T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

It was wonderful - in fact, the whole weekend has been brilliant. Zombie walk was so much fun on Saturday afternoon, then we had dinner at the pub and a couple of drinks before the Halloween party. SO much fun - didn't have a late one, because I had to be up at 5.15 on Sunday morning.

Got down and helped with the setup for the event - once we were open, it was fairly chilled out. Some really amazing street food and lots of our lovely market traders, including foraged food. I now want to go on a foraging trip! My parent's came down to visit as well, and my sister and her fiance. They came along to the event, and we all had a wander about and some food. Then my boss said I could go, because pack down was going to be easy and there were plenty of people. So we went up to the Downs and went to the little cafe there - I had chai latte and pumpkin pie. Delicious!

Then came home and had a power nap! Went out to meet some friends yesterday evening. Ended up being a massive night in the end! And I crashed on a friends sofa, rather than coming home. Needless to say, I am not back on plan today. But tomorrow I will be!

Morning all - up early for a shift today. Had a decent-ish nights sleep (if a little short!)

B - porridge (HEXB) with cinnamon and chopped apple.

L - the last little bit of couscous from last night, which I think I'll mix with a salad and maybe some more prawns. (will add syns in later if necessary)

D - fish cakes! They're fresh ones from the fishmonger, so not really sure how to syn. They're only small, but fairly sure that the coating is Panko, but there's not much of it on them. Hm... I've just weighed them and they're bang on 100g each. I've looked through the SW syns online and I think I will call them 4 for the sake of argument. That's kind of average for fishcakes of that weight!

Ooo those fishcakes sound yum!
I adore fish but my OH isn't fussed, I wish we could just nip to the fishmonger for fresh bits and pieces, although our butcher is brilliant so I suppose it's partially similar.
How are you doing? Are you feeling focused today? Just wondered as you said that you couldn't concentrate yesterday.

Ruth
X

I was working from 8.30-4.30, dealing with a massive set up for tomorrow and doing tea/coffee/lunch for the event we have in today. I'm in at 7 tomorrow, so early night for me!

Fishcakes will be with mini jacket potatoes, Brussells sprouts, peppers, shallots and tenderstem broccoli.

Today wasn't awful food-wise, but it wasn't great. Snacked on a few bits at work - it's really hard when you're on an early, because breaks are at odd times. It wasn't totally on plan, but then this week hasn't been, so I'm not too worried! I've walked bloody miles, and will again tomorrow, I imagine. I also need to cook something for taster tomorrow night... good thing I finish at 3! It's quite a lot of pressure when your entire group get overly excited about your cooking!

Morning all! Bit bleary eyed this morning: I find when I have to be up super early, I quite often wake frequently during the night (I guess so I don't sleep through my alarm.... although that doesn't always work!!)

WI tonight - it is kind of suck it and see. I said at group last week that I would actually be fine with a maintain. In all honesty, even a small gain wouldn't bother me at the moment. That said, with rushing around all day, who knows how the scales will be have!

B - apple and cinnamon porridge. Simple, quick and warm! (HEXB)

L - I have prawns and salad left in the fridge from yesterday. Work is going to be a tricky one... I have a feeling we're going to be CRAZY busy, so it may be a case of grabbing what I can, when I can.

D - tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday!

I can't believe it's Thursday already, weeks are going so fast at the moment!
Hope work isn't too mental and you manage to get some lunch- you sound prepared at least.
I'm the same when I know I have to be up for something important, wake up loads and always dream that I'm late for whatever it is. Strange cos I very rarely sleep in anyway!

It was absolutely mental - like full on rushing around crazy. for the majority of the shift! I have drunk an insane amount of coffee - food was ok - there was cheese straw and a few chocolate buttons. But that was mostly so I didn't fall over. It was madness, but actually good fun.

Home now - I'm collapsed on the sofa, but don't think it's a good idea to sleep! I'm going to do a couscous salad with roasted vegetables tonight for taster. It's easy enough to do! And really tasty. Going to get the veg in the oven then have a shower.

Well, apparently lots of steps can counteract a few(!!) bad meals and some(!!) alcohol.... because I lost 2.5lbs tonight! And not only that, my lovely, lovely group voted me as their Miss Slinky!

Bit overwhelmed, to be honest. We had a lovely group tonight - realised that these aren't just some people, they're actually really good friends too. Heh - getting soppy in my old age

Well, apparently lots of steps can counteract a few(!!) bad meals and some(!!) alcohol.... because I lost 2.5lbs tonight! And not only that, my lovely, lovely group voted me as their Miss Slinky!

Bit overwhelmed, to be honest. We had a lovely group tonight - realised that these aren't just some people, they're actually really good friends too. Heh - getting soppy in my old age

Well done, that is excellent on both accounts!!!
You really deserve it :) I know what you mean about them being friends!
Awww so pleased for you!

Ruth
X

Back