T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Morning all - work and WI today. We'll just have to see how it goes. If I've gained or maintained, I know exactly why - nobody to blame but myself! But I certainly don't feel guilty about it (just a bit silly for not thinking 'bigger picture'). I'm working 10-6, so I'll have been on my feet most of the day, which will contribute. Then I'll pretty much go straight to group from there.

B - Cherry yogurt. Plums. Strawberries. (I was going to have oatmeal, but just didn't fancy it this morning)

I'll pick up some more fruit and a salad on my way to work.

L - John West Creations Salmon with Wild Rice & Lentils, Honey & Ginger (4.5) - really excited about trying this!

D - tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Thank you! I actually did sleep pretty well, and not much problem getting up this morning either! Main issue is that there's next to no food in the house! SO I've had a yogurt for breakfast. TBH, it's a little early to eat anyway, so I'll grab some fruit in a bit, either on my way down or nip out when I get a chance.

L - pasta and salad. (2 syns of mayo)

D - will feature squash and beetroot, but I haven't decided quite how, yet! Hope everyone has a great day, I will catch up with diaries later xx

Ah glad you had a better night. I'm starting to struggle with getting up in the morning now it's so dark. Was thinking about ordering one of those lamps that gradually start to come on over the course of half an hour or so to bring you round slowly!
Roasted beetroot is a nice side dish but other than that I'm never quite sure what to do with it..

I know what you mean! It was still dark when I started work at 6.45!! Long and very busy day. Which ended in my work shoes dying, so had to go and grab a new pair. Managed to pick up a pair in TK Max - Sketchers ones, which are not only more comfortable, they should also last longer...

Food hasn't exactly gone to plan. We were just so busy at work. But that's ok. It's one day, I can deal with that! Still not sure what to do for dinner, I just don't know what I want today... apart from sleep!

Well - I had decided to have a glass or few of wine this evening- fancied some red whilst chilling out. OH said not to buy another bottle, as we had a bottle of his dad's homemade wine in the flat. It was vile... normally, his wine is drinkable, but this just had no body at all. Tried adding cherry brandy to no avail!

D - not even bothering to check the syns, because I know I'm over for the day anyway (and I don't care!!) but we had a cauliflower cheese grill thing, with roast beetroot, roasted and mashed kobocha squash (so good, will be buying another at the farmer's market tomorrow!), roast onions and roast fennel.

Dead simple, but also super tasty.

Had a nice hot bath, now just chilling watching TV - but I've actually got to a really good place in my book, so may just go to bed with that soon!

Tea sounds nice, shame about the wine! I think home made can be a bit hit and miss- I made cassis one year and at first it tasted great but seemed to go off. Still tasted nice enough in prosecco but good grief it was potent!
I bought some very interesting looking squash yesterday for our harvest festival at work (had to cheat a bit), I'll try remember to take a pic!

I was really disappointed! But glad I didn't just drink it anyway, which I would have been tempted to do before! They've been making wine for years, and theirs is generally fairly good. We had a lovely bottle of Malbec last time we were there and some love homemade sparkling elderflower wine. But last nights was not a winner (I@m sure my OH will drink it anyway!)

Had a lie in this morning and feel so much better. I must have needed it!

B - strawberries and cherry yogurt.

L - John West salmon pouch (4.5) with salad. I might have my HEXB of Ryvita with these - not sure yet.

D - TBC. Heading to the Farmer's Market, so will see what I can get!

There are some amazing squash out there. And all different. I particularly like the nutty, almost sweet ones.

Aw thank you!

I'm just finishing my masters. So no lectures now, just writing my dissertation.

Just a quick post- super tired and got another long, busy shift tomorrow! Will catch up properly tomorrow at some point.

Pleased to say I somehow lost 1.5lbs today!
Well done to you.

You are so lucky with these farmers markets! Here in Harrogate we have a continental market once a month if we are lucky, although we visit a greengrocer but it's really far to walk to we have to stock up loads!
Lovely yummy squashes- hope you enjoyed it and shame about the wine :( I also love cod, hope all is ok!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, we are lucky here! We have one of the largest independent high streets left in the UK - when I moved from that area, I really missed it. But it's only a half hour walk from me now, and quite a pleasant one. And then every Saturday, there's the little market about 5 minutes walk from me. I prefer to buy locally grown produce, but it isn't always possible.

The cod was divine. It was so fresh and went perfectly with the Mediterranean veg.

Well, I've not long woken up! I can't believe I slept for so long - hoping it doesn't meant that I'm coming down with something... quiet day today, just getting things done around the house I think.

B - cherry Activia yogurt. Apple, pear, tangerine.

Back