Tania's Weight Loss Diary

Completely unproductive weekend. Kind of a good thing I think, as it just gets busy from here until Christmas.

Wasn't good food-wise, but I did do 45 minutes (more or less) of the Expert level Zumba both Saturday and Sunday. I hated it when I first tried it, but the guy is growing on me. I want to buy the new DVD's (only 3 payments of $29.95!) but DH gives me "the look" every time I mention it. Probably because.....

We're :thisclose: to booking a Disney Cruise for late September 2012. Should just book it and get it over with, if we change our minds I can move the reservation to a different date (would love to do the Med if they go back).

Food for Monday (Green...what?! what is this green day?)

Breakfast:
Coffee and Milk (HexA)
Yogurt and Honey (1 syn)
Plum
Kashi Go-Lean cereal (HexB)

Lunch
Left over risotto
Pile of green beans

(I have little faith this is enough to keep me going all afternoon...but I don't usually have carbs at lunch so you never know)

Dinner (?)
Turns out I have to go to an out of town grocery store to get a mix up on my receipt from the weekend straightened out. Depending on how that works out dinner could be healthy or it could be TV dinners.

I might have to pull together a halloween costume...raiding my wardrobe to see if there's anything that will look half decent :)

Tuesday's food:

Breakfast:
Omlette with cheese and little bits of spring onions and ham (hexA)
Sausage
Coffee and milk (hexA)

Lunch:
4 Ryvita (hexB) with 2 laughing cow cheese (oops another part of a HexA).
Tuna
Cucumbers

Snack
Yogurt with honey (1 syn)

Dinner
Bacon wrapped chicken, mixed veggies and a salad
small glass of wine (4.5 syns)
raspberries

So I'm at 5.5 syns, an extra hexa and probably another small glass of wine (which I just poured...a yummy red)

Hi Tania have you ever tried a red day? - it gives you 2 hex A's and 2 Hex B's, but it does restrict you more for your carbs, but you have unlimited lean meat - this would make yesterday a little lower on syns - 10 syns instead of 16 (each Hex over is about 6 syns and assuming your 2nd wine was also 4.5 syns). The only thing to watch is that not all veggies are free on a red day, but as you would still have a hex b spare, you are allowed 142g of garden peas as a hex b (assuming these are in your mixed veg).

The other thing i noticed was there was no syns for your sausage - not sure if you knew that most sausages contain syns due to the fat content, but there are some that are free.

Sorry if i telling you things you already knew but I hope it helps

xxx

Thanks for the feedback Val :)

Yeah, I mostly do red days actually. I find it easier to have veggies and meat than to have carbs and veggies. Although if I don't plan properly it tends to all go to pot by the evening.

I'm positive the sausage had syns...the take-away place is good for having healthy stuff (gluten and dairy free too!), but it also tasted too good to be low fat :)

"Anonymous". The Shakespeare didn't really write Shakespeare one. It was...interesting. Really good visually, but one of those movies that requires a healthy suspension of disbelief :) Plus, there were a lot of characters and time changes and I got confused for a while.

But otherwise a nice night out. Funny thing was, because it was a preview they scanned everyone for cell phones and video devices and took them away until after the movie. Crazy.

I had popcorn and chicken fingers for dinner. Must remember to drink lots of peppermint tea and water to get rid of the sodium...WI tomorrow.

Did a little experiment last night and weighed myself before bed to see just what the difference was when I did my WI this morning.

Evening weight - 145.8
Morning weight - 144.4

Kind of thought the evening would be more, tbh. Sure feels (and looks like it! )

So that was the long way of saying: Down a pound. 4.5 to go! except I think that I'm going to change it and try for 135lbs, since I don't think the fat on my tummy and hips is a mere 5 pounds :)

Food for Thursday (as I remember it...)
Bacon and egg sandwich on actual wholemeal bread
Steamed veggies and a piece of turkey (gross...picked it up from a place by work and it tasted like watered down Chinese food)
Talapia, green beans, zucchini and bell peppers for dinner.
So much coffee...
Nutella on a ryvita as a bedtime snack.

The weekend (and Monday) was really busy and I wound up eating a lot of the wrong things (candy) and not eating any of the right things (veggies and water). There was also quite a bit of wine.

So now, and I'm sure it's a punishment, I'm craving bad carby stuff, like crisps or even saltine crackers.

We'll see how much damage 3 good days can undo ;)

On a positive note:

I went to a Halloween party where I didn't know anyone, and I didn't freak out or try to convince my son not to go (it was his friends family party). Didn't really enjoy it, but I went and talked to people (eventually, I played with the kids for a while), which is more than I'm usually comfortable with when DH isn't there to be the extroverted one.

Back on track today! Quick peek at the scales this morning shows 1 pound up...which is pretty well deserved (there was A LOT of chocolate this weekend). Be good today and tomorrow and see what happens Friday.

Food for Wednesday:

Breakfast - banana, cereal (HexB) and yogurt. Plus coffee with milk (HexA). No honey in the yogurt...I can't really notice the difference so why bother adding syns?

Lunch - Left over pork chop and sauteed peppers from last night. And some grapes.

Software Release Party - Could be trouble. Hopefully the snacks are good, otherwise I'll pass (that's the easy part). Drinks...well let's say 9 syns for the glass of wine I'm going to have :)

Dinner- I don't know. I didn't take anything out. Maybe I'll throw together a quick spag bol and have a HexB amount of pasta.

Turns out it was 2 up :( oh well, I just have to pull up my socks and be good this week to lose that plus more.

I do need to make sure I exercise throughout the week. that seems to help me quite a bit. That and not eating everything in sight.

Did an hour of Zumba yesterday...back on track :)

Food for Monday (Red)

Breakfast: Yogurt, plum, cereal (HexB) Coffee

Lunch: Salad with Tuna (4 syns - mayo and salad dressing)

Snack: Kiwi

Dinner: Salad (2 syns dressing), shepards pie (HexB potatoes, 4 syns butter, HexA milk)

Snack: mini Aero (2 syns), handful of grapes.

Total: 12 syns (+1 syn for the 4 smarties Jet just gave me)

Last edited:
hi i am ger and am new to this site. i am in dublin, ireland and have lost 16lbs so far after about 14 weeks. how can i make this a bigger weight loss.

Hi and Welcome! You can always start a food diary so others can take a look and give feedback. Or it might just be that's the rate you lose at, there a slow loss team (in the teams section) that's excellent for motivation :)

Tired Tuesday. Going to do some exercise tonight in hopes it boosts my energy a bit :)

Food for Tuesday (so far RED)

Breakfast - same as yesterday

Lunch - Grilled chicken in a wholemeal pita. I ate less than half and then pulled all the chicken out and ate it in a salad. HexB for the pita and 2 syns for the salad dressing.

Walk at lunch - 15 minutes, then I remembered that I didn't pay for parking in the morning and got so distracted i had to come back and fix it.

Snack - some grapes. Snack size Coffee Crisp (3 syns)

Dinner - baked pork chops and some veggies...don't know what kind though. Watermelon and/or pineapple for dessert.

Yay! for Wednesday :) Either the week is half over or only one day left, depending on if I decide to take Friday off and have a long weekend like everyone else.

Still doing well with my pledge to be 100% this week, also good. Don't know if exercise will happen today, but we'll see.

Food for Wednesday:

Breakfast - yogurt, cereal (HexB), banana and coffee
Lunch - Leftover dinner from yesterday (pork and veggies). Pineapple and watermelon.
Snack - mini Coffee Crisp (3 syns). That bag of Halloween candy will be around forever!
Dinner - tacos. I can use a HexB for the shells, and HexA for the cheese. Glass of wine (9 syns)

Last edited:
WI day today...down 3.5 lbs! Totally makes up for the gain last week. Have re-learned my lesson; work the plan because the plan works.

Didn't stop me from having a bad breakfast, due to poor planning. And not sure what's up with lunch, because of the same. But I think dinner's all good.

Back