Tania's Weight Loss Diary

Woke up with a sore throat and kind of achey this morning. I'm half hoping it's from drinking a bit too much last night and not because I'm getting a cold. But everyone else in the house (and office) has one, so I'm probably doomed too. Hopefully I can burn through it quickly.

Food for Monday (EE I think)

Breakfast - cereal (HexB), yogurt, banana, coffee (part HexA)

Snack - 2 oranges, 2 cups herbal tea

Lunch - slice of ham + laughing cow cheese while I waited for my chicken noodle soup to heat up. I keep forgetting I don't like this brand of soup, so only ate a bit of it, but had some saltines too (3 syns)

Snack - some more fruit and the last bit of the yogurt in the container.

Dinner - Left-overs from last night (steak and potatoes)...or I might fry up a ham steak with some spuds. And green beans & salad.

No such luck, I'm afraid :( Either a cold or the flu, but I feel like crap. Worst of it is water and healthy foods are totally not what I want to eat right now.

However...I had a NSV today so I'm kind of happy about that.
I thought I should wear some smart trousers for work since I was attending a user group meeting, but when I put them on they were so baggy I looked frumpy. I could have wiggled a bit and they would have fallen down :) Will have to find some new dress up clothes I think.

Food for Tuesday - (not very good)

Breakfast - fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee

Meeting - Muffin, more coffee, cheese croissant.

Lunch - left over green beans and steak. A couple of oranges

Dinner - Chicken and more green beans. And salad.

:sick: Such a pathetic smilie, but that's me right now. And it's snowing, so my day is doubly rotten. (I'm feeling sorry for myself, it will pass quickly I'm sure). Have taken more medicine but I still want to comfort eat. Will drink more herbal tea instead :yuk:

Food for Wednesday (Red...maybe EE)

Breakfast - egg and bacon on toast (syns for the bread) and coffee

Snack - orange and 2 cups of tea

Lunch - leftover chicken and beans. Strawberries and more tea.

Snack - another orange.

Dinner - Possibly baked pasta, I'm not sure.

To catch up...felt bad Thursday and Friday. WI was +1.5 booo. Saturday was manic; I played chauffeur to a 7-year old who has a more active social life than me. Sunday relaxed.

Feeling so much better today. Lots of energy, positive outlook, clear head etc. etc. Went for a walk at lunch, it was nice to get back outside doing something. Will try and do some Zumba after work today too.

Food for Monday (Red)

Breakfast - yogurt, banana, cereal (1/2 HexB). Coffee.

Lunch - leftover steak and a huge salad.

Oopsie treat - big gingerbread cookie that made me feel a bit yucky. I went to get the first of 3 travel shots, and one thing led to another and the cookie was gone. Learned my lesson tho, 'cause I feel :yuk::

Dinner: Fajitas - steak, peppers and onions. HexB for the wraps and HexA for cheese. Salad too. No wine because of the cookie debacle.

11 more sleeps until Vacation!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Breakfast - yogurt, fruit, cereal (HexB), bit of honey (1 syn). Coffee.

Walk at lunch

Lunch - left over fajita filling and a big salad.

Snack - apple pear

Dinner - chicken and carrots in a sauce. small glass of wine (4 syns). Going to say at least 5 syns for whatever they put in the chicken sauce. Probably more, but I have some cushion today :)

Snowy Wednesday and I'm too lazy to go to the computer, so I apologize for any weird auto correct my phone does :)

Wine club Wednesday! got home and there was a case of wine waiting. Some great bottles in there. I'm letting it sit right where it is because I'm having a clumsy day...knowing my luck I'll drop the whole box!

Breakfast - eggs, cheese, bacon

Lunch - tuna salad and veggies

Snack - banana

Dinner - baked spag bol. Hex a and b plus 4 syns for some sausage in the sauce. And a big glass of wine (9 syns)

Yay! Thursday. One more day till the weekend and one more day till weigh in :)

Food for Thursday (Red)

Breakfast - cereal (hexb), fruit, yogurt. Coffee.

Lunch - chicken and salad.

Snack - Kiwi and Orange

Dinner - leftover pasta sauce on a pita with cheese. (HexA, HexB) Big Glass 'o Wine (9 syns).

WI day! Down 3.5 pounds :) and got my 1 stone shiny. Very happy about that. Realized too that my goal weight isn't quite 10%...bah, I'll deal with that after vacation.

Need to get finished the Christmas shopping and clean the house, was going to do it today but realized that it'll get messy before Friday so I'm going to take Wednesday off to finish up anything that needs to get done and clean up.

Food for Friday.

Had some eggs with breakfast and a snack of strawberries and kiwi. The rest of it had no nutritional value and isn't really worth repeating.

Am up and awake, plan on getting to the shopping mall when they open and finish off as much as I can for Christmas, looked online and they don't open until 9:30 :rolleyes: so have to cool my heels for a couple hours.

Have to take the boy with me shopping too, he hasn't told me what he wants from Santa yet (he either doesn't know or is keeping it a secret, either way...not good for me), so I'm hoping this trip will force him to pick something :)

Should also be a week of interesting food choices since we need to use up the fridge contents before we go.

So bored at work, may have to go for a walk. Weekend was good and mostly restful...tried to be good on the meals, succeeded about half the time :) Did manage to do 45 minutes of Zumba yesterday, which is 45 minutes more than the entire week last week.

Food for Monday (Red)
Breakfast - yogurt, cereal (HexB), banana. Coffee

Lunch - chicken and tuna salad mini pita, with loads of raw veggies. 2 syns for the pita and syns for the mayo...but not sure how many. And a chunk of cheese (HexA)

Dinner - pork tenderloin and green beans. Maybe some potatoes for my other HexB

Will try and do some more Zumba when I get home from work too.

Hi Tania - Well done on the 3.5 off this week, can I ask what is an NSV - am guessing its next size something??? Well done for that too.

R u off anywhere nice on your vacation or is are you visiting family for the festive season??

Take care

val xxx

Hey there!

NSV - Non scale victory :) So fitting into a special outfit, or someone makes a comment that makes you feel fab...

We're off to Florida for a week and then to Mexico for a week, my family will join us there...I think...mom was trying to book their flights the last time I checked. It should be fun if we don't get on each others nerves. Then we'll do "Christmas" at home on New Years day.

Sooo excited...just need the next 8 hours at work to go by quickly.

1 pound off and made my first target! Just in time too.

Been finding the season harder than I thought it would be. Not just the food temptations, but the cold and lack of sun is draining. Vacation is at the right time...gonna fill up on Vit D and all will be right again.

I haven't been doing real well food wise, but I have been watching what I eat and not eating just for the sake of filling my face. That's kind of the plan for the next two weeks.

Hey there Val! Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year :)

Holidays were excellent...great weather (above average temperatures followed us around wherever we went), got to eat a lot, drink a lot, relaxed by the pool a lot. We did, however, travel all the way to Florida and didn't go to Disney World, just seemed too expensive to go for a day when we had already been to California earlier in the year and spent a week at Disneyland.

It wasn't as easy as I expected to eat well though, grocery prices were equal to that at home and the fresh produce selection sucked. I did bring back a whole bunch of spice packs that we don't get at home. And I resisted the chocolate chip cookie dough pop tarts too (am v. proud of myself there)

Flew to Cancun for a Christmas week of all-inclusive fun and sun, where my mom, dad and sister joined us. That was really nice and gave us a break from entertaining DS since he loves Grandpa more than the rest of us combined.

I overindulged at breakfast every morning (streaky bacon, cooked extra crisp and freshly made sweet breads..yummy) but was good for lunch and dinner. Also managed to not overindulge the drinks either and drank lots of water during the day.

Then back home for New Years Eve (in bed by 8:00 ), rested for a couple days and back to work yesterday.

All and all a very nice trip...until the bills for it come in :)

For the new year I've changed my goal weight to 130lb, I actually think it's a stretch but it something to try for. Hopefully the last of the worst bumpy bits will be gone by then :)

Goal date is Sept 28th 2012. While on holiday DH, my mom and my dad were all complaining that they need to lose weight. (DH totally does, but I can't tell him that, he needs to figure it out and do it on his own...and he's stubborn) So I suggested having a Biggest Loser competition with the goal date being the start of our Disney Cruise in the fall. They're all in, I'm in and I think my sister and possibly my aunt are in. Winner gets $60 from each participant.

I'm totally going to win because even though they will lose lots quickly, I'm going to keep it off for the duration :)

With that...food diary for Wednesday (EE)

Breakfast - yogurt, berries, cereal (HexB)

Lunch - left over green beans, potatoes and sausage

Snack - Cookie (a million syns) and 2 cups of tea

Dinner - Pork chops, sauteed veggies and rice.

Back