Taking the diet packs through Customs in USA help???

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Ok does ANYBODY know about this?
I am oging to tulsa oklahoma next week.
I have just called Cambridge direct and apparently I am ok to take the sachets and packs and bars in my suitcase.... But have also been told by my counciller that you cant.

I am thinking of calling the american embassy so I can stick to it out there but what shall I say as they wont know anything about the cambridge diet.
x

I think they have the cambridge diet there dont they so im sure they will know what your on about. I went to the uk couple of weeks ago with a load of tetra's in my suitcase and no problems. Not allowed any on board with you as there 200ml didnt try either for fear of explaining myself!!

Yes you can take the bars/tetras/packs in your suitcase to the USA but not the tetras in your hand luggage

just be sure you declare them on your customs form - if you dont and they find them theyll take them off you
declare them and theymay send you to quarantine but theyll wave you right through once they see its packeted powder

i go to the usa every month different states all the time and ive never had them taken off me except when i didnt declare them once into jfk

I never had any problems just over 2 years ago. But 2nd what Slushy said, declare what you have and there shouldn't be a problem.

just to clarify - you can take the bars and packets in your hand luggage too if you prefer but you cant take liquids in hand luggage so no tetras

i actually recommend not taking tetras into the usa at all as some states can be very funny about dairy products

It's ok to take them but must be declared (failure to declare can result in $10,000 fine!)

Answer=

I've had customers take them without problems but in addition I've given them a letter on headed CD paper stating they are to be taken as part of a medically approved diet (with GP's stamped copy of original MRF if appropriate) to show at customs. Also take a flattened carton (from bars/sachets) showing the ingredients and manufaturing details.

Lyn

I've taken Tetras into the US in hold luggage (it sounds as though you may need to declare them, though- whoops.) One word of advice - if you take Tetras on a plane , fold the box corners out, so they're 'flattened', and put them all in a sealed plastic bag with room to move for double security - the pressure of the hold can make them burst if left box shaped.

I am interested in this too as I am going to the US soon. Not planning on sticking to CD, but considered taking some so that can have maybe one a day. Would you advise (for convenience etc) that I just take bars then? (they are the best after all!)

My client (who is american) took all her stuff through no problems. She put everything in her main suitcase.

We were looking at Dubai's list of not-allowed substances.....
runs to 4 or 5 A4 pages - Seriously worried about that place!

CD is very popular in the US, I am sure you will be fine...
Defo would check in advance of your trip tho, just to be sure

M x

We were looking at Dubai's list of not-allowed substances.....
runs to 4 or 5 A4 pages - Seriously worried about that place!

CD is very popular in the US, I am sure you will be fine...
Defo would check in advance of your trip tho, just to be sure

M x

Hi My lovely,

Keep it up your doing soooo well xxxxxxxxxxxxx see you Sat xxxxxxxxx

Thanks slushy, lyn & elaine, between you you seem to have all the knowledge.

I've ogt a client off to mexico in a fortnight. Is this just like the USA or does it ahve it's own peculiarities?

thanks too for the tip about opening the flaps on the tetras to allow for expansion. toyhg in this case it won't be a problem. client has just declared banana tetras to be the devils own brew.
she was talking of sueing Cambridge under the Trades Descriptions Act.
Quote : There is precious little banana & definately NO bliss!

If I were cambridge I'd be worried...she's a barrister.

mexico has its own set of rules
its very strict on no milk meat or fruit/veg
however they do seem to change with the wind and i managed to take cd in the last time i went but not the time before!
not much help there then am i lol

HI Fatty, You can take them in your suitcase as long as your suitcase is checked in and not taken onboard as hand luggage.

HTH

mexico has its own set of rules
its very strict on no milk meat or fruit/veg
however they do seem to change with the wind and i managed to take cd in the last time i went but not the time before!
not much help there then am i lol

I see!:confused:?

so would you recommend just putting the cd sachets in the suitcase keeping schtumm? or would you advise bringing them to the attention of the mexican auhorities?
Would a letter of the 'medically supervised diet/medicines help or hinder?

your info & expertise on cd & air travel is invaluable. i haven't asked cambridge head office for info but ownder if they might learn from you on this subject.

yes id put them in the suitcase and keep schtumm!
they wont fine ( or execute lol ) you for not declairing them in MEX whereas in the US its akin to smuggling heroin : )

Back