Take 2! My New IF Journey

Good luck tomorrow with the run!

Thanks Phoenyx. It went okay. I'm just cooking my tea after coming back home. Last time i attempted their beginners course about 30 people turned up. This time 110 turned up, i knew we would probably have a few more due to all those New Year resolutions but i never expected 110! I ended up running at the back of the second pack pretty much on my own at one point and because the front pack was so far in advance we couldn't hear when they shouted run or walk and only knew what to do when we caught sight of what the lead group were doing. So in that respect it wasn't great but i did cover 2miles in 27mins so felt quite happy with that. Now all i've got to do is fit in all the over runs.

Hey Sarah,

I'm getting on fine so far thanks. Doing a kind of IF/SW hybrid which works quite well for me (when I stick to it, haha). Exercise-wise, have not done anything, need to sort that out!

Enjoy your day off!

X

Interesting i'm pretty much combining SW with IF too. It's helping me not binge which is pretty much what i was doing before. Well done on your 5lb loss btw. Good going.

It's been another good day foodwise and exercise wise. Nothing much else to say. Other than my run i've pretty much not moved my butt from the settee. But then i am quite busy tomorrow so no such luck on resting then! Dentist at 9.55am and then hairdressers for a trim at 12.30. May have to do tomorrow's run on the treadmill if i don't back in time.

Thanks guys.

I was very naughty this morning and i re-arranged my dental appointment. I had a shocking night and there was no way i was going to go drag my butt out of bed for them to drill my tooth!

Weigh in tomorrow morning. I've exercised every day and eaten well other than my blip Monday night. Fingers crossed i'll be rewarded on the scales tomorrow morning.

Hello sounds like you are doing well with the sw/if . I am hoping that plan old SW works to get me back to target. Have been back on plan 3 days post holiday and have lost 3.4/ 13.4 gain.

I am on a mission with my fitbit to keep my 7 day steps above 100 k. I did a lot of walking and running on holiday so got it nice and high, now today is a big battle as I lose 22,000 overnight and have no running planned today as have a 10 miler planned tomorrow. Ended up marching round my living room yesterday to get my steps up. (Hmm am I a little bit obsessed!)

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow x I've still to re arrange dentist appointment that was cancelled two days before Christmas...they'll need to catch me first :p

Haha, yeah i wish i could leave it but mine have a habit of chucking people who don't attend off their list and at the moment i'm lucky to have a NHS dentist. My OH pays privately and its a fortune! Cannot believe how much he pays... Still i may have to cancel it again....... Shudders, hate dentist!

Good luck for weigh in. X

Thanks

Hello sounds like you are doing well with the sw/if . I am hoping that plan old SW works to get me back to target. Have been back on plan 3 days post holiday and have lost 3.4/ 13.4 gain.

I am on a mission with my fitbit to keep my 7 day steps above 100 k. I did a lot of walking and running on holiday so got it nice and high, now today is a big battle as I lose 22,000 overnight and have no running planned today as have a 10 miler planned tomorrow. Ended up marching round my living room yesterday to get my steps up. (Hmm am I a little bit obsessed!)

Wow well done on your loss so far. You do get a bit obessed about getting those greens on the Fitbit Dashboard. I started using our upstairs loo so that i could hit my stairs target everyday! But with a 10miler planned for tomorrow you won't have any problems hitting your step count then! Imagine what your stats will say when you do your 50k! I won't hit mine today or tomorrow as i'm at my OH's house but back on track from Monday.

Well i only lost half a pound this week and i'm pretty disappointed. I really don't understand my body at all. Last week i went over my syns and ended up eating 45 more than i had and i only exercised twice and i lost 3lbs. This week i have exercised everyday, stayed within my syns, eaten plenty of fruit and veg and only lost half a pound. Trying not to let it get to me but just don't understand it. I was really hopefully i'd lost a decent amount. Oh well. Let's see what next weeks brings.

I don't understand bodies either :( Hopefully next week you'll get a bigger drop to make up for this week? All the half pounds do add up though! xx You'd think that if you ate the same things and did the same amount of activity that weight loss would be linear but I don't think it matters what diet you're on bodies don't like complying and working that way.

Just feeling disappointed because it makes my target weight seem such a long way off. I guess i'll have to see what the scales say next week. I'm hopeful my body will catch up but have just read a post from someone who said they either sts the same or gained for a total of 5 weeks before their body caught up! Not sure i will have that much patience. I'm pretty such i'd be jacking the diet in. She did say she had dropped a few dress sizes in that time so that's slightly reassuring...

I've gone over my syns today so need to reign it in for the rest of my week. I'm feeling extremely tired today and felt even worse yesterday so i've not done any exercise even though i was supposed to run yesterday. Will have to get out and do some tomorrow. Will try and go for a run before people come out to pick their kids up that way no-one will see me!

Sarah our bodies are a mystery sometimes. I still use the true weigh app on my phone that i started using while fasting as i find it useful to see where my weight is so if i get an unexpected big loss or gain on wi day i can see the overall trend. I know weighing daily is not for everyone.

Can you remind me which Sarah are you on fitbit (sarah L ? ) as I am trying to take off people I don't know or at least chat too from my leaderboard. Trying to simplify it so it actually feels more useful

Managed 2 fast days and lost 3lb. Hi carrot I've been a bit off and on with this forum and dieting recently - trying to claw myself out of a cloud!

Hope your ok a bit quiet

Yeah i've had a terrible week so been off the radar. I've been frightening addicted to food this week and bascially gained back everything i lost. I know a lot of the gain will be water but still very annoyed with myself. I just can't seem to stick to anything at all! At this rate i'm going to hit my birthday in 3 weeks time and end up depressed because i can't find anything to wear! I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with me, but it frightened me.

Sarah our bodies are a mystery sometimes. I still use the true weigh app on my phone that i started using while fasting as i find it useful to see where my weight is so if i get an unexpected big loss or gain on wi day i can see the overall trend. I know weighing daily is not for everyone.

Can you remind me which Sarah are you on fitbit (sarah L ? ) as I am trying to take off people I don't know or at least chat too from my leaderboard. Trying to simplify it so it actually feels more useful

Don't think i've ever seen the true weight app. I'll look it up and see what its like. I'm Sarah L as far as i know.

Managed 2 fast days and lost 3lb. Hi carrot I've been a bit off and on with this forum and dieting recently - trying to claw myself out of a cloud!

Hey Love! Nice to have you back. Well done on your two fasts! You're clearly jumping back on the wagon much better than me! Any chance you could send me some motivation?!

Sorry you have had a rough week :-(
hope things improve this week and you can get back to healthy eating

Thanks hun. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I can manage about a week but then things just go to hell. I know its all in my head but it seems so strong! I have 3 weeks until my birthday and i know i'm going to struggle for stuff to wear on the night. If only i'd stuck to it when i started i'd be down at least half a stone by now!

Have made a shopping list of stuff i need to pick up tomorrow at the supermarket which i'm going to hit on my way back from the running club tomorrow night. I could do with someone coming round to my house everyday and slapping me about!

I've also restarted all my stats as it was depressing me seeing sts or gain, etc every other week so i'm considering this a fresh start and hoping all goes to plan. Obviously i will also be adding fasting to this system. Mostly i'll be cutting out eating in the morning so lets see how i get on. I could really do with some shock treatment!

So here i go, fingers crossed. I don't want to spend another year fat! :(

Maybe if your head is not in it just stick to one thing is either fasting or SW . For me I spent two years trying to find the perfect diet meanwhile gaining 21 pounds(admittedly some of that was holiday )

But then came to realise that there is no magic bullet ,slow and steady losses on a plan Ivan stick to led me back go SW eating lots of food I love

Back