T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

I absolutely adore fish - I never really used to be much of a fan, but when I stopped eating meat, I started to eat more fish. I'm not a hugely keen on mackerel or sardines - but I'll give most a go.

L - jacket potato, topped with tuna mayo (1 syn) and cheese (HEXA) served with salad.

D - veggie sausage casserole. Will add in syns later - at least 3 for the sausages.

Also made some cherry bakewell baked oatmeal to have in a bit (HEXB)

Had a piece of cheese for my HEXA - dinner was 0.5 syns. I'm over for the day, as had a few mini Mars Bars.

Never mind, tomorrow is a new day, and it wasn't drastic. Just don't seem that focused at the moment! My birthday's on Sunday, and I'm not really thinking about losing weight. At least I'm not totally off plan.

Dinner was lovely - just roasted the squash and served with veggie mince, packed with loads of other vegetables.

We just finished watching Black Mirror! Amazing, as always

The thing is, I don't even particularly like them! They were in the house, so I ate... I can normally take or leave chocolate all the time, including TOTM. But mother nature seems to have other ideas at the moment.

Anyway, I am on my way to uni now. Going to get a few hours work in before we head to the yard.

B - carrot oatmeal porridge, with salted caramel flavouring and fresh fruit. (HEXB)

L - mince and squash mash from last night.

D - veggie burgers (1) with roast veg (1)

I'm going to take some popcorn to snack on (2.5). The girls want to go to McDonalds, because we have a long gap between their first lesson and mine. Probably sensible, rather than us all getting cold! I'm going to try and just have a diet coke. I'll stock up on fruit to take with me anyway. I suppose I could have a salad there if I'm hungry, because I won't get home and eat until 11ish tonight.

Salad sounds like a good option, maybe a cup of tea if you're not fancying the diet coke? Keep you warm.
I sort of relented today and bought some rice cakes with chocolate topping. They're only 1 syn each and hope will ease the sweet snack craving. Prewrapped in packs of three to save me going mad with them.
Couldn't see any popcorn in Lidl but it would be good to have some instead of crisps that I seem to keep reaching for. Will look out for some next time I'm in a different shop! Any flavour recommendations?

I forgot my popcorn!! Never mind - I have a lot of fruit to keep me going. Not a tea fan - but may have to go for another coffee, will see how I feel. Still full from breakfast: I actually had pumpkin oatmeal in the end, with an egg to make it extra fluffy and lots of cinnamon. Lovely.

I generally shop in Sainsbury's, and at the moment the only low syn one they have in multi-packs is the Sunbites wholegrain - it's nice enough! They sometimes have the "Nude" range, and I like the salty and sweet from that. If I have syns to spare, I get the Portlebay popcorn- which comes in loads of amazing flavours. I particularly like sherbet lemon, or cheese and onion.

I saw your post about black mirror yesterday - so DH and I watched a couple of episodes! S1E1 was good (if not a little odd!), not sure either of us really understood S1E2. Sounds like it is worth sticking with though - so I can see S1E3 in my evening...

Popcorn - lovely! Really like the salt and sweet poshcorn - never tried any of the more exotic flavours you speak of. Pity you forgot it but sounds like you were well prepared with the fruit anyway.

What kind of lessons are you doing (if that isn't too identifying, of course)?

We've finished season three now - sad that I watched it too quickly, but wanted to avoid spoilers from people who had already binge watched. It's worth sticking with - I love Charlie Brooker, and it's scary how close to reality he gets with some of the topics in Black Mirror.

I have a riding lesson! I've been around horses since I was little, but had a long break. Living in the city and not driving has made it hard to get to any stables. But when I started my Masters last year, I joined the uni's riding club and try to ride weekly. Well and truly got the bug back now. It was kind of my treat to myself for getting under 13st. (although that has kind of crept back up at the moment...) I just had a tax rebate, which means I can actually afford to have more semi-private lessons at the moment as well. It's my little bit of peace during the week - gets me away from uni and the city and just gives me a chance to relax properly.

Ah riding! Lovely! Fantastic that you got back into it as an adult.

Tax rebate sounds good too! DH had a small one this year too - big improvement from last year when he thought he would get one and...it went very much the other way, for multiple years!

So glad to be back in the saddle! Already discussing getting a loan horse to share with one of the girls.

I had been taxed for a full year on pay and medical insurance, which is why it was a nice tax rebate!

Lovely afternoon on the yard. And a great jumping lesson on an awesome little ex-eventer, who I hadn't ridden before.

We ended up going to a country pub between lessons. I would love to report that I stayed on plan... But the scampi and chips was far too tempting! Never mind, it was well worth it!

I'm kind of looking at it this way: my birthday's on Sunday - I am happy to take a gain this Thursday, because I've been pretty bad - but would like to do the damage Saturday/Sunday, then maybe SP until WI next week to pull it back?! Who knows, best made plans and all that! I could have had a jacket potato yesterday, but I genuinely couldn't remember the last time I'd had scampi or chips and had been craving chips for ages! I did eat the salad that came with my friends meal, so I still got some speed in.

B - spiced pumpkin oatmeal (HEXB) - it's too damned hot though, so I can't eat it yet and I'm hungry after a quick gym session!

L - Roast veg and the last bit of mince and squash (maybe 0.5 for oil?! It's part of two meals combined, so I doubt it's even that)

D - TBC... something with squash! I shall turn into a pumpkin if I'm not careful!

Last edited:
<rant> Seriously people.... you're sat right next to each other; so why can I hear your entire conversation, despite the fact that I'm listening to music through headphones?! </rant>

On a more positive note, I've discovered an awesome band - not new, and I really don't know how I missed them before! First Aid Kit are SERIOUSLY good - great studying music thus far as well.

Had some popcorn, so 2.5 to add for today so far.

Not the best nights sleep, but I know why - I was awake, so seemed better to get up at 7.30, rather than end up dozing until 10 again. I've just got some squash roasting in the oven, to have with my porridge. So I'll have breakfast, then head up to uni. I can go straight to WI from there.

B - spiced squash oatmeal (HEXB)

L - couscous and roasted vegetables. I think we ate all the prawns last night, so I'll grab another pack - will update syns when I know which ones.

D - tuna and veg pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Hope everyone has a lovely day. I am so looking forward to winding down this weekend. OH is taking me out for dinner tomorrow evening for my birthday. We're thinking of going here: http://www.polpo.co.uk/menu/food-menu Which will totally not be on plan.

Saturday will be hectic too - with the zombie walk and then a Halloween party at our local. Probably a fair amount of alcohol; food on the go; and general celebrations.

Then Sunday, it's Love Food Festival! As far as I know I'm working on the day, but my parents, sister and her fiance are coming down as well. So nice to catch up - but again, off plan!

I think I shall have to sleep all day Monday to recover at this rate.

Back