Targets

mrs big b

Gold Member
I set mine a while back and now I'm just 2lb away from hitting mine . It will give me a bmi of 24.5 in the ideal range . But I'm not sure weather to stop or carry on and lose another stone . I've had loads of compliments people saying I look great as I am . Hubby tells me that ideally I should get it down to 22.5 midway in the ideal which means I need to lose another stone . I'm just undecided . How did everyone set there's?

Congrats on your great losses :)
I set my first one at a stone... But from previous diets, I know I'll want to smaller than this (10.12), so I'll reset it to 10.7.
I'm in an unfortunate and slightly daft position where I don't think I'll ever be 100% satisfied! I got to 10st a couple years ago, and liked that weight, but others told me it was too small! It's a tricky one!
x

Thanks hunni think I'm the same lol

You might find when you hit target and hang around there for a while that your body shape could continue to change. How about leaving it a few months at your original target and then if you feel you need to lose more adjusting your target by small increments at a time?

i was adamant that i was going to be happy at 10 stone lost as my target....

but, as i get nearer, i look at how much i still need to lose and i'm thinking that i may just be happy losing some more, preferably 11 stone 4lb total loss (to take me to 11 stone 3lb in weight)

so i dunno- kinda in the same boat, it's hard- i just think i have a lot more to lose than the 3 stone 6lb to get to 10 stone....

You might find when you hit target and hang around there for a while that your body shape could continue to change. How about leaving it a few months at your original target and then if you feel you need to lose more adjusting your target by small increments at a time?

This is really good advice :) Thank you. I've heard maintaining is harder than losing (must be true as I've never managed it!), so I'm going to take this on board!
x

I set my target but when I got there I couldn't hold it so I have reset 1/2 stone lower and I will see if I can stop at this, It appears to be so hard to maintain as I continue to loose even when doubling my Hea & Hebs!

ninnins said:

Yes that's good advice :) I'm in no hurry I'm happy as I am relitavely and I think the gym will help with the toning the rest is out of my hands without surgery . I'm gonna stay on plan and see what happens . If I lose more then great if not I'm not gonna beat myself up :)

LittleFlutterby said:
i was adamant that i was going to be happy at 10 stone lost as my target....

but, as i get nearer, i look at how much i still need to lose and i'm thinking that i may just be happy losing some more, preferably 11 stone 4lb total loss (to take me to 11 stone 3lb in weight)

so i dunno- kinda in the same boat, it's hard- i just think i have a lot more to lose than the 3 stone 6lb to get to 10 stone....

You're looking fab hunni but I understand I'm the same . Was adamant that I'd be happy at 11'7 . I am happy but part of me wants to push myself harder . I cannot ever remember being a size 12 before or below 12st so for me it's already new territory . But the thought of being a size 10 is spuring me on . How wonderful would that be . Just hope I can stop though I'm slightly concerned that I'll continue wanting to lose but that's not healthy to be too light . Good luck whatever you decide to do :)

x_ali_x said:
I set mine to 10 stone am 5 foot 9 so is a BMI of about 21 ish will see how I go.

Good luck :)

bilsat said:
I set my target but when I got there I couldn't hold it so I have reset 1/2 stone lower and I will see if I can stop at this, It appears to be so hard to maintain as I continue to loose even when doubling my Hea & Hebs!

Good luck I'm sure it will stop at some point when you're body feels it cannot lose anymore

Originally I wanted to see 9 stone something on the scales and set my target at 9st 6lbs... When I got there I wasn't sure if I was happy?! In now 2lb under target and I'm contemplating dropping it to 8st 13lb however I really haven't made my mind up yet. I think I'm just worried I might not get there and then I'd feel defeated!

You know how you look and feel so do what you think is right x

I'm struggling with setting a target too. I've never been slim, so have no idea what to aim for, or what weight/size I'd like to be.

I'm taking it one step at a time and focusing on all of the pre-set SW milestones: half a stone, a stone, 10%, etc.

However, it's my 21st birthday on July 8th, and I want to look good for that. I'll also have a holiday in the Summer, and want my beach bod at the ready :D

I was thinking of aiming to lose 3 stone by my birthday - my last WI before that will be July 3rd. This means I'll have 26 WI's (not including tonight), and 42lb to lose. This is going to work out at about 1.5lb per week to get me to that goal - what do you think? Am I aiming too high? Any comments/advice would be great xx

Back