T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

It's pretty much turned to rain here now too- still chilly but hopefully what's down will melt!
He's had quite the rise over the last 12 months, I am surprised as yesterday thought HC would just tip it. Suppose same as Brexit, people at the top didn't fully understand the people at the bottom & what the (small but still majority) wanted. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds!

It's a large part of the problem with voting systems in both countries, unfortunately. I genuinely feel that this election was a contest of who was least popular out of an unpopular choice (that's a bit wordy!) I would have liked to see Bernie run, and I think he would have had a real shout against Trump.

Well, to add to politics frustration, buses were also playing silly bees this morning. I've not long got to uni - really annoying! Never mind, I have my coffee, a big bag of fruit and I shall get on. I just want to nail this report now, so I can focus on my work.

Ouch! Slipping is a hazard at this time of year! I know what you mean - I just want to be snuggled up with my book (which I annoyingly managed to leave at home... will be reading articles on the bus instead!) I think the report is very nearly there. It's just time-consuming going through all of the pro images and putting them into collages to use. I suppose it's good for me though, and I can use it for a large part of my uni work, which is a big bonus.

Really hungry today and not sure why! May have to grab something from the canteen before they close. I imagine I'm too late to get a potato, but a salad would supplement my soup! Must not go to the SU shop... crisps and sandwiches will be far too appealing

I forget how careful you have to be! I haven't fallen for ages (sober anyway). In fact I think the last time was when we had that bad ice back in 2012!
Work's not coming to me today- did a bit but my hearts not in it- so I'm going with plan A of kindle time! How annoying that you forgot your book!
Yes I can imagine that is pretty tedious- but if you get to use it as part of uni work that's definitely a bonus.
I know what you mean about the hunger, I'm blaming the cold. Just made Ruth's soup and it was delish, so filling as well with the beans. Good luck with canteen!

I got myself a salad box - I will eat it in a bit. There was actually loads left today, and the pasta salad was made without any mayo etc. Hurrah. I've also booked one of my spa days from my birthday! OH got me a day at the Lido, which includes breakfast, 2 course lunch, a one hour treatment and use of the pool/sauna/steam room etc for the day. That's booked for a week Friday, and I've gone for a back, neck, shoulder massage and facial. I thought Friday made sense, as I know the food won't be on plan.

Also need to book the one that my sister got for me! My friend's coming with me, so need to work out when she has time off (chefs have odd hours!)

Well done on finishing it! I bet that's a weight off your mind!
As predicted, my day was pretty rubbish on the work front. After my tumble this morning I made lunch then lit the fire and read a book lol. Interesting one, it's a self help book so I was practising mindfulness- not something I've tried before but I feel more relaxed this evening.
Spa days sound fab! X

I am so looking forward to it, Poppet! My back is a knotty mess at the moment, so will be good to try and get that at least a bit sorted.

I'm glad it's done - I just hope everyone's happy with it. There was still data that I was missing, but not a lot I can do about that now.

We've just watched The Missing - such a cliffhanger again! I'm going to snuggle up in bed with my book now I think.

Had a little lie in this morning - will head up to uni soon.

B - porridge (HEXB) with PB2 (1), pumpkin and apple. SO good - but I must try and vary my B choice, I know it doesn't help me lose when I always stick to the same thing.

L - John West salmon lentil pouch (4) and I'll get some salad.

D - Pasta

I'm going to group and will do weigh, then we're heading off to a gig at the pub. Much needed after yesterday!

Nice night ahead! Good luck for WI!
I feel your pain with the knotty back- I think it's from being hunched over the laptop all the time?!
It's hard to vary your B choice I find- especially in winter when you need good, filling food. I have been trying to avoid bread but sometimes can't resist toast/sandwiches. The fruit and nuts allowance just seems a bit mean, except for rhubarb which you seem to get loads of!

ooops.... SO much for getting up and being productive. I fell asleep, and only woke up when my OH came home for lunch! As such, I have realised it makes more sense to work from home, go straight to fat club (without all of my STUFF), then onto the pub.

I can't believe I did that! I felt super awake and ready to go... but that didn't happen, so onto plan B. There's no point in wasting lots of time going back and forth to campus though.

I know what you mean about other B choices! I would struggle with so few nuts! And if I'm having cooked fruit, it's generally in a crumble or a pie - and not a SW adapted one!

Good luck for tonight!
You obviously needed a bit more of a sleep :D

Ruth
X

Well, somehow I lost half a pound. I am pretty shocked - I probably deserved to gain. Then went out and got very drunk at a gig. Genuinely one of the best nights I've had in ages. Today will not be on plan - mostly because I am working an odd shift, but also because the German market opens in town today, and I apparently organised everyone to meet for mulled wine. Drunk me needs to learn to behave herself

Back