T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Everything feels a bit better when you're less tired! Apparently my phone decided it just needed a rest... seems to be working OK this morning.

B - scan-bran cherry tiramisu, with raspberries and strawberries (HEXB)

Today will mostly involve being at home! Which I think is actually a good thing. I think the weekend, although not a crazy party one, has actually taken its toll on me. Feel pretty wiped out. So Netflix and lots of water it is!

L - leftovers of some description! Not sure which, because I seem to be stockpiling at the moment LOL.

D - Thai curry. Again, not sure which one exactly, but I think it will involve prawns.

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Oh no :( hope today is a better day for you- not sure what to suggest on the phone front unless you have an old one you can use until you can get it fixed? Or maybe google to see if you can find out the problem? The arguing doesn't sound good either, hope you're both feeling better today.
Silver lining, you were on plan! Well done for that- it's hard when everything feels like it's going wrong x

Ah, trust me, I was being bratty yesterday! My OH is very patient with me, so if he snapped, it was pretty bad.

I am reveling in my lazy day today (yup, totally still in my PJ's on the sofa!)

It could be psychosomatic, but I don't feel as hungry since starting the new meds. I'm really hoping for a good loss this week, but I am not going to get hung up on it. When I was doing my 'speech' for WOTY finals, I realised it was the first time I've spoken publicly about my relationship with food. I think I've started to let it get almost unhealthy again, so I'm working hard to redress that balance

So, food for today:

L - quinoa with roast veg and smoked salmon, mixed with salsa (2 syns)

D - egg 'wraps' with chili, rice and bean filling. With a HEXA of cheese.

Will add some more syns in later. Curry has been juggled to tomorrow's dinner - we have so much stuff left in the fridge to use up (I really need to get to grips with cooking less!)

Planning to have some creme fraiche with my dinner (3 syns - picked up the half fat instead of 0% fat, but that's no problem!) Let's call it a syn for oil (although I doubt I'll need to use that much)
Grabbed a packet of popcorn this afternoon (2.5)

Then will have a free yogurt for pudding. And a peanut hottie before bed (4)

Total syns for the day: 12.5

Last edited:
Planning to have some creme fraiche with my dinner (3 syns - picked up the half fat instead of 0% fat, but that's no problem!) Let's call it a syn for oil (although I doubt I'll need to use that much)
Grabbed a packet of popcorn this afternoon (2.5)

Then will have a free yogurt for pudding. And a peanut hottie before bed (4)

Total syns for the day: 12.5

Ooo that sounds very nice! I'm struggling a bit to Syn correctly whilst being away, day two and it's driving me up the wall..

Ruth
X

Morning!

B - fruit and yogurt with a packet of popcorn (2.5)

L - mac and cheese, with extra salad (HEXA)

D - Thai curry. I'm going to use yogurt and coconut essence in place of coconut milk, I think. Which will keep the syns nice and low!

Will pick up some snacky bits later, I'm hoping it won't take too long to get electronics bits sorted in town, then I can head up to uni.

Will have my scan bran as my HEXB to complete the 5th day of the challenge.

Last edited:
Fighting the urge to eat crisps and chocolate.... On the plus side, the guy in the vape shop agreed to change the charger case (even though it wouldn't normally be covered under warranty). The guy in the phone shop though...well, it wouldn't be polite for me to type on here! When they fixed the screen before, I mentioned that there was a mark at the side on a couple of occasions. They just insisted it wasn't an issue, and as the screen was working, I didn't think any more of it. Today, he's refusing to work on it under warranty, saying that there's a crack (in exactly the same place). So now I need to see whether to get this repaired on my insurance, get a new phone, or go into a contract (I'm on a monthly SIM at the moment). If he hadn't been so rude and dismissive, I'd feel a lot better about the whole situation. As it is, the phone does (just) work; but I have to send text messages as one long sentence, with no punctuation! Because if you change the keyboard, it then gets stuck. Oh, the fun and games.

A mixed day- at least your food sounds delish! Would be interested to hear how your Thai curry works out, I'd love to make one minus coconut milk.
We are having a similar phone related nightmare at the moment- though my OH is too argumentative to let things lie and refused to leave until they fixed the cracked screen (that they also caused)... it's been in repair for a week now but fortunately pay day came along so he got an early upgrade.
I liked to think we didn't rely on technology that much, but it's so annoying when you don't have a smartphone!

Not being able to text nearly drove me mad today, Poppet! And then not being able to listen to music on the bus... Thankfully, my OH is a hoarder, so we still have the old iPhone - which I am now going to use, whilst we decide what's best.

Will let you know about the curry! I'm quite excited. So..

D - 1 syn max for olive oil. I need to use the creme fraiche, so will just add a couple of tablespoons of that as well (1.5 per portion)

Then pudding is going to be frozen cherries with sweetened quark, options (2) and a syn's worth of choc shot.

Total syns for the day: 7

My curry was great! If a little on the spicy side... Certainly worked using fat free Greek yogurt with coconut flavour. Saved syns nicely!

Attachments

• thai green curry.jpg
    thai green curry.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Wednesday and I'm not sure where this week is going! Must remember not to eat scan-bran today and tomorrow!

B - fruit and yogurt.

L - rice/beans/mince and salad.

D - I think we're going to have the salmon and broccoli quiche from Pinch of Nom (http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-smoked-salmon-and-broccoli-quiche-slimming-world/) But that may change.... Tesco delivery coming this evening, so may just cook with what we're getting in!

Will add syns in during the day. Going to head up to uni now and get a bit of work done

Back