Take 2! My New IF Journey

Lol I understand where your coming from ., I restarted kettlebells 2 weeks ago.. It hurt for 3 days then I did another Kettlebell class and it was achy but not as bad, did a KB class yesterday and I have twinges but am ok ;)

I find using deep heat or arnica cream is the best at helping get rid of the DOMS ( can't remember what it stands for - demon ouchie muscle soreness ??!) 3-4 days your be fine :)

My class is an hour inc. warmup and stretches afterwards !

Best stretches lay on back with legs straight up and genteelly pull leg back to stretch to point of good stretch but not pain.. Both legs

Then Bend Knees feet on floor, cross one leg over opp knee and lift leg still on floor and you will feel stretch in bum and repeat other side :)

OH FFS! I can't believe i've done this but i've missed my doctors appointment. I got it in my head that it was on Thursday and i went into my purse to check the time of the appointment and i notice the date is the 18th!!!! It was on Tuesday. So now i'll have to ring up, apologies and beg for another appointment!

Yesterday's food diary. Again stuck to the Fast 5 eating window:

UD - 18/06/2013

Breakfast
Hot water with Lemon = 0
Dinner
Black Coffee with Sweetener = 1
Tea
Home Made Juice = 187
Roast Lamb Dinner with Roast Potatoes, Aunt Bessie Yorkshire Pud and Broccoli = 1,054
Snack
2 x Weetabix with 100ml of SS Milk & Strawberries = 225

Exercise = 61mins Walking
Water
= 3.3litres

Total Calories = 1,512

So far Fast 5 has helped me stick to being under my calorie limit every day this week. Wonder if this will assist me on the scales on Saturday morning.

Didn't do Fast 5 yesterday and as a consequence went quite over my calories for the day. Hopefully the previous few good days will tide me over :)

UD - 20/06/13

Breakfast
Hot Water with Lemon = 0
Lunch

Pub Carvery = 1,273
Tea
Tuna & Cheese Baguette with Cheese & Onion Crisps = 1,175
Snacks
Half Trimlyne Raspberry Fruit Bar = 46
Half a Terry Chocolate Orange Segment = 23
3 x Jaffa Cakes = 138
White Coffee = 50

Exercise = 61mins Walking Up Hill
Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 2,681

Weighed in today and have lost 1.5lbs which means i have passed my first mini target (7lbs) by 1lb!!!! Fetches my total weight loss so far to 8lbs! :bliss:

On to the next mini mile stone which will be one stone gone!

Fasted yesterday and was barely hungry at all so only had a grand total of 1 calorie! I couldn't be bothered to make my juice so i just had water and one black coffee to keep the headaches away.

DD Number 14 - 22/06/13

Breakfast
Hot Water with Lemon = 0
Dinner
Black Coffee with 1 Sweetener = 1
Tea
Nothing

Exercise = 57mins Walking & 20mins with Slendertone Ab Belt
Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 1

Finally got around to using the Slendertone Ab Belt that my partner brought me for Christmas. It wasn't really what i was expecting and frankly the instructions were as clear as mud so took a while to figure it out. Annoyingly i can't find the instructions on how to set the belt to female so its still set on male although i'm not sure what difference that will make mind? I also have a vibration plate arriving on Tuesday that my Mum ordered so i'm hoping that will help with tonning. I think all the walking, especially the up hill ones, have really helped trimmed my bum down a bit.... I just wish i could do something to get rid of these massive hips! At the moment i think i look like a bell!

Well done on your loss, you must be over the moon! Your food diary for the past week looks great and it really showed on the scales. Love that you eat roast dinners on an UD. They are so satisfying, especially from the Toby....Yum!

Sarah, What is fast 5? And how is it helping you? Cos I think I need to get me some of that! :)

Weighed in today and have lost 1.5lbs which means i have passed my first mini target (7lbs) by 1lb!!!! Fetches my total weight loss so far to 8lbs! :bliss:

On to the next mini mile stone which will be one stone gone!

Fasted yesterday and was barely hungry at all so only had a grand total of 1 calorie! I couldn't be bothered to make my juice so i just had water and one black coffee to keep the headaches away.

DD Number 14 - 22/06/13

Breakfast
Hot Water with Lemon = 0
Dinner
Black Coffee with 1 Sweetener = 1
Tea
Nothing

Exercise = 57mins Walking & 20mins with Slendertone Ab Belt
Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 1

Finally got around to using the Slendertone Ab Belt that my partner brought me for Christmas. It wasn't really what i was expecting and frankly the instructions were as clear as mud so took a while to figure it out. Annoyingly i can't find the instructions on how to set the belt to female so its still set on male although i'm not sure what difference that will make mind? I also have a vibration plate arriving on Tuesday that my Mum ordered so i'm hoping that will help with tonning. I think all the walking, especially the up hill ones, have really helped trimmed my bum down a bit.... I just wish i could do something to get rid of these massive hips! At the moment i think i look like a bell!

Yay well done!!

Thanks everyone. I'm dead chuffed.

Flossy - Fast 5 is where you only allow yourself a 5 hour eating window a day in which to consume your daily calories. So for me last week i had an eating window of 5pm to 10pm. So i would start eating at 5pm and then finish no later than 10pm. If you look back through some of my previous diary entries you'll notice i often went above 2,000 calories on my UDs even though my TDEE is only 1715 cals (need to update that now i'm half a stone down) but now that i only have 5hours in which to eat i just can't get that much down me and that has mean't i have stuck to my allowed calories. Even been just under as well. Hope that makes sense. I'm not brilliant at explaining things! The only day i didn't do it was Thursday as i had a lunch and tea commitment and on that day i did go over my calories.

Let's see if i can repeat the magic this week.

Thinking of doing an ID tomorrow rather than a fast day..... Decisions, decisions.

Anyway for those who are completely bored or need assistance sleeping here's my food diaries for the past few days.

UD - 22/06/13

Breakfast
2 x White Coffee = 102
4 x Jaffa Cakes = 184
Dinner
Portion of Lasnga = 377 (was homemade and tiny so hope that's about right)
1/2 Ham Sandwich = 100
Tea
Chicken & Beef in Black Bean Sauce = 736
Chips = 284
Snacks
Tesco Raspberry Turnover = 300 (OMG i know but sooooo nice)

Water = 1.5litres
Exercise = 20mins with Slendertone Belt

Total Calories = 2,083

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UD - 23/06/13

Breakfast
None
Lunch
2 x 50/50 Toast with Lurpak = 402
Large Latte = 169
Tea
Roast Turkey with Roast Pots, Broccoli, Yorkshire Pud & Sausage Meat = 650 (not sure MFP is 100% right on this)
Snacks
Carte Dor Ice Cream = 150
Mini Sponge Cake = 125
Cadbury Flake = 135
Tesco Raspberry Turnover = 300

Exercise = None
Water = 3litres

Total Calories = 1,931

I don't get hung up about calories on the weekend but i do like to note them down all the same. Its habit forming. Attended 2 birthday bashes this weekend so that accounts for the odd food intake.

Can't believe weekend is over :(

Good idea with the 5 hour window thingamibob. That would defiantly limit the cals....although I reckon I could still pack a fair few in ha ha
OMG raspberry turnovers! I haven't had one of them since I was a kid.... Along with cream horns... Ha ha... dunno why but the name cream horns always make me giggle.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend & Monday isn't too blue for you :)

Rofl Flossy your not wrong. For some reason the words cream horns are really funny!!!! Made me snort my coffee! I can recommend the Raspberry Turnovers. Very high on cals but soooooo nice. I can only get them at the Tesco near York (thank goodness otherwise i'd be huge!!!) so i only get them when i'm at my partners for the weekend so only once a fortnight unless my partner is very kind and fetches some to mine but usually when i buy them i buy 2 packs of 2 and eat them all! This time i only bought one packet and i even let my partner have a bite or two! Me sharing food is unheard of!

Doing an ID with Fast 5 today. Just having a homemade juice and just about to put my tea in the oven.

Rofl Flossy your not wrong. For some reason the words cream horns are really funny!!!! Made me snort my coffee! I can recommend the Raspberry Turnovers. Very high on cals but soooooo nice. I can only get them at the Tesco near York (thank goodness otherwise i'd be huge!!!) so i only get them when i'm at my partners for the weekend so only once a fortnight unless my partner is very kind and fetches some to mine but usually when i buy them i buy 2 packs of 2 and eat them all! This time i only bought one packet and i even let my partner have a bite or two! Me sharing food is unheard of!

Doing an ID with Fast 5 today. Just having a homemade juice and just about to put my tea in the oven.

York! Maybe turnovers are a Yorkshire thing cos that's where I'm originally from. I thought I hadn't seen them for a while. I will have to ask my Dad to pick one up for me one next time I visit....I may also ask him to get me a Cream Hooooorn too ha ha

My ID day went a bit further over than i wanted but mainly because i completely forgot that i was having one of those rather than an UD! Oh well.

Been to the doctors this morning, urine test was fine so i now have a leaflet to read through with various strategies that i have to try before i can be referred to a urologist and i also have to have a diabetes test next Tuesday and see the practice nurse this Thursday because there are apparently manufacturing issues with my contraceptive pill so i have to go and ask to be put on something else. Might be the time given that i have been having a lot of breakthrough issues between my pills so, we'll have to wait and see. Here's yesterday's menu.

ID (Fast 5 Window) - 24/06/13

Breakfast
Hot Water with Lemon
Dinner
Black Coffee with Sweetener
Tea
Home Made Juice = 187
Tesco Chicken Casserole & Dumplings = 660
3 x 400g Slices of Wholemeal Bread = 174
Snacks
2 x Small Bun = 125

Exercise = 1hr 30mins Walking
Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 1,147

UD today! Woohoo :D

Hi SArah
Just wanted to pop in to say hello :) Made me laugh when you said you let your partner have a bite of your turnover. I'm like that - i'm not a food sharer either. Interested to find out how you are goiing with your 5 hour window. I haven't got Johnsons book - i read Skinner's IF and he talked about the 8 hour windown which i was kind of trying to do on UDs but got side tracked with the spud hack. Lol, i don't like my diets to be too simple!!
Fingers crossed for you this week.
x

Hello Welly :) Thanks for stopping by, hope i haven't bored you too much!

I'm definately not a food sharer and even less so now i only have a window to eat in. I once nearly stabbed him in the hand with my fork because he was stealing fries off my plate... Why did he order salad when he wanted chips??? An extreme case. I've chilled out a little bit since then ;) but not too much!

The 5 hour window has been okay so far. I can't say as i feel deprived as i think my fasting days have prepared me for this, plus i never ate breakfast anyway so its only lunch i'm missing out. In about 25mins i'm going to break my fast with a homemade juice and then start cooking my tea. If you search for Fast 5 on google it'll take you to the official website and there is a free ebook you can download that explains how Fast 5 came about. Without it i'm just eating too much on my UD's and i did try an 8 hour window but boy can i scoff a lot in 8hrs! I don't like my diets too simple either and i need a little bit of structure, otherwise i go nuts! I thinking this woe is extremely sustainable whereas the thought of eating the types of foods i was when i was on other traditional diets is just too depressing....

So the scales will tell me on Sat morning what the damage has been. Fingers crossed.

Back