T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

OH suggested going out for breakfast this morning, but I said no. I could have had porridge made with water at Carluccio's, but I'm not sure I'd have been able to resist the eggs royale once I was actually there! Plus even if I had ordered porridge, wouldn't have known how much they'd used.

B - cinnamon pear "coats" (HEXB1)

Not sure what we're eating the rest of the day. I will get meal planning done this afternoon. I managed to bruise the side of my foot pretty badly yesterday at work; ran over it with a stack of chairs! Ooops, so not going to gym today, need to let the swelling go down a bit. Plan is gym tomorrow morning before I go up to uni.

Looks like another miserable day out, so will probably do some baking later as well. I think the chocolate and beetroot cake will be making a reappearance, because it was SO good.

L - salmon and egg salad. Need to fit my second HEXB in somewhere?! So possibly scan bran with cottage cheese - or I might make scan bran muffins?

D - pizza pie (HEXA of cheese) with quorn mince and roasted veg. Can't remember if it's the taco's or the tortilla's I've got in, so either 4 or 4.5 for that - will update later.

Hm, OH got me some oatmeal, which I used for porridge this morning, but not able to find syns info on it, I'm hoping it is a HEXB, because it actually has more fibre than the branded oatmeal that is shown as a B choice on the website. I've sent the packaging to SW, but we'll have to wait and see! I'm going to eat it anyway in the meantime.

B - cinnamon pear "coatmeal" (hopefully HEXB1!)

L - quorn mince with salad leaves.

S - mini quiches and falafel. Fruit.

D - roast veg with trout

Well... I just had the phone call; it's "sayonara" right kidney. I don't know the what's and whens just yet, but they seemed to think I wouldn't have a long wait. Apparently the damage is worse than they thought, and my right kidney is hardly working at all. It would explain why I've been so exhausted recently. I'm up at uni now to get on with some dissertation work, but I've been advised to ask for an extension on that as well. All go here! I managed to pick up a Monsoon dress in a charity shop for my cousin's birthday party; she's having a musical theatre themed fancy dress. I've decided to go as Mayzie la Bird from Suessical (the Dr Seuss musical, OH is going as The Cat in the Hat). Now I just need to get loads of feathers for the customisation!

Well... I just had the phone call; it's "sayonara" right kidney. I don't know the what's and whens just yet, but they seemed to think I wouldn't have a long wait. Apparently the damage is worse than they thought, and my right kidney is hardly working at all. It would explain why I've been so exhausted recently. I'm up at uni now to get on with some dissertation work, but I've been advised to ask for an extension on that as well. All go here! I managed to pick up a Monsoon dress in a charity shop for my cousin's birthday party; she's having a musical theatre themed fancy dress. I've decided to go as Mayzie la Bird from Suessical (the Dr Seuss musical, OH is going as The Cat in the Hat). Now I just need to get loads of feathers for the customisation!

I am so very sorry to hear your sad news and I know you are probably in shock as we always hope for the best. Feel for you TT...

I hope you have a good time at your cousins birthday... Would love to see a photo of your outfit!:)

Thanks Mini - shocked and not sure what to expect at the moment. At least I only need the one kidney! Unfortunately, kidney's don't even weigh that much! Just waiting for letters now, but hopefully it won't be too long to wait for appointments. I have let uni know, and my tutor's suggested asking for an extension on my dissertation, which I can do once I have confirmed dates for being in hospital. I actually feel more sorry for the poor woman in the charity shop! I got the phone call, then turned to her and said "Well, it's not every day you learn you're going to have a kidney taken out, over the phone!" Poor woman didn't know what to do! She was very sweet though

Will make sure I get some photos to put up from the party - love fancy dress! Any excuse to wear feathers and glitter; perhaps I was a showgirl in a past life?!

So last night I gave myself a break. Dinner was on plan, as above, but decided to have ice cream (M&S salted caramel brownie blondie: amazing!)

Back to it today. I am feeling particularly tired, but I have things to do today. Back pain is also the worst it's been for a while, which is apparently all likely to be kidney related.

B - the dubious oatmeal! (hopefully HEXB1)

L - salad and quorn mince

D - prawn stir fry with butternut squash noodles.

We're off to see a flat this morning, then at lunch time I'm meeting up with an events team about my work placement for uni. Then heading up to uni to get a bit more work done before my riding lesson tonight. I may not be allowed to ride once I've had the kidney removed (obviously, in the short term I can't, but I mean longer term as well)

We'll just see how things go. I'm not going to beat myself up if I'm off plan this week, but I'm not going to let myself binge either.

Sorry to hear about your kidney hun! Must of been a shock. I think your plan for this week is sensible, not going overboard, but not being hard on yourself either.

Good luck with the flat hunting, hopefully you find somewhere lovely for you and your OH.

Hope your back is feeling better than it did this morning, and you are able to have a restful night's sleep xx

Thanks lovely. Had a really good riding lesson tonight - back is still giving me pain, but not too bad at the moment. I'm just hoping that I'll feel less tired once it's sorted! I don't think there's any point in beating myself up food-wise, I don't really have much of an appetite, so just eating a little of what I fancy is helping, and not actually going too overboard anyway. Work tomorrow, and will have to let them know what's going on as well. I managed to get my work placement for uni sorted, which I'm really excited about as well

Definitely no point beating yourself up! Just makes us feel worse (I really should tell myself that!) Hopefully you will feel a lot better once your kidney is removed, as at least it won't be able to cause you any more issues. I can understand the frustration of not knowing when it will happen though, I would feel the same.

Hope you have had a good day :)

Long day at work! Which started with a coffee related incident and nearly had me in tears (turns out, once I get over shock, I become very emotional!) It was a good day though, and I'm super excited about my first "on the job" day with my placement tomorrow. I haven't really been on plan today, meals were fine, it was the bits in between that were less good... But the lentil bake was AMAZING - will be making that again

I think being a bit emotional is understandable at the moment. I'm glad you had a good day in the end though. How was your placement today?

It was a good first day - pretty busy, but I kind of needed that I think! My colleague also got me an amazing, warm out of the oven, egg custard tart (it would have been rude not to, right?!)

Spoke to my consultant and explained what's going on at the moment, so I'm just taking things easy. I still came in with a half pound loss tonight, which was pretty amazing.

With all that is going on TT and you still have a half pound off is fantastic:0clapper:

Delighted to hear you had a good day and I think that egg custard tart was well deserved.

Back