~*~ Tanya's Maint Diary 2 ~*~ Fresh!

Yes maam!!!!! *salutes*

Just had my tea of 3 crackers etc and i will probably go lie on the bed and catch up on neighbours and avoid the downstairs cupboards ..... :fingerscrossed: hehe

My daughter is sort of living between my house and my mother's at the moment as she's 'between flats'. She had left a box of celebrations here which I was finding very hard (often failing miserably) to resist. When I was going over there this morning I took them with me.

When I told her they were there and that I knew I was pathetic but I couldn't have them in the house she said .... 'no prob ..... I dont want them though so I'll just put them in the bin' ..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Which is why she's a stick insect and I'm an elephant :cry::cry: :rolleyes: ;) xxx

:eek: WHAT! She put celebrations in. the. bin. !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Although a fail safe way of not eating them i guess! :giggle:

Thankfully i had the last 6 sweets that were left in the bowl today so atleast they aint on the side anymore tempting me, calling my name! lol x

Thing is though Tan ... she'll forget about putting them in the bin - and because they just don't bother her they'll still be hanging around in the bag I took them in and I'll go looking for them and because I find them it'll be HER fault I eat them .... LOL!!!

Part of me thinks maybe I did a fair job raising her to be NOT bothered about these things though - I was very aware of not wanting my kids to have my food issues. Though perhaps I give myself too much credit ... still - even if it's just luck I'm really glad for her xx

Wish you had raised me in that case then jan :(

--------------------------

Wednesday 20th Jan

B- banana (100cals) muesli & s.smilk (230cals)

*goaheads (150cals)

L- sweet & sour quorn pieces with brown rice.
Rice (126cals)
S&S sauce (70cals)
Quorn pieces (150cals)

D- ham salad.
Ham (65cals)
Salad leaves (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Tomato (15cals)
Carrot (30cals)
LF S.cream (30cals)

*polony (120cals)
*tomato (15cals)

*500ml orange squash (12cals)
*1litre water

Total Cals = 1,350

Cinema - 1 flump (50cals)
1 curly wurly (115cals)
4 chocolate covered brazils (?cals)
2 strawberry liquorice lace things (?cals)
1/2 bag ryvita minis (52cals)

------------------------

off to the cinema today duno whether to get some sweets or not?!

Will have dinner about 8 when I get back from the cinema.

Edit = wont be having sweets at the cinema. Got home from work and got on the wii to weigh myself and ive put on 6lbs since saturday :( which now means i am 1st 1lb up since i started maintainence on nov 9th :cry:

Which works out at 1.5lbs a week .... which will have me back to where i started within a year and a half .... about the time it took me to pile 8.5stone on last time :sigh:

Hardly surprising with all i have eaten over these past few days.
(i have had my breakfast & 1litre of water this morning before i got hom from work so how much thats contributing to the weight gain i duno - probably not much)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh why cant i get this right???!!!!!!!!
What is so wrong with me???!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Oh, ***hugs*** Tanya, I know that feeling only too well. And I'm sure if you were responding to someone else's message you'd say exactly what I'm about to say – weight that goes on that quickly comes off quickly too. And perhaps you needed that 'time out' to totally refocus and regroup.

I know I'm back and firing and ready for action today after yesterday's disasterous wobble. I had a bit of a chat with myself, wrote a few bits in my diary, decided on a short term plan of attack and when I get past the weekend, I'll think again. To plan for the rest of my life is too scary and impossible, so easier just to work on today, get it out of the way and then look at tomorrow.

You've done great. And you're still doing great. The 'last stone' is always the wobbly one and, in honesty, I think if you can keep within that stone (i.e. attack it now, like you're doing), you won't creep any further.

One day at a time, girl, and let's see what tomorrow brings.....

xxxx

Aww thankyou honey - your right i should take my advice sometimes but it is alot easier to say it than do it! :sigh: lol

I'm not ready to actually attack it just yet though and thats the frustating thing! I need to learn to do this myself without going back to TFR which i am seriously thinking about but yet i know its not the answer!

I have decided that i am giving up alcohol & fizzy drinks for 10 weeks as of today!
I think this is what is setting of my binges on the weekends. Monday has and always will be my 'treat' day but saturdays and sundays i have no other excuse except im drinking and hungover!

Im hoping that will help some what :)

I think that's a great start. And I too am banning anything with a sweet taste for the time being, as I know that's what sets me off. A mouthful is never enough, so why should I torture myself!

TFR is always an option, and maybe it's reassuring to know it's there, but I reckon if you commit to an eating programme for a week, you'll see five pounds, and a lot of bloat, down. Then it's week two... You'll have the stone gone before you know it.

I'm in exactly the same boat right now btw, so we can track each other! :)

Sounds good to me honey - do you have a maint diary on here?

What do you mean, weight programme ... like ww and slimming world? If so i just couldnt do them! x

oh gosh no (re programme), I just mean your own rules. Your own plan of action...

Yes, I've a diary on the atkins forum and I write stuff into a diary when I really need a bit of affirmation and tough talk! I work well to 'rules' (that's why I find LT easier than, say, WW). The rule that's always, always worked for me though, and it's the one I finally lost all my weight with, is no sugar, wheat and flour... and alcohol, if I'm being really strict... but a glass or two of white wine has been known to pass my lips! :rolleyes:

Anyhoooo... I could write for ages on 'diets', but I think - and I know for myself - a bit of consistency and a bit of 'tough love' would get me a long way. And a bit of 'just say no!'... That's what January is for though, isn't it! :cry: :( :confused:

oh phew - i just know i wouldnt be able to handle anything like ww or slimming world.

I think my main problem, is yet again - same as before i started LT - there is too much yummy/nawty food in the cupboards! I cant tell my mum and dad not to buy it and cant tell them to hide it away - ive got to somehow find a way of avoiding it.

I used to cope - out of sight out of mind but lately its been all my mind has thought about!

Im in a sod it mood now and am now defo thinking of having some sweets later

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i could seriously rip the remainders of my hair out right now :cry:

p.s ... will have a goose at your diary when i get a chance :)

So i bloody did it didnt i :sigh: had some goodies at the cinema. Not as bad as i couldve done but still not any good for me.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Sorry for moaning so much on here lately guys :( x

That's what we're here for Tan ... what this site is all about imho. We'll support you through your struggle and celebrate with you when you come out the other side ... which you will ... you KNOW you will. It's just hard in the meantime.
I think perhaps the biggest struggle is trying to understand why we DO this to ourselves!!! But you're cetainly not alone.

*****hugs***** xxxx

Just wondering how you're doing now kiddo .... :eek:

Hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

Just wondering how you're doing now kiddo .... :eek:

Hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

Oh not good Jan :sigh: Got my totm again this morning ... twice in like 3 weeks now - i think this might be the cause of all my wanting of chocolate :(

Baking a cake today trying out a new recipe in prep for the 3!! i have to make for the 29th.

No point trying to kid myself saying i wont have a bit cuz i know i will!

Bought a sweet pot to try today so will have that for lunch.

-------------------------------

Thursday 21st Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli & s.smilk (230cals)

*1/2 pack polos (70cals)

L- Baked sweet pot (281cals)
LF Philli (84cals) Tomatoe (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Red Onion (5cals)

D- nothing .... feel so ill.

*500ml orange squash (12cals)

*Jam doughnut (guessing around 300cals)
*slice home made vic sponge ... cals = i dont even wana know!

Total Cals (not inc sponge) = 1,102

------------------------

Oh sweet lord! Why havent i discovered sweet pots before? It was divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: I absolutly loved it! Didnt add any salt, pepper, oil, nothing! Baked it gas mark 6 one hour - perfect!

I was going to have the philli mixed with r.onion on top but it was too nice to 'ruin' with the phili mix so i had that on the side.

Defo be stocking up on sweet pots!!! :drool:

Last edited:
Glad you liked them! They are moreish.........now you need to try them mashed on top of quorn mince and make a shepherds pie :)!!

Sorry to hear you are having it rough at the minute Tanya. I wonder if it is that your hormones are all over the place with TOTM, might account for you feeling the way you do.

I have had mine constantly now for weeks on end and yet I am on the coil and shouldnt have them! LT for you!!!!!!

Maybe go and see the doc and maybe he could recommend something? Might ease it a bit and your cravings too.

My friend is going to try the recipe for the cupcakes :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww Tan, you are definitely not alone, dont worry, Aunty Mary is right here with you and just wants to eat everything in sight at the moment too.

I must try the sweet potato in a week or so, I have never tried them either.

Mary they are a defo! It was absolutly divine!!!!!

I feel very very ill right now - all afternoon ive been cold, shivering, headache & felt a little sick.

Avoiding dinner as im just going to lay down.

Its good to know im not alone right now - i have to get this back on track but i cant see myself doing it over the weekend. Its just frustrating cuz i wish i could just 'grip' it and go with it.

I need to lose that stone by 5th april :fingerscrossed:

AWWWW TAN!! How're you feeling?? Sorry you were/are poorly :(

Glad you liked the sweet potato - they're lovely aren't they!

I've come out in sympathy with the eating now! Must be something in the air :eek:

Let us know how you're doing hon xxx

Back