T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Bit of both really. It turns out I have a rare genetic disorder, which makes me more likely to form stones, which means they have to keep monitoring. But the 24 hour is just to check the amount of cystine, and then make a decision about whether to put me on medication. The first time I did it, they gave me a slightly wrong test; the second time, apparently the bottles leaked in transit. So it's third time lucky!

All the luck in the world wasn't going to save me this week! 2.5lbs on, which is a little unfair, when I've walked bloody miles and been good most of the time. But oh well - it's a new week. I need to stop arsing around.

I was running up for WOTY - the lady who won deserved it absolutely. She got target last week (when we both weighed in at a different group together!) and has lost over 6 and a half stone in about 18 months. Incredible and the change in her is amazing. One of our newest members was saying how inspiring all of us are - which was lovely.

I am now not going to be able to go to a taster without chocolate beetroot cake! That and the banana bread went down really well.

OK - back to basics. I'm going to re-read my books this afternoon. I am going to check syns in things before I eat it. I'm fed up of messing around: more than anything else, it's costing me a fair bit of money!

B - fresh fruit, frozen cherries and fat free Greek style yogurt.

L - tuna pasta (packed with lots of speed) 2 tablespoons of Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself really light mayo (1 syn) and my HEXA of LC Light triangles.

Afternoon snack- HEXB scan bran, with cottage cheese and beetroot.

D - Sainsbury's vegetarian quarter pounder w/ cheese (1 syn) and roast vegetables. (1 syn for oil)

I will add some more syns in during the day. I am not going to let life get in my way this week. If we do end up meeting friends, I am not going to drink. I've done it before, and it's easier than just having a few. It should also mean that I don't end up smoking again! I did a week, then had a smoke when we were out last Saturday. Tomorrow will be another week, and I don't want to start again.

Besides that, it's Friday! Yay! Today is going to be quiet for me; I have my first shift back at work tomorrow. It's a wedding reception, so could be pretty hectic. It feels like ages since I've worked and I am still getting tired, so makes sense to rest up a bit.

Off to see my GP this morning. Going to have a chat about a medication I'm on. It does have a side effect of weight gain, so I'm wondering whether coming off it would help me. Bit of a balancing act. But my GP is amazing, and I trust her on this either way.

All the luck in the world wasn't going to save me this week! 2.5lbs on, which is a little unfair, when I've walked bloody miles and been good most of the time. But oh well - it's a new week. I need to stop arsing around.

I was running up for WOTY - the lady who won deserved it absolutely. She got target last week (when we both weighed in at a different group together!) and has lost over 6 and a half stone in about 18 months. Incredible and the change in her is amazing. One of our newest members was saying how inspiring all of us are - which was lovely.

I am now not going to be able to go to a taster without chocolate beetroot cake! That and the banana bread went down really well.

Well you are inspiring TT! Well done on the nomination!! Don't worry about the 2.5 in sure you will get it off no problem at all :) you already sound like you're well on the way and focused to getting there by going through your books!
I hope you have a lovely day, and yes resting sounds like a good idea!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth.

Just been to see my GP- we get on really well, so I'm lucky there, that I have someone I can actually talk to! She agreed to change one of my meds: she's had reservations about me being on it anyway, because weigh gain is a side effect. I'm willing to try something else if it might help! Picked up some bits and bobs in town, going to walk home now.

As I was in town, I popped into M&S and got some of the coconut mini meringues. They're 7.5 syns for the full pack and SO good. Really gutted that the new hi-fis have gelatin in, so thought I'd do something coconut and chocolate themed for myself! Pudding tonight will be half of the meringues (4 syns for the sake of argument!) with quark and 2 teaspoons of choc shot (1 syn)

This miserable weather makes me crave a comforting drink before bed time, so I picked up some peanut hottie (4) to have before bed.

Total syns for the day: 12

Is it wrong that I want to go to bed early tonight, because I am SO excited about tomorrow's breakfast?!

The whole flat smells of strong, sweet coffee in preparation of my scan-bran tiramisu! Syn free, using my HEXB. No idea if it will actually taste good, but I'm willing to give it a go. Will also be layering it up with frozen cherries for extra speed. So a kinda Black Forest x tiramisu I guess.

We're also going to have a cooked lunch tomorrow, because I don't finish work until 10pm.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend (and that the weather's better than earlier today!)

Pudding for breakfast! It isn't much of a looker, but scan bran cherry tiramisu tasted AMAZING. I have now got a serious coffee buzz.

L - chili (non) carne! Probably served with rice.

D - will be whilst I'm at work. Need to work syns out, but it will be quinoa from the other day, with salsa. More update to follow...

Attachments

• cherry tiramisu.jpg
    cherry tiramisu.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3
OK - online shop done, and OH has left me in peace to write my post!

L - 0.5 syns for olive oil. I think I'll have my HEXA of cheese on my chili.

D- quinoa salad with roast veggies and salmon (1 syn for two tablespoons of salsa)

Then pudding when I get home from work will be the same as last night. (4 syns for meringues and 1 syn for choc shot) and probably a Peanut Hottie before bed again (4)!

Syns for today should be: 10.5

Gives me a little bit to play with as well.

Thanks Ruth- it was delicious! I kind of made it up as I went along, but I will try and get a recipe written up for it at some point. My new favourite way to eat scan-bran. Although rather decadent for breakfast!

Rough recipe:
Scan-bran cherry tiramisu

(syn free, if using scan-bran as your healthy B choice. Or 5 syns for the whole thing!)

Ingredients:

Sweetener to taste – I used Canderal baking and Sukrin Gold (you can use any you like!)

Coffee – I used instant, but if you have a machine, express would be AMAZING

Scan bran x 5

Egg yolk x 1 (optional, but makes it true to a proper tiramisu)

Quark (I used a full small pot of Tesco’s own brand)

Flavouring of choice (I added some rum flavouring, some Irish Cream Skinny Syrup)

Frozen cherries (or fruit of choice to layer with)

Method:

1. Put scan bran in a container and liberally pour over strong, sweetened coffee. You want them to be mashable (no need to drain). I used approx. 1 mug worth of coffee. Leave to soak.

2. Separate egg and whisk egg yolk and sweetener until creamy.

3. Mix quark and flavourings into egg yolk mixture.

4. Once scan-bran have cooled, mash up.

5. Layer up in dish of choice – scan-bran/quark and fruit/scan-bran/quark and fruit (can do as many layers as you want, I went for thick layers)

6. Chill – I did this overnight and it set really well. Could probably just do it for a few hours.

7. Serve with more fruit and enjoy!

I don't think I'll be doing much today: I did over 33k steps yesterday with work, and then walking home! When I got back, realised I'd forgotten to buy quark, so just had the meringues for pudding on their own.

B - strawberries, frozen cherries and fat free Greek yogurt. An apple!

Not sure what's on the menu for the rest of the day. Spag bol is penciled in for dinner, but we had mince yesterday, so that may change!

Back