T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Best made plans and all that.... I ended up having to run some shopping errands for my placement/the event tomorrow (paddling pools are pretty heavy!) Popped into the pub to cool down and had Diet Coke: all good. Then people kept turning up! And I ended up on cider (it was sunny), then me and the OH went for dinner at our favourite Indian restaurant - I avoided creamy curry, but did succumb to pashwari naan. Ah well. Back to it today. I just need to get back in the head space and stop self-sabotaging!

Super tired today: yesterday was event day and I was on site from 7.30. I was sent home late afternoon, because I wouldn't have been able to help with lifting stuff for pack up anyway. But I walked the equivalent of almost 15 miles! I wasn't on plan really (in fact, I didn't eat much at all until we had pizza in the evening) - but I hope the body magic and a few lower syn days will counter that a bit.

B - fresh fruit

L- salmon and egg salad, with a Mccain jacket potato (1 syn) with my HEXA of cheese

D - potato risotto (http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-potato-risotto-228715) Will use Olive Oil spray, so about 0.5 for that. And I may add some parmesan.

Last edited:
Think I'll head out for a walk this afternoon; there was a graffiti/street art festival in the city over the weekend, so it would be good to go and take some pics of the work. I also want to try and get my kitchen a bit more sorted (things are all over the place since the move!)

B - frozen banana with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and fat free Greek style yogurt.

L - risotto and salad. I might try and make them into some type of arancini with my HEXA of cheese (not decided yet!)

D - ratatouille frittata with chips (from the mag - but with Quorn instead of real ham)

Syns and HEXB to follow

I went for a walk yesterday, but not to look at the street art, so that's today's plan. Have Tesco delivery coming this evening, so no rush to be back either. Also need to pick up some new leggings, as mine have died! So a meander through town and over the river is the plan! I have a docs appointment tomorrow (meds review), then hopefully popping into work to see my boss, because I've not seen her for ages. No placement work this week, because we have August event-free anyway, so we decided we all needed a bit of a break.

Feeling much more positive food-wise now. I seem to have managed to clamber back onto the wagon. I think I will have a couple of months with a blanket ban on alcohol for me: it just makes things much easier.

Frittata last night was delicious! And I have some leftover for today.

B - fruit and yogurt.

L - frittata and chips (I'll take it with me on my walk and pick some fruit up on the way)

D - veggie spag-bol I think (it really depends on freezer space!)

Syns and healthy extras to follow. Happy hump day everyone!

STS tonight - not overly surprising, given all the cider that attacked me on Friday! Funnily enough, when I first got on the scales, they showed a 1lb gain: wasn't happy with that at all! So waited until I'd weighed everyone else (benefits of being on social team) and hopped on the scales again... 0.5 gain, but the scales were wavering. So went for a wee and managed to get a maintain.

I am going to be on it 100%, starting tomorrow morning. I have plans in place, and plenty of food to keep me going. I'm determined now: fed up of losing and gaining the same bit and horrified that I have regained a whole stone over the last year.

We were talking about vegetarian pulled "pork", because Linda M range has launched a burger, in the style of... and someone at group said you can use jackfruit as a veggie alternative. I've had a look at some recipes, and I'm really tempted to give it a go.

Yay it's Friday!

Going to head up to uni today. I want to try and do some work, just to keep myself motivated and on track!

B - cold pasta (yup, bit weird, but I totally forgot to buy in anything for breakfast!)

L - prawn salad (0.5 syns) with hard boiled eggs. HEXB of Tesco cereal bars (the chocolate ones are LUSH - and so much cheaper than Alpen Lights!)

D - watermelon, mint and rocket salad with feta (HEXA) and tuna steaks (0.5 syns for olive oil)

And then I think Eaton Mess for pudding (8 syns) May have some more syns during the day, and will pick up some fruit to snack on

No more syns - so a total of 8.5 for the day. Back in the game! Trip to Ikea tomorrow (how exciting is my life!?) followed by unpacking (I know, keep calm!) - because I'm fed up of feeling like I'm camping in half my flat!

Tuna was cooked to perfection - it's so simple, but one of my favourite dishes. Cooking with olive oil is SO much better than frylight; I can actually get the pan hot enough to sear properly

Morning all! Restless nights sleep for some reason, but have dragged myself up.

B - fresh fruit and frozen banana with fat free yogurt.

Not sure what's on food-wise for the rest of the day, so will update again later

Sorry to hear you've had a rubbish nights sleep! Hope you get to relax a bit!!

Ruth
X

Seem to have come down with a summer cold, which explains the sore back. Looks like today will be spent mostly resting (and hopefully directing OH to unpack boxes, but that doesn't seem too hopeful!

B - fresh fruit with yogurt. And added tangerines! (not in the yogurt)

L - quorn ham with cottage cheese and sweetcorn. Sugar snaps, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes. HEXA of cheddar (kind of a ploughmans type affair!) and a bag of Sunbites popcorn (2 syns) Probably a free mugshot.

D - Linda M pulled pork (1 syn) with wholemeal roll (HEXB) and 4.5 syns of blue cheese. And pudding will be a mug cake - comfort food! (2 syns for Options hot chocolate)

Total: 9.5 syns

Gives me a little bit of room if I do decide I need something else!

Hot bath and 12 + hours of heat treatment seems to have finally eased by back. Sinuses are very stuffy and sore though, so quietish day again today I think. I had sort-of plans with my hairdresser, so may be going to see him later! Just seen that it's going to be a wet day in the SW as well, so think I'll mostly be hiding in the house!

B - fresh fruit. Staying away from yogurt today I think!

L - salad

D - Quorn curry. Got one of the SW sauces. Also tempted to try the Tilda edamame and wasabi brown rice with it (3 syns)

Will add syns and healthy extra's in during the day

Last edited:
Back