Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

I'd offer if I was closer... Have you tried Celestial teas? Or Yogi teas? Both brands do excellent selections...xx
I could pop them in a jiffy bag with a selection box ;)

Putting the food to bed for the night.
I didn't have any dessert and so have been craving something since dinner. So it sounds bizarre I had a supper of 2 slices of ham, large pickled onion, half a grilled pepper and a banana with a herbal tea.
Full and satisfied.
Had an Epsom salt bath and meant to be making last of my Xmas cards but I'm off for an early night & bed for 11pm with my weight loss hypnosis thingy disc for a bit of reinforcement - I've never actually heard it all the way through, I always fall asleep. (it's usually 1am before I turn in)

Putting the food to bed for the night.
I didn't have any dessert and so have been craving something since dinner. So it sounds bizarre I had a supper of 2 slices of ham, large pickled onion, half a grilled pepper and a banana with a herbal tea.
Full and satisfied.
Had an Epsom salt bath and meant to be making last of my Xmas cards but I'm off for an early night & bed for 11pm with my weight loss hypnosis thingy disc for a bit of reinforcement - I've never actually heard it all the way through, I always fall asleep. (it's usually 1am before I turn in)

A slimpod? I have one too... They work better if you go to sleep while its playing... After all its you're subconscious its talking to...xx

Hi LTM here to subscribe after your wise words to GG :D

Hey thanks not sure I have much wisdom to impart. I can just see GG doing what I did a few months ago - thinking eating porridge, salad and cereal bars was the "healthy" way to loose weight and I never lost an ounce in a month.
Oh - I see you JUDDD - another plan that really interests me - how do you find it?

Not obssessing about my meal plans all the time now - a basic template of veg, meat and some fat takes loads of stress off & I'm saving a fortune as I'm not doing a big shop, filling the cupboards with crackers, muesli bars, yogurts, fromage frais, quark etc only to chuck a lot of it on bin day 10 days or so later (local shops not great for fat free/low fat).
Walked dog this morning and 10 mins cross trainer and 10 mins air walker in the park. Home to realise I have run out of porridge - a dig in the cupboards found a pack of microwave porridge, which is what I used to have. Made it up with water, a tbsp of raisins, 8 almonds and a tsp of mixed spice (cinnamon for insulin regulation) and it was pretty gross. I've become too accustomed to the good organic stuff - it's sooooo much nicer.
Rest of Day food plan - butternut squash and sweet potato soup for lunch
Dinner - small steak, onions, green beans and parsnip chips.

Last edited:
Since we moved here we have stopped doing a big shop, when I am work I pick up what we want on a daily basis as before we would chuck so much away it was criminal... We don't live far from town and one of our nearest shops is lidl so there is no excuse not to buy fresh each day... Even now with me being off on long term sick we get up decide what to have and stick to it... Obviously we have store cupboard essentials, spices, tinned toms etc, and since your cauliflower curry recipe we always keep a bag of frozen in for sauce bases... So you're plan sounds good to me...xx

Hey hun - I'd sit with the SW books and mags, plan elaborate meals that cost a small fortune to buy all the stuff for and still have to adapt it for the kids. Or buy the stuff and then end up just wanting a salad or something else that invariably meant more shopping. My mum came to stay and wanted to do SW aromatic pork - to buy all the ingredients for it cost me over €25 as did not have the spices or garlic paste & she wanted the "best" basmati rice. When it was done it was nice but nothing to get your knickers in knot over (not that I dared tell her that :rolleyes:). I'd spend that on 3 days of meals normally...
I have a cupboard full of spices & an obscene amount of packet stuff that I must get rid off - loathe to just chuck it. I think that was half my problem I'd eat something whether I wanted it or not, rather than see it wasted.

largerthanmost said:
Hey thanks not sure I have much wisdom to impart. I can just see GG doing what I did a few months ago - thinking eating porridge, salad and cereal bars was the "healthy" way to loose weight and I never lost an ounce in a month.
Oh - I see you JUDDD - another plan that really interests me - how do you find it?

I'm liking it at the mo to get through the Christmas season and tbh i'm losing as much as I did on s&s :) but I don't think its the best for quick weight loss and plan to do another s&s stint in the new year. Kind of planning to alternate them until I get to goal and then a less harsh juddd for maintenance, 5:2 I think. This is until I figure out eating healthily every day instead of the binge/starve cycle which obv isn't healthy!

Hey hun - I'd sit with the SW books and mags, plan elaborate meals that cost a small fortune to buy all the stuff for and still have to adapt it for the kids. Or buy the stuff and then end up just wanting a salad or something else that invariably meant more shopping. My mum came to stay and wanted to do SW aromatic pork - to buy all the ingredients for it cost me over EUR25 as did not have the spices or garlic paste & she wanted the "best" basmati rice. When it was done it was nice but nothing to get your knickers in knot over (not that I dared tell her that :rolleyes:). I'd spend that on 3 days of meals normally...
I have a cupboard full of spices & an obscene amount of packet stuff that I must get rid off - loathe to just chuck it. I think that was half my problem I'd eat something whether I wanted it or not, rather than see it wasted.

I think we were bought up not to waste food, clear your plate etc... Kev is brill doesnt pile my plate and freezes leftovers... If I say I have had enough, he doesn't tut or moan just saves what he can...xx

Up early and hungry - had 2 low fat/gluten free sausages and 2 rashers - I had planned to have pineapple and melon but the meat was enough for me. I was meeting a friend for lunch at a hotel, so I went early did the Tesco shop and then went and blagged a free swim by pretending to be interested in signing up for the leisure centre :D - did 30 mins of lengths.
Lunch, instead of just blowing out for the sake of it, I just had a bowl of vegetable soup (blended leftovers - tasted very strongly of salt and broccoli)and tea afterwards. Lovely catch up with friend and promised to do it again sooner rather than later.
I cooked a chicken for the kids for dinner and I've scoffed a chicken wing but it was rather small - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....
Dinner is spiced beef with vegetables and fresh pineappe and strawberries.

Up early and hungry - had 2 low fat/gluten free sausages and 2 rashers - I had planned to have pineapple and melon but the meat was enough for me. I was meeting a friend for lunch at a hotel, so I went early did the Tesco shop and then went and blagged a free swim by pretending to be interested in signing up for the leisure centre :D - did 30 mins of lengths.
Lunch, instead of just blowing out for the sake of it, I just had a bowl of vegetable soup (blended leftovers - tasted very strongly of salt and broccoli)and tea afterwards. Lovely catch up with friend and promised to do it again sooner rather than later.
I cooked a chicken for the kids for dinner and I've scoffed a chicken wing but it was rather small - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....
Dinner is spiced beef with vegetables and fresh pineappe and strawberries.

Sounds a good day to me... Better than mine as I had a mince pie, topped with macarron no less... Love the blagged swim...xx

Sounds a good day to me... Better than mine as I had a mince pie, topped with macarron no less... Love the blagged swim...xx

I loved my swim too - only prob is got home to realise I left my cossie dripping on the shower rail. Ah well, good excuse for a new one as it was rather big and saggy.
Ate too much beef and pineapple. Full. I went to blag (must be my blagging day!) some Xmas pud off my ex's mother - she makes gorge sweet stuff. Anyhow, she hasn't made any this year :cry:Meant I stayed syn free though .... so going to have a glass of sherry ....

I loved my swim too - only prob is got home to realise I left my cossie dripping on the shower rail. Ah well, good excuse for a new one as it was rather big and saggy.
Ate too much beef and pineapple. Full. I went to blag (must be my blagging day!) some Xmas pud off my ex's mother - she makes gorge sweet stuff. Anyhow, she hasn't made any this year :cry:Meant I stayed syn free though .... so going to have a glass of sherry ....

That was destined... you were meant to stay on track...xx

That was destined... you were meant to stay on track...xx

Nah - I was destined to spend my syns on good sherry (bloody hell - I sound like Emily Bishop on a diet .... really, good sherry is nice- it gets a bad rap .... it's my xmas thing)

Nah... Emily Bishop only ever had that thick brown syrup style sherry which is why it gets a bad rep... I prefer port myself with a good cheese of course... xx

Ah - my problem with port is I much prefer it with a slug of brandy on top and that my dear is quite dangerous territory ;)
Anyhow - one too many sherries ... and had beans on toast for breakfast. Feel awful - broken my diet and broken myself (guts are killing me) one day I will learn self abuse gets me nowhere.... although I enjoyed it at the time ....
Right have to go chase Littlewoods - placed my order Dec 7th - been chasing it up for last 3 days - and got one parcel yesterday .... the other 6 things still out at the mercy of the Irish courier system ...

Ah - my problem with port is I much prefer it with a slug of brandy on top and that my dear is quite dangerous territory ;)
Anyhow - one too many sherries ... and had beans on toast for breakfast. Feel awful - broken my diet and broken myself (guts are killing me) one day I will learn self abuse gets me nowhere.... although I enjoyed it at the time ....
Right have to go chase Littlewoods - placed my order Dec 7th - been chasing it up for last 3 days - and got one parcel yesterday .... the other 6 things still out at the mercy of the Irish courier system ...

Oh God... I hope they come in time...xx

Back