Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

I been given some 'real' tea too... Sending Kev out to buy a strainer tomorrow, I have a cute two cup teapot in a dark gothy purple... I love it... I have had to stop having coffee, its one of my diverticulitis triggers, so am becoming a tea snob... Had a lovely rhubarb and cream one today...
Do you think its the implant that has caused the bloat? You could try cider apple vinegar I am having some in hot water every day and that's not only flushing me out but helping my bloat... Worth a try...xx
Thanks - I have some in the cupboard - I used to drink it neat but then somebody told me I'd do myself more harm than damage, so I gave it up. But I didn't mind it - does it not smell like chips when it's hot?!?
I like builders tea. I tried the yogi ginger tea but it just hasn't got the punch of the Birt and Tang one and can't find it anywhere, had a lovely cinnamon one too. Choco chilli wasn't my cup of tea ...
I am still searching the elusive large tea pot that doesn't dribble after the first cup.
I am eagerly awaiting the first rhubarb of the year, been hankering after it for ages and frozen/tinned just wont cut it.

Thanks - I have some in the cupboard - I used to drink it neat but then somebody told me I'd do myself more harm than damage, so I gave it up. But I didn't mind it - does it not smell like chips when it's hot?!?
I like builders tea. I tried the yogi ginger tea but it just hasn't got the punch of the Birt and Tang one and can't find it anywhere, had a lovely cinnamon one too. Choco chilli wasn't my cup of tea ...
I am still searching the elusive large tea pot that doesn't dribble after the first cup.
I am eagerly awaiting the first rhubarb of the year, been hankering after it for ages and frozen/tinned just wont cut it.

It does a bit, but when you drink it, you don't notice it... My cute little gothy pot was a 50p charity shop bargain... If you like rhubarb try that tea, it was from Whittards I think...xx

Nom, nom - evening munchy attack - cobbled together a pancake with 1 tbsp oats, an egg, a bit of coconut milk and had a tsp sugar it. Having a cup of tea and off to bed before I eat anything else. But think I put in an ok day all in all.

I've just tried the new Special K cracker crisps.... Really nice and just 5 syns for 21 crisps ! On offer in asda 99p. Nice little snack xx

Jelly Legs. I've been kettlebelled ... and the sadistic mare made me use an 8kg bell for my first attempt. But she has made me the ultimate promise of skinny knees and inner thighs!
Official weigh in at 11 stone 12.5 lb.
Breakfast - tea and a banana Brunch - bacon pieces, butternut squash, spinach and tomato. Spoon coconut oil 3 syns. Tea with HEA. Dinner - Roast Beef, green beans, sprouts, sweet potato.
It's after dinner and before bed that I find myself wanting something sweet so I am going try some no grain/no sugar carrot muffins with a coconut topping tomorrow - not exactly low cal but as I'm not eating many syns or between meal snacks I hope it will be ok. As long as I stop at one ......

It does a bit, but when you drink it, you don't notice it... My cute little gothy pot was a 50p charity shop bargain... If you like rhubarb try that tea, it was from Whittards I think...xx
Thanks will look it up. I'm obssessed with charity shops at the moment. Most of my wardrobe consists of charity buys - packed up and shipped off the last of my big clothes this week, so my wardrobe and drawers are quite empty. I'd have loved to have time to root through the charity shops in Brighton when I was there but had no time :( but it's part of my summer plan - kids on the beach with their uncle and me let loose for a good rummage - at target weight! I also want to learn to do some basic alterations as well so can make things fit better.

Take it easy after that workout, you don't want to be doing yourself any harm...
Wi wasn't that bad, you will soon have that licked...
I am having a green day today as I am still blooming hungry... Like the sound of those muffins... Kev is making a bran cake so that I get plenty of fibre and it fills me up... Have a great day...xx

Stiff and sore today - nothing injured just way underused muscles protesting after kettlebells. I did 50 sit ups and some leg raises as well last night - thought it might give my muscles a stretch but still seized up today :rolleyes: So spent 45 mins swimming lengths, it's only a hotel pool and it just isn't long enough to get going but figure it's better to do that 3 times a week than drag myself 20 miles to the main pool once a week.
Kettlebells again in morning but not sure if I should wait or just use a lighter weight and work through the stiffness. Or do I stick with an hour of cardio on the bike and treadmill ...
Oh and have to add a curly wurly onto yesterday's food as I got bored and that led to scouring cupboards for something sweet .... oops. Instead of the muffins I was going to do, plan on some date, walnut and ground almond bars with maple syrup - they'll keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks and are like the naked food bars but way cheaper. High syns at 61/2 per square but they are gorgeous & much healthier calories than something processed (oh I know calories are calories but I can't give up everything!)
So far - food looks like -
Breakfast - tea with fat free milk HEA
Lunch - bacon, leek and celery soup
Dinner - Beef and Veg Stew
Snack - tea and date square, 3 strawberries and a banana.

Drinks - water and tea.

Stiff and sore today - nothing injured just way underused muscles protesting after kettlebells. I did 50 sit ups and some leg raises as well last night - thought it might give my muscles a stretch but still seized up today :rolleyes: So spent 45 mins swimming lengths, it's only a hotel pool and it just isn't long enough to get going but figure it's better to do that 3 times a week than drag myself 20 miles to the main pool once a week.
Kettlebells again in morning but not sure if I should wait or just use a lighter weight and work through the stiffness. Or do I stick with an hour of cardio on the bike and treadmill ...
Oh and have to add a curly wurly onto yesterday's food as I got bored and that led to scouring cupboards for something sweet .... oops. Instead of the muffins I was going to do, plan on some date, walnut and ground almond bars with maple syrup - they'll keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks and are like the naked food bars but way cheaper. High syns at 61/2 per square but they are gorgeous & much healthier calories than something processed (oh I know calories are calories but I can't give up everything!)
So far - food looks like -
Breakfast - tea with fat free milk HEA
Lunch - bacon, leek and celery soup
Dinner - Beef and Veg Stew
Snack - tea and date square, 3 strawberries and a banana.

Drinks - water and tea.

Try putting lemongrass and black pepper oils in you're bath Mrs, Lemongrass opens the pores and allows the black pepper to relax the muscles... PM me you're address and I will make you a Bathbomb with those in to help... Xx

thanks - will do.

Posting this here to remind myself to try it on Sunday when have afternoon to myself and only me to cook for.
[h=2]9. Chocolate, Meet Meat[/h] Buy the darkest, most bitter, pure chocolate you can find. Even mass chocolate manufacturers like Hershey’s are pushing darker and darker chocolates. You can find upwards of 70% these days without breaking a sweat. Melt a bar in a saucepan with a big dash of cayenne pepper, a generous pinch of oregano or marjoram, a touch of olive oil, and a decent sprinkle of sea salt. You now have a very interesting and incredible reduction to drizzle over your pork chops. Just trust me.

Sounds wonderful.

Went to the torture chamber again. Stuck with my 8kg bell and while the swings were easier it was bloody tough. My hamstrings are super tight and sore - went for a swim afterwards and even tried a quick jog around the block to loosen me out this evening - guess I just have to work through it.
Breakfast - a banana & water . Lunch - Slice Turkey and Ham, cabbage and side salad. Dinner - Sweet Potato, squash, coconut and chilli soup.
Having a couple of vodka and slimlines and an early night so I can get a trip to the pool in before the kids come in the morning.

Went to the torture chamber again. Stuck with my 8kg bell and while the swings were easier it was bloody tough. My hamstrings are super tight and sore - went for a swim afterwards and even tried a quick jog around the block to loosen me out this evening - guess I just have to work through it.
Breakfast - a banana & water . Lunch - Slice Turkey and Ham, cabbage and side salad. Dinner - Sweet Potato, squash, coconut and chilli soup.
Having a couple of vodka and slimlines and an early night so I can get a trip to the pool in before the kids come in the morning.

You're a glutton for punishment, but well done on keep going... Nice hot bath to loosen you up with those oils in... X

I'm too lazy to exercise! X

I pretty much am as well. That's why I like the kettlebells - it's 20 mins of torture and then it's over. Just got a circuit workout as well - at the moment I can't even manage all the reps but hope to get it down to 30 mins of no pain, no gain. The dog always needs walking so that has to be done. Swimming is time inside my own head and I'm not a fast swimmer so can't really count as exercise. Could not do the hours on the treadmill, bike etc - bores me stupid.
I have to exercise now, as the weight loss has increased I am left with really loose arms and belly - need some muscle tone to balance it out. If there was an easier way - trust me I'd be doing it!
How are you getting on?

You're a glutton for punishment, but well done on keep going... Nice hot bath to loosen you up with those oils in... X

Oh I know I'm a glutton anyway - hence the need for the exercise. Got a circuit plan today and boy am I rubbish. Much grunting and sweating and that was just filling the forms in ... and discovered my balance is shocking - trying to do leg raises and kept falling over. Tried local health food shop and Holland and Barrett online for those oils and no luck - will E-Bay later.
Hope the weather isn't too shocking - ordered heating oil and a gas bottle just in case it gets bad - price was shocking. Cold but no snow so far. Keep safe. x

Oh I know I'm a glutton anyway - hence the need for the exercise. Got a circuit plan today and boy am I rubbish. Much grunting and sweating and that was just filling the forms in ... and discovered my balance is shocking - trying to do leg raises and kept falling over. Tried local health food shop and Holland and Barrett online for those oils and no luck - will E-Bay later.
Hope the weather isn't too shocking - ordered heating oil and a gas bottle just in case it gets bad - price was shocking. Cold but no snow so far. Keep safe. x

Try a company I use for my oils Bathbomb.biz they do essential oils and deliver to your door... At the moment I am limited to the exercise I can/ can't do, and even normally I can only do certain things (I was in a wheelchair until I was 14 ) so I just walk, swim and do crunches...xx

I pretty much am as well. That's why I like the kettlebells - it's 20 mins of torture and then it's over. Just got a circuit workout as well - at the moment I can't even manage all the reps but hope to get it down to 30 mins of no pain, no gain. The dog always needs walking so that has to be done. Swimming is time inside my own head and I'm not a fast swimmer so can't really count as exercise. Could not do the hours on the treadmill, bike etc - bores me stupid.
I have to exercise now, as the weight loss has increased I am left with really loose arms and belly - need some muscle tone to balance it out. If there was an easier way - trust me I'd be doing it!
How are you getting on?

Well you're doing brilliantly then! I can't swim so wish I could. And yeah treadmill etc so dull. I'm just following the diet to the letter. Obsessing over new recipes etc... Keeping it fresh otherwise I will get bored and stray!! Hahah. X

Well you're doing brilliantly then! I can't swim so wish I could. And yeah treadmill etc so dull. I'm just following the diet to the letter. Obsessing over new recipes etc... Keeping it fresh otherwise I will get bored and stray!! Hahah. X

The thing with SW is that you can try loads of stuff and never get bored - just mix it up every now and again, easy to get into a food rut. I'm doing primal but it still pretty much fits SW basics (red days) just now my HEB's are oils and nuts and HEA some sort of milk or milk substitute. Plenty of recipe ideas everywhere so no need to ever get bored.

Might as well lash up my food for today while I am here -
Brunch - mixed salad with peppers, baby pickles, tomato, raw cauliflower, sliced turkey breast topped with a fried rasher and sliced mushrooms in a tsp of butter.
I emptied the pickle jar, so I have filled it up with bits of cauliflower - cheaper than buying mixed pickle as not keen on the gherkins but love the cauli. Think I'll do the same with red cabbage once the big pickle jar is empty ... hmmmm , what else can be pickled (other than me?) ...
Black Tea.
Dinner - Roast Chicken, half a sweet potato, half the skin off dd's jacket potato, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Snack - Black tea and half of a lidl peanut/choc bar. oops. Few grapes, 2 walnuts and a partridge in a pear tree .... ok. no partridge - yet.

Back