T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Decided to slightly flexi-syn today, because I want some gin! I'm going to save it to watch during the opening ceremony though, I think. I have four cans of the Sainsbury's gin and slimline (3.5 each) - so that's 14 syns for those. (they're not on the website, but I found the calorie info, and that's what the syns tool comes out with - much better, and cheaper, than the Gordon's ones!)

Another half for oil to saute the veg for cottage pie.

Total syns: 17

OH got a bottle of gin, but I will be trying to avoid that and stick to my pre-mixed! We agreed it was easier than measuring out 25ml a time.

Stuck to the 17 and made it most of the way through the opening ceremony! Late night made for a slow start this morning.

B - I had some mince and potatoes left from last night, so had that for breakfast (really tasty! I only used half a syns worth of oil in the whole thing, which made four portions, so I'm not counting it)

L - pasta salad

D - TBC

Had a nice walk around town in the sun, then a quick catch up with a few friends at the pub (accompanied by a diet coke). Home now for a chilled evening, then tomorrow I am getting rid of some of these damned boxes! Also got a new e-cigarette: I have decided the time is right now. I really do want to quit. I know that I can, just need to stick to it.

HEXB sweet onion ryvita with HEXA LC light triangles.

Will have Eaton Mess for pudding later (8 syns for two meringues)

Total syns for the day: 13

L - snacky bits (ploughman's esque) with HEXA of cheese, picked onions, veg sticks, quorn, cottage cheese and sweetcorn. And a pack of popcorn (2.5)

D - giant couscous with maple prawns (0.5) and about a syns worth of oil for roast veg and sauce.

Pudding - Eaton Mess (8 syns)

Total syns: 12

I can't make usual WI this week - out for OH's birthday. My consultant runs another group on a Wednesday evening. It's a bit of a walk, but I think I'll go there, because otherwise I'm weighing really early or changing to a morning.

Morning all - hope Monday is kind to you!

I am planning to get some baking done today (banana bread, specifically, although I may also do something with scan-bran) I want to try and mix my syns up this week (sorry Eaton Mess, but it's time for a break). I also want to carry on unpacking - I have a big box of "uni stuff" (mostly paperwork) that really needs sorting. As well as a tonne of stuff we sorted yesterday to take to the charity shops!

B - melon. Baked "carrot cake" oats are in the oven now (they smell SO good, can't wait to eat them) (HEXB)

L - TBC. Probably salad -it's quick and easy!

D - keema curry with veggie mince. Not sure what it'll be served with yet and that may change, as OH wanted to have a think about what he would like! (typical, he doesn't want to get involved with meal planning whilst I'm doing it, but is quick to have a whine about it after!)

We had keema style curry for dinner. The whole lot was one syn, so worked out at less than half per portion.

Going to use Sukrin icing to make cream cheese style frosting to have on my carrot cake!

Total syns for the day 13ish....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 4
We had keema style curry for dinner. The whole lot was one syn, so worked out at less than half per portion.

Going to use Sukrin icing to make cream cheese style frosting to have on my carrot cake!

Total syns for the day 13ish....

Ooo this looks very tasty indeed!! Could I possibly trouble you for a recipe? We love a good curry in our house!!!

Ruth
X

I am terrible for not actually using recipes... But here's an approximation!
1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper, 1 red and 1 white onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic
Good sized piece of ginger, grated.

Fried off cumin seeds, coriander pods, black onion seeds, turmeric (and a few other random bits from my spice tin) until fragrant. Added a teeny bit of tomato purée to make a paste.

Put in onions/garlic/peppers/ginger and fried until soft.

Add Tin of tomatoes and chilli and Garam Masala or curry powder to taste.

Add veggie mince and stir well. I cooked the potatoes separately, because they were teeny little new ones, but you could cube and cook in the sauce. Add hot water as necessary to get sauce to desired consistency. I like my Keema curry quite dry. Depending on whether you're cooking the potatoes in it or not, you can alter the cooking time. 20 mins for potatoes is fine- I like to cook curries long and slow if I have the time... This was probably only on the hob for about 15 minutes

Add peas- can use frozen or fresh. And a handful of fresh coriander. Then serve with more coriander (again, personal preference. I like lots!)

Hope that makes sense! x

Morning all! WI this evening, not holding my breath, as it is a day early - but I know that I've been good, so it will show eventually.

B - baked oats (HEXB) with loads of strawberries

L - Leftovers! I have some curry, and some stir fry left. Let's call is half a syn, although I doubt it's even that much.

D - tuna pasta (HEXA of cheese)

I'm taking fruit and carrots to snack on, as well as a couple of pieces of banana bread (2 syns)

Well, today is conspiring against me! I forgot my water and my popcorn. Then, to add to that, the greengrocer on campus has changed their days, and is only open Monday and Tuesday. Most annoying, because I went to Sainsbury's, but didn't buy much fruit, because I was planning to get it here! Will have to see how I get on, but may take a walk to Asda this afternoon

Back