Taster sessions?

Thelasttime

Next week my class is having a taster session. I think I'm going to make the fruit roulade with syn free lemon curd but I'm not sure how much I'm expected to bring. There are quite a lot of members in my group so to give the all a slice would be a lot. Also do I need to cut it up or will the consultant supply utensils?

Finally how do you count the Syns for a taster session. Even if everyone brought something for just half a syn, I can imagine you'd end up eating rather a lot!

xx

When we have tasters I just follow the recipe and then cut smaller so basically everyone who tries it "gets a taster". For example I made almond and cherry clafoutis for a taster this week. The recipe was for 8 portions but I made it in a square cake tin and cut it into 16 small squares for 1/2 syn each, rather than a full portion at 1 syn.

We generally have about 25 people at our group but I never make enough for everyone to have a piece as not everyone likes the same as me.

HTH

Denise

Does every group have these I wonder, never heard them mentioned here in northern Ireland..

If you don't normally have them then why not suggest one in your group? We usually have one every 4-6 weeks and they're very popular. We usually print off plenty of copies of the recipes we make so that others can try making the things they've tasted and liked.

auntynet said:
If you don't normally have them then why not suggest one in your group? We usually have one every 4-6 weeks and they're very popular. We usually print off plenty of copies of the recipes we make so that others can try making the things they've tasted and liked.

That's a great idea, I only weigh mthly but will defo mention it x

Back