T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Thanks Zeke. I've just prepped dinner - oven always seems to take ages to heat up when I'm hungry. We have an amazing farmer's market about a 5 minute walk from the flat, which is on every Saturday, so most of the veg are from there. Also have two squash to use.

Sounds lovely- hope you enjoy it! Glad you had a good time last night too!!

Ruth
X

It was so good! I love fennel, but don't have it very often. It was just nice and comforting. And I have some leftover for tomorrow as well, it works out at 0.5 per portion.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I will be 100% back on plan. I've just had a look through the latest mag, there are loads of recipes that we want to try. So meals are all sorted for evenings. I really just have to make sure that I am eating lunches.

brrr it's cooler again this morning. I'm just at home, doing a bit of cooking and getting the report put together. I'm working later, but not until 5.30. Always an odd shift!

B - lots of fresh fruit! And then in a bit I'll have scan bran (HEXB) with cheese (HEXA) and spaghetti hoops.

L- leftover meatballs from last night, with couscous and salad.

D - veggie burgers (1) with sweet potato wedges and veg.

Will add in syns along the way.

Sounds like you've had a nice weekend! I love fennel- not something you often see in Lidl but I wouldn't mind a trip to our local market- you always get so much for your money. Sometimes the veg doesn't last long enough though :-(
Food sounds lovely and comforting- just what is needed now the weather seems to be turning a bit. Chilly here today but the sun is shining so I've been doing laundry all morn, back at the laptop now and time to get some work done! Hope your shift goes well!

Your food sounds so nice compared to my daft porridge and salad! I actually showed my OH some of what you post and he was also interested so that's good (I'm trying to get him to eat more veggies and quorn/subs)
Hope your shift is ok and that you've had a good day! Yes I also agree, it's bloomin freezing!

Ruth
X

So that didn't quite go to plan! Shift was lovely - lots of really nice lawyers, who work for charities, helping those who can't afford to pay legal fees. Drinks reception, then we had to reset all the spaces. It was actually OK and flew by, also got in lots of steps and then walked home afterwards to boot.

I did, however, have a large glass of wine- there was some left pre-poured, although I suppose I could take the positive that I declined taking the rest of the bottle when it was offered!

I also pinched a few pretzels and peanuts. I haven't written this week off.... but I am kinda in a "I don't care too much" mood.

Aw thanks Ruth! I'm hopeless at putting up recipes and actually remembering to take pictures of things. I will try and share more for some inspiration. Otherwise, let me know, and I can usually cobble something together recipe wise. I love cooking and really enjoying having the time to do so at the moment

Didn't sleep all that well again last night - very fitfully. However, I didn't have anywhere to be and managed to get a few extra hour this morning. Feel better for it! Although frustrated that I've lost so much time.

B - carrot and gingerbread baked scan bran.

I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds! It's a bit of a funny one; I have to go to the hospital with my friend later, because she needs someone to walk her home following sedation. So I'm not really sure when I'll get home etc.

The carrot and gingerbread scan bran sounds nice hun.

Hope your friends ok and the rest of your day has been ok? xxxx

The carrot and gingerbread scan bran sounds nice hun.

Hope your friends ok and the rest of your day has been ok? xxxx

It's delicious, Jules. And so filling. Probably my favourite way to eat scan bran (although I am in the love, rather than the hate camp)

Friend had an endoscopy and they took some samples. She seemed fine, I took her home, instructed the rest of the staff that live in at the pub that she's not allowed to drink. Arranged for someone to take the dog out for her. We just had a chat and chilled out for a bit, so I've just got home now!

Lunch didn't really happen.... Had a piece of cheese just now for my HEXA.

D- veggie cumberland sausages (3) with roast veg (0.5 for oil) and cabbage and gravy (2)

Then quark and options (2) for pudding.

Total syns for the day: 7.5

Hurrah! A day on plan at last

Morning all! Planning on going up to uni in a bit and nailing some work today. I'm having a two part breakfast, in the interests of making sure I've eaten enough before I go!

B - fruit and yogurt. Leftover mash, with spaghetti hoops and cheese (HEXA)

L - I'll get a salad up at uni and some fruit. Popcorn (2.5)

D - something with squash! Haven't decided exactly what yet.

You too, Poppet! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. I've also realised that I need to include a potted history, to show the relevance of my research. Had a really positive meeting with my supervisor, who agreed I'm going the right way (and was amused by my A3 book of mind maps!)

Riding club have arranged a strength and conditioning class for us, so I'm heading to that at 4ish. Then I think, to avoid rush hour traffic, I'll do another few hours of work before heading home.

Forgot to add that we've also decided on dinner:

D - curried squash (same recipe as before, so I think it was 3 syns per portion?! Will check!) served with either green or beluga lentils. I shall probably be lazy and buy the Merchant Gourmet ready prepped ones, so will also add syns in for that later.

That means that I don't have to think about lunch tomorrow at work, because I'll have leftovers to take with me.

Enjoy your riding lesson! Hope you got lots done today. I managed to complete the major restructure of my literature review which I have been dreading. Hopefully it is in a better order now but I'm in that 'can't see the wood for the trees' mentality now I've messed about with it so much so going to leave it for today.
A3 mind map sounds ace! May have to steal that idea for when it comes to planning my next chapter :) Glad your supervision went well.
I had one yesterday and it was surprisingly pain-free..
Love a leftovers lunch too, I aspire to be as prepared as you!

Hah - prepared.... I usually just cook too much! It's a talent I inherited from my mother.

It wasn't actually a riding lesson today. They've organised this special class for us at the performance gym. (yes, it's as terrifying as it sounds!) Today we were doing a fitness test - so had to do squats/lunges etc and be rated. I was the "roundest" there by quite some way, so it was a little intimidating. I also haven't done much since the operation, so I know that some of my scores weren't the best. Didn't help that my knee decided to misbehave the click lots. That said, my push-ups were pretty good. It was mostly our BUCS team there today - which was also very intimidating! I think it's going to be a tough class, but hopefully worth it.

Ah just re-read properly and makes sense now! It sounds pretty scary- I hate exercising in front of others too so would find that quite the ordeal lol.
Well done for going and doing your best- hope the knee doesn't give you jip now.
I try to cook too much but it doesn't quite work out (greedy OH) unless I take a portion out first!
Which I'm going to have to do as beans on toast for the third day running is hardly inspiring!

Hah - I know what you mean! I loved going to classes before the kidney came out, so will be fine. Because it was the fitness test, we were split into two groups, and had to do the exercises one by one - which probably didn't help me feel much better!

I find the mind maps really useful, because I can just get all of my ideas down in a non-linear form. I have filled half a sketch book with ramblings, but I can work back through it and piece things together quite well.

Just had my HEXB of Ryvita with cottage cheese. And the squash is in the oven.

Dinner will be 4 syns (olive oil) plus the beluga lentils (1 syn)

Which means total syns for the day are: 7.5

I'm also very excited about lunch tomorrow! Because we're using pre-cooked lentils tonight, there won't be enough for tomorrow, so I got one of the new John West Creations - which is 4.5 syns to have with the rest of the squash.

Aw thanks Ruth! I'm hopeless at putting up recipes and actually remembering to take pictures of things. I will try and share more for some inspiration. Otherwise, let me know, and I can usually cobble something together recipe wise. I love cooking and really enjoying having the time to do so at the moment

I wish I had more time to cook for us, however my OH does the cooking. I would like to get more involved but my mum tells me not to bother!! Which is nice of her haha!
It's on the weekends when I cook for myself, I love looking at other recipes! Particularly yours. I eat too much salad ;)

Hope you've had a fab day!

Ruth
X

Back