Target Weights

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello!

I went to my second weigh in last night and the consultant asked me for my target weight. I haven't a clue!! I have researched my BMI etc but I'm very unsure, however they were quite pushy! I did say I would come back to them next week but how did everyone pick?! (It wasn't my regular consultant)

A bit of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ruth
X

I picked a weight which seemed achievable just now and where I thought I would be 'comfortable'. Remember you can change your target at any time, you can up it or lower it depending how you feel within yourself. Prior to having my little one I was always around 8-8.5stone. Which now just seems unrealistic so I've picked 9 stone 10 and will maybe drop it down once I reach this target. I am 5'4 so this puts me at the higher end of my 'normal BMI'. Good luck x

I picked a weight which seemed achievable just now and where I thought I would be 'comfortable'. Remember you can change your target at any time, you can up it or lower it depending how you feel within yourself. Prior to having my little one I was always around 8-8.5stone. Which now just seems unrealistic so I've picked 9 stone 10 and will maybe drop it down once I reach this target. I am 5'4 so this puts me at the higher end of my 'normal BMI'. Good luck x

Thank you so much for this!

I am 5"10 and very curvy, bit of a funny shape body wise which I don't really want to lose! Thinking maybe 12 Stone as 12.7 is the highest healthy weight for my height.

Thanks again.

Ruth
x

I think it's easy for consultants to push for targets. But it's difficult to know until you actually start losing. A weight we were previously might not suit us anymore. You'll know in yourself when your at the right weight for you :) nat x

If you really don't want to, don't feel pressured into it. I haven't set one because I have no idea either! I have 12st in my head but as Milliesmummy said, I don't think I'll really know what my target is until I get near a weight I'm happy with.

I think it's easy for consultants to push for targets. But it's difficult to know until you actually start losing. A weight we were previously might not suit us anymore. You'll know in yourself when your at the right weight for you :) nat x

Yes I can imagine that it is quite easy for them! Yes I think I will keep an interim in my head but decide on something more solid when I get a bit closer. Thanks again for your wonderful advice!

Ruth
X

If you really don't want to, don't feel pressured into it. I haven't set one because I have no idea either! I have 12st in my head but as Milliesmummy said, I don't think I'll really know what my target is until I get near a weight I'm happy with.

I have my little interim targets I just don't want to feel daunted by the prospect of having a long way to go if that makes sense? I agree with both of you, until I feel right in myself I think I am going to wait and see, I have no idea how I will feel at that particular weight!

Thank you for your advice :)

Ruth
x

I never set one,I have a rough idea of where i want to be but ill keep going until i get to the clothes size i want :)

I'm not really sure about mine. I'd say 9st 7lb because it's almost half my BMI range & when I was doing weight watchers many years ago & I was down to 9st 4lb, everyone told me to stop dieting as I looked like if I lost anymore I'd have lost too much. I didn't exercise then though. I am 5"4

Back