Taking an occasional Nytol or similar whilst on VLCD

Lord LuLu

Does anyone take an occasional Nytol or similar sleeping tablet whilst on Exante?

I work shifts and a few times a month I normally have a one a night Nytol to try and get to sleep a bit earlier than normal in preparation for my set of 'early' shifts.

Am a bit worried about taking one due to not having eaten for a week though! Any thoughts?

Hi Lulu, I work shifts and I have found that I sleep better now. Plus I get up earlier than I have done before doing the diet.
I am not tired in the afternoons either. I suppose the effect of tablets on a VLCD would be greater as you will absorb them better but on the neg side you have no food to line your stomach either which might be bad if you're taking tabs.

Nursetubs, I have found that I'm sleeping very well on Exante, probably because after years of takeaways and rubbish I'm finally getting 100% of the RDA vitamins/minerals etc

It's only the earlies I struggle with as I have to be up for 5am and am most definitely NOT an early bird so I like to have a Nytol on the night before my first shift to ensure I'm not trying to function at work after just 2-3 hours sleep :eek: Nights and lates are a doddle for me as I'm more of a nightowl.

I was on sleeping tablets for a few weeks recently and had no adverse effects, I told the doc when he prescribed them about my diet and he had no issues with it :)

That's good to hear, it's only occasionally but it really helps me settle into the pattern easier.

Back