a washing line- definitely take after my dad lol.
I keep meaning to go back to re-reading Harry Potter- might be my treat when I've finished this PhD!
Taster night sounds good! I only made the curry loaf once- it was delicious but I find the chickpea dhal almost impossible to find. And now I seem to be allergic to chickpeas!
Banana baked oats sound lovely and comforting!

Didn't end up having peanut hottie last night... maybe it would have helped me to sleep! Feeling a bit shattered this morning. Although at least listening to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter was a more relaxing way to not get much sleep...

It's our taster tonight, so will be busy cooking most of the day. People have asked for curry loaf, so I think I'll make some mini muffin ones. And the little rice crispie Christmas puddings from PoN look super cute! I have to pop down to town to get some more fliers as well.

B - after yesterday's success (and due to more ripe bananas), I will be making banana baked oats (HEXB+4 syns)

L - risotto and salad.

D - Tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping so well! I used to listen to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter, absolutely loved it!!
Enjoy the taster! Good luck for weigh in too :)

Ruth
X

They are indeed a PoN goody! http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/low-syn-chocolate-crispy-christmas-puds/

They went down a storm - even though loads of people were ill and it was a relatively quiet group - I managed to get rid of them all! And the curry loaf muffins went down really well too.

Bit gutted, I gained a pound. I don't really know where it's come from - which is more frustrating! Never mind, new week. I have a sneaky suspicion that it could be down to not eating enough. I know I've eaten less fruit and have worked through lunches. I shall aim to eat more!

They are indeed a PoN goody! http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/low-syn-chocolate-crispy-christmas-puds/

They went down a storm - even though loads of people were ill and it was a relatively quiet group - I managed to get rid of them all! And the curry loaf muffins went down really well too.

Bit gutted, I gained a pound. I don't really know where it's come from - which is more frustrating! Never mind, new week. I have a sneaky suspicion that it could be down to not eating enough. I know I've eaten less fruit and have worked through lunches. I shall aim to eat more!

Glad that your treats were enjoyed!
Don't worry about that 1lb, if you're aware you haven't been eating enough then you can work towards that but either way (as I found out last week) sometimes our bodies just simply like to do it and mess us about. It will be off next week plus a chunk more, I'm sure!!!

Ruth
X

Thanks, Ruth. It's very true! I said last night that after several years, I know that there is frequently no rhyme nor reason to what the scales say. Doesn't stop me being hacked off though! Never mind, new day, new week.

B - baked scan-bran carrot and gingerbread (HEXB)

L - Tuna pasta with HEXA of LC light.

D - fishcakes with roast veg (7.5 and they're so worth it!)

Will be working up at uni today. So will have plenty of fruit to snack on and also a bag of popcorn (2.5)

Glad your treats went down well! I've subscribed to PoN so looking forward to lots of inspiration :)
Sorry about the 1lb gain- as you say, sometimes there's no rhyme or reason! It could well be working through lunches and less fruit, definitely worth trying and hopefully it will be off and take some of its friends with it next week :)

Hope so too, Poppet! I was just looking through my book, wondering what to write for my Christmas wish. I know this has been a hell of a year, for medical reasons, but I just want to get back to where I was. I don't know if it's realistic to get back to my 3.5 stone less, but I certainly want to be down to a 3 stone loss by Christmas.

I had a really nice chat with my consultant last night. She reminded me that I've come such a long way, and pointed out that whilst I am great at giving advice to others, I sometimes don't take on what I'm saying myself. I think somewhere along the way, I lost sight of my priority.

Morning all - I had a bath yesterday evening, which seems to have helped me sleep better. Although that could just be because I was SO tired! Going to pop to the farmer's market in a bit, then head off to do my flyering.

B - fresh fruit and a cherry yogurt.

L - will have some fruit whilst I'm out and will take a pack of popcorn (2.5). Then I'll have HEXA and HEXB to have cheesy hoops on scan bran.

D - something Quorn meatballs and aubergine! Not 100% sure yet, but probably some sort of ragu. Possibly with rice or green lentils... Will update properly later!

Hope everyone has a lovely day x

Well that didn't quite go to plan! I walked miles with the damned fliers - managed to distribute loads - all good.

Then walked back into town, my hairdresser is having a tough time at the moment. He's got loads going on, so we had a good catch up (and some vodka) whilst he did my hair, then went to the pub! So food was actually OK....because I didn't eat any!!!

My OH ordered pizza when we got home. Apparently I passed out before managing to eat mine, so I shall have that today!

Well that didn't quite go to plan! I walked miles with the damned fliers - managed to distribute loads - all good.

Then walked back into town, my hairdresser is having a tough time at the moment. He's got loads going on, so we had a good catch up (and some vodka) whilst he did my hair, then went to the pub! So food was actually OK....because I didn't eat any!!!

My OH ordered pizza when we got home. Apparently I passed out before managing to eat mine, so I shall have that today!

Sounds like you and your hairdresser needed that night out - hope you both had fun!

All that walking is great.

Sore head today?

It was much needed! I actually felt ok today, just tired. I did drink loads of water, so that probably helped a lot. We walked into town, because OH needed to get a new coat. Just had a gentle stroll around and have been on the sofa for much of the afternoon.

Going to roast some fennel this evening to make an aubergine, fennel and tomato sauce to have with meatballs and rice.

Back