Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Taking an occasional Nytol or similar whilst on VLCD

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lord LuLu, 8 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Lord LuLu

Lord LuLu Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Does anyone take an occasional Nytol or similar sleeping tablet whilst on Exante?

I work shifts and a few times a month I normally have a one a night Nytol to try and get to sleep a bit earlier than normal in preparation for my set of 'early' shifts.

Am a bit worried about taking one due to not having eaten for a week though! Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tubbynomore

tubbynomore Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.9%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hi Lulu, I work shifts and I have found that I sleep better now. Plus I get up earlier than I have done before doing the diet.
    I am not tired in the afternoons either. I suppose the effect of tablets on a VLCD would be greater as you will absorb them better but on the neg side you have no food to line your stomach either which might be bad if you're taking tabs.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was on sleeping tablets for a few weeks recently and had no adverse effects, I told the doc when he prescribed them about my diet and he had no issues with it :)

5. Lord LuLu

Lord LuLu Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Nursetubs, I have found that I'm sleeping very well on Exante, probably because after years of takeaways and rubbish I'm finally getting 100% of the RDA vitamins/minerals etc

It's only the earlies I struggle with as I have to be up for 5am and am most definitely NOT an early bird so I like to have a Nytol on the night before my first shift to ensure I'm not trying to function at work after just 2-3 hours sleep :eek: Nights and lates are a doddle for me as I'm more of a nightowl.

That's good to hear, it's only occasionally but it really helps me settle into the pattern easier.

6. TripleWhopper

TripleWhopper Banned

Start Weight:
    29st8lb
    Current Weight:
    27st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(8.21%)
    Diet:
    Looking for VLCD products.
    I take diazepam like it's candy ;-(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.