~*~ Tanya's Maint Diary 2 ~*~ Fresh!

Day 10

cheers girls, I hope today is better too :sigh:

----------------------------------

Thursday 14th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli & s.smilk (230cals)

L- Tuna salad.
Tuna mixed with xl mayo (158cals)
Salad (15cals)
Tomato (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Carrot (30cals)
Jacob cream cracker with branston pickle (45cals)

D- grilled gammon (200cals)
Pineapple (56cals)
Veg (70cals)
Ketchup (18cals)

*500ml orange squash (12cals)
*500ml water

*special k bar (88cals)
*apple (40cals) LF Yog (98cals)
*ham (65cals)

Total Cals = 1,205

Trying my damned hardest not to have a biscuit or eat a scrummy milky way or fudge bar in the cupboard :sigh:

I settled for an apple & yog 138cals - where as a milkyway is 98cals and a fudge 110 .... still ... it was the healthier option?! I can have one on saturday - just 2 more sleeps! :)

Now im craving jacket pot, beans and cheese! And i wana munch the last of the quality streets.

What an earth is wrong with me? :(

Last edited:
For me- I find the sweeter the thing I've eaten, the more I want sweet things? It's a battle I'm fighting at the minute as my choc snacking has gotten totally out of hand- I have a treat-size bar, then 10mins later I'm craving another!! So far today I've had no choc, it's like AA- one day at a time...LOL!
My plan is to have crackerbread & sliced tomatoes (or something similar!) at hand for snack attacks, and make sure I have protein at every meal...I've been lazy & just having big bowls of soup or veg....so my blood sugar has been all over the place resulting in manic snacking!

LOL like aa ..... really if you think about it it is! Except we dont have to go cold turkey and cut it completly .... so i guess this is harder knowing that we can have a little bit but then a little might turn into alot...... damn maintainence! :giggle:

I always think ketosis is our version of 'cold turkey'... Thought I was going to go doolally last week trying to get all that Christmas sugar out of my system :eek: It was hell!!! Now that I'm "in the zone" though, I'm trying to lo-carb it and so far, going fine.

That's why I take my hat off to you guys - Tanya, Jan and the others who are maintaining while eating a non-restricted diet... and learning, once and for all, how to deal with food like a 'grown up' should!!! I'm not sure I'll ever be in that place!

Melanie x

Grovegirl ... i'm not sure i'll ever be in that place - im not even sure if there is a that place..... im sure ill find out when and if i get there! For the mean time plodding along seems to be the answer! lol

If only there was some magic cure that would make us all slim for life hey?!!!! ;)

cheers girls, I hope today is better too :sigh:

Thursday 14th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli & s.smilk (230cals)

L- Tuna salad.
Tuna mixed with xl mayo (158cals)
Salad (15cals)
Tomato (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Carrot (30cals)
Jacob cream cracker with branston pickle (45cals)

D- grilled gammon (200cals)
Pineapple (56cals)
Veg (70cals)
Ketchup (18cals)

*500ml water

*special k bar (88cals)
*apple (40cals) LF Yog (98cals)
*ham (65cals)

Total Cals = 1,205

Trying my damned hardest not to have a biscuit or eat a scrummy milky way or fudge bar in the cupboard :sigh:

I settled for an apple & yog 138cals - where as a milkyway is 98cals and a fudge 110 .... still ... it was the healthier option?! I can have one on saturday - just 2 more sleeps! :)

Now im craving jacket pot, beans and cheese! And i wana munch the last of the quality streets.

What an earth is wrong with me? :(

Tanya, I would want to pick with this menu, I would never be full with your dinner of gammon, pineapple and veg. I would have had a jacket potato with it.

Its not always easy on this maintenance malarky huh chick!

Nope defo not!
But i cant eat pots and bread tue-fri - its my rules! lol Maybe i think i need to start having a jacket pot or rice or something similar as i cant stop thinking about food, wanting food - constantly! All the time today!

Still, atleast i havnt picked nawty stuff! :giggle:

You are doing well Tanya,,I know you think you are battling, but you are learning and are willing to listen to suggestions!

That says a lot and it will go a long way.

When you think about it, you have actually maintained for some time now..I know you have put a little bit on, but think on how some put on all the weight straight away...you have been maintaining for months now!!! I think you are doing great.....

I would agree with Mary though re: a bit more carbs..the dreaded carbs - eh!!!! I KNOW too that they fill you up and in some ways they are good comfort food...better to have them, than all the snacky things like yoghurt, fruit etc, really..as they will fill you up for longer.

Why dont you have baked sweet potato.....lower GI than baked potato and much better for you and it will fill you up :)

Take care,,,you are a real inspiration..........so, I am losing weight quicker second time around like you :) So, now I want to be maintaining just like you too :)!!!!!

You made the rules, you can change them ;-)

:giggle: Hmmmmm we shall see - i dont like to bend/break the rules, im a good girl ya see ;) haha

You are doing well Tanya,,I know you think you are battling, but you are learning and are willing to listen to suggestions!

That says a lot and it will go a long way.

When you think about it, you have actually maintained for some time now..I know you have put a little bit on, but think on how some put on all the weight straight away...you have been maintaining for months now!!! I think you are doing great.....

I would agree with Mary though re: a bit more carbs..the dreaded carbs - eh!!!! I KNOW too that they fill you up and in some ways they are good comfort food...better to have them, than all the snacky things like yoghurt, fruit etc, really..as they will fill you up for longer.

Why dont you have baked sweet potato.....lower GI than baked potato and much better for you and it will fill you up :)

Take care,,,you are a real inspiration..........so, I am losing weight quicker second time around like you :) So, now I want to be maintaining just like you too :)!!!!!

Glad to hear you are doing great and losing weight fast honey :) I loved the feeling of losing weight everyweek :)

Re the carbs - i try not to have them tue-fri as im very inactive in that i go to work 5hours in the morning sat on my bum, come home and sit on my bum some more then go to bed.

I am going to start the Gym week c/ 25th jan so maybe i will introduce the carbs on the days i go to the gym ... think i will need them to be honest!

Might have to buy a sweet pot monday at shopping as ive never tried them! How would i bake it - how long in the oven? Or can i do it in the micro like 'normal' pots? x

I slice them into wedges and bake them for around 20mins & eat them like chips! I don't really like them just baked or boiled? But as a chip substitute- yummy! LOL!

What gas mark Irish? X

Day 11

Friday 15th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli & s.s milk (230cals)
*Go Ahead Bars -ones coated in yogurt (148cals)

L- Gammon & salad.
Grilled Gammon (200cals)
Salad (15cals)
Tomatoe (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Carrot (30cals)
Dressing (30cals)

Apple (40cals)
Grapes (30cals)
LF Yog (98cals)

D- Baked chicken (220cals)
Cooked Veg (50cals)
Sweet Chilli sauce (40cals)

*500ml water

*2 quality streets (90cals)
*1 slice leadammer cheese (90cals)

Total cals = 1,443

*Guna have a few whisky & diet cokes before bed tonight :)
-----------------------

Got that darn friday feeling! Just want to munch chocolate & crisps.

Still craving that bloomin jacket pot, beans & cheese!! Might have this on sunday.

Weigh in tomorrow morning - i'll be happy with a sts this week, any loss then its a bonus :)

Tomorrow im out for the afternoon - showing my friend how to bake cupcakes (she loves the ones i make) and also some muffins - so will inevitably have 1 cupcake and 1 muffin atleast (oh and some chocolate -i already have it in the fridge ready!). She is making chicken stuffed with pineapple, wrapped in bacon and bbq sauce for lunch.

Annnnnnnnnnnndddd of course there will be alcohol involved!

Have a little vodka left over from crimbo im taking with me and also i have a bottle of malibu unopened that we will drink too - i think this is roughly the same cals as vodka so all good :)

Thinking of making yummy cocktails too - malibu, vodka, cranberry & orange juice .... :drool:

So, yup - a bad day tomorrow - as always on a saturday! :giggle:

Last edited:
I cook everything around 200c? :eek: :p
You'll know when they're done- you'll be able to skewer them (i.e. soft in the middle) yet crispy on the outside.

sounds yummy - do you put any spices on them?
Im thinking maybe some cayenne pepper or some cajun seasoning would be nice! :)

I don't usually, but paprika or black pepper are my favs for potatoes of any kind? Cayenne would be nice!

Tanya I cook them the same way as Irish mum does, and I put Paprika on them and black pepper....lovely! They dont take as long as normal spuds either.

I do make sweet potato soup which is lovely!

Also, you can use them as normal potatoes...and mash them and if you like shepherds pie but because on your days you dont have carbs, you cant have it, well this is a substitute..they are a little sweet and I do tend to get some nice crushed salt on them....once you get used to them, they are gorgeous and you do feel like you have had potatoes but you havent.

Will you post your recipe for cupcakes, and the icing (if u have it)? I would like to try them as I tried my very first cupcake before Christmas..didnt think I would like the frosting but it was so light and fluffly and really nice, but shared the cupcake with a fried so didnt have a whole one :)

You can use the sweet potatoes in exactly the same way as ordinary ones Tan - whatever you normally do, bake, micro - whatever, but bear in mind they don't take nearly so long to cook as an normal pot. They'll bake in the oven in about 40 mins for example. where you might do an ordinary one for an hour - depending on the size obviously. They're really nice. xx

Will you post your recipe for cupcakes, and the icing (if u have it)? I would like to try them as I tried my very first cupcake before Christmas..didnt think I would like the frosting but it was so light and fluffly and really nice, but shared the cupcake with a fried so didnt have a whole one :)

115g butter
115g caster sugar
2 eggs
115g self raising flour
dash vanilla

1. Cream butter & sugar together till fluffy
2. beat in the eggs one at a time untill fully incorporated.
3. sieve in the flour and fold in gently untill fully incorporated.
4. add dash of vanilla.
(can add cocoa powder, any other flavouring instead of vanilla at this point)
5. Put into muffin cases in a muffin tin (very important!)
6. bake for about 17mins gas mark 4.
7. allow to cool in the muffin tin.

For the buttercream frosting:

3oz butter
4.5oz icing sugar
dash vanilla

1. beat together untill light and fluffy
- you can add any flavouring instead of vanilla (coffee is pretty good and strawberry) and also some colouring to make it look 'pretty' hehe
-chocolate sprinkles also work well - and add a little cocoa powder for chocolate buttercream

:)

:D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Day 12

Weigh in day and i've lost 1lb. Not bad i guess :) Couldve been more seeing as ive been 'starving' myself - think i need a rethink regarding food in the week as i cant go another week feeling so hungry.

So now i am 10lbs up from when i started maintainence on the 9th of nov..... wow almost 10weeks! ... 1lb a week :eek: ayecarumba!!!

Saturday 16th Jan

B- banana (100cals) Muesli & s.s milk (230cals) Go aheads (148cals)

L- chicken stuffed with pineapple, wrapped in bacon and bbq sauce.

D- cupcakes and muffins :giggle:

*lots of vodka, malibu & mixers! :p

Last edited:
Back