Taylor's Maintenance Diary

you are doing well taylor and it's ok to have a little treat. I buy myself a finger of fudge if I have the chocolate urge, better than a big bar of choc, which I used to buy.

you are doing well taylor and it's ok to have a little treat. I buy myself a finger of fudge if I have the chocolate urge, better than a big bar of choc, which I used to buy.

Yes I used to be the same, I would buy a huge bar of fruit n nut or galaxy and I was unable to have a couple of squares and put it back......I would easily eat the whole bar and still want something else!

My neighbour doesn't snack AT ALL, she doesn't like biscuits or cakes and she can have a box of chocolates in the house and have just one chocolate and may not have another one til the following week:eek::eek::eek:........wouldn't it be lovely to be able to do that:rolleyes:.

Yes I used to be the same, I would buy a huge bar of fruit n nut or galaxy and I was unable to have a couple of squares and put it back......I would easily eat the whole bar and still want something else!

ME TOO!!!!!

My neighbour doesn't snack AT ALL, she doesn't like biscuits or cakes and she can have a box of chocolates in the house and have just one chocolate and may not have another one til the following week:eek::eek::eek:........wouldn't it be lovely to be able to do that:rolleyes:.

Sounds like my daughter - you can offer her chocolate and she'll say 'no thank you I'm not hungry' ...... WTF?????:D:D:D

Still - at least it makes me feel i must have done something right ;) :p

xxx

LOL! My friend is exactly the same! She still has pick n mix from feburary!!!!!! :eek:

Oh, never thought of buying a finger of fudge...whenever or if ever I can allow myself choc, but that is a good tip!!! thanks..will steal that one :)

My OH is EXACTLY the same...just threw out some choc he had been given for Christmas and only one taken from it! I didnt touch it cause it was in his office and with it being Christmas choc I couldnt eat it and replace it without him knowing :8855::8855:

Taylor, hubby got bought a box of chocolates last night. I am afriad I succumbed and had about five of them, they are are staring at me now!!!! cannot resist them if they are in the house, think I will put them out of sight. I will be good today.

Taylor, hubby got bought a box of chocolates last night. I am afriad I succumbed and had about five of them, they are are staring at me now!!!! cannot resist them if they are in the house, think I will put them out of sight. I will be good today.

I'd be the same, if there's chocolate in the house I will eat it so now I don't buy it anymore and my 11 year old son will go to the local Spar to by himself a bar of chocolate and I'm fine with that.
Going to stay with my parents in a week and my mum has stashes of chocolates (usually from christmas) and she brings them out when we visit......I'm staying with them for a week so god help me!

Friday 28th May

I weighed this morning and it said I had lost a pound but I weighed just before I had my dinner and it said I'd stayed the same so I'm gonna take it as that, very pleased as like last week, half way through the week I felt like I'd put on weight.
I did my housework and then went straight to Tesco's and half way round I realised I hadn't had any breakfast, not good as it makes me more hungry throughout the day.

I bought a can of chickpeas today, do I drain them and spread them out onto a baking tray? and what do I sprinkle over them? How long in the oven for?

Breakfast: I missed breakfast.....I forgot to have any:rolleyes:

Lunch: White bread sandwich with sliced pork and tomato, flora spread lite and onion relish. Packet of Walkers lites. Bite of my son's ring donut:eek:

Dinner:

drinks: so far 2 glasses litre tonic water with lime/cranberry juice, 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Last edited:
Good luck for next week at your Mums to avoid the chocolate Sian.

The chickpeas can be sprinkled with anything you fancy, paprika, pepper etc.

Friday 28th May

I weighed this morning and it said I had lost a pound but I weighed just before I had my dinner and it said I'd stayed the same so I'm gonna take it as that, very pleased as like last week, half way through the week I felt like I'd put on weight.
I did my housework and then went straight to Tesco's and half way round I realised I hadn't had any breakfast, not good as it makes me more hungry throughout the day.

I bought a can of chickpeas today, do I drain them and spread them out onto a baking tray? and what do I sprinkle over them? How long in the oven for?

Breakfast: I missed breakfast.....I forgot to have any:rolleyes:

Lunch: White bread sandwich with sliced pork and tomato, flora spread lite and onion relish. Packet of Walkers lites. Bite of my son's ring donut:eek:

Dinner:

drinks: so far 2 glasses litre tonic water with lime/cranberry juice, 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Well done on STS !! :)))))))
If you look on Tanya's posts it will tell you for how long to cook..I cant remember now.....I fancy trying them sweet, either spreading some honey over them, or even cinamon....mmm...I havent tried them yet! Will do at some point.

Could even do some cracked black pepper!

Tell your mum that you dont want any choc and not to bring out when you are there :))) I just wouldnt be able to resist....I too, try not to buy it now as I know I will eat it, and then replace it, and then eat it again, replace, etc, etc, etc, etc...and it goes on :8855::8855::8855:

Hi guys, hope you are all well. I got back a couple of days ago from visiting my parents and I've been catching up on all the washing.

I tried my best to eat well, I didn't have any chocolate, crisps etc.. and I even stuck to salads but my mum made her best apple pie and I had that 3 days running with cream, and she brought out an iced christmas cake, the date was almost up so she said we had to eat it. My mum tried not to have any as she's off on her hols so it was left to me to eat it on her behalf:eek:. But the worst thing is I didn't drink ANY water :eek:, not a glass, I forgot to get my sparkling/tonic water at the shops and as a result I have put on about 5/6 pounds and my skin feels terrible because of it.

I feel like I'm carrying a tyre around my waste and cos I don't feel right I'm back on TFR today, gonna do it for about 2 weeks like before, I'm treating it like a detox programme.

Tanya, well done on getting into the Special Constabulary......that's a fantastic achievement!!!

Hey sweetie, thanks :)

Glad to hear you've had a nice time away! Shame about the few lbs gain but i always expect a gain after holibobs! :giggle: I hear what yer saying about the water ... i dont drink much of it at all on the weekends so come monday when i drink it somehow my body knows and loves it! hahahahahaha Probably just because its a change from vodka! :rotflmao:

You'll have that little gain off in a week if yer doing tfr, good luck with it chuck. Sometimes it is nice to just 'detox' aint it :)

Enjoy yer weekend x

You will soon have that off in a few days with TFR. How much more do you want to lose?

Glad to hear you enjoyed though, and the apple pie and cream sounds lovely, mmm.

Aw Sian that's nothing - you'll probably lose that in a couple of days! Glad you enjoyed, good to have you back :) xx

You will get this off in no time at all Sian, esp if you are TFRing it again..waw..well done you!

Hope you enjoyed your time with your mum!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm gonna do it for a week and see if that's ok, it should be enough as I want to get back to 8st 11 lbs so I need to lose 6 lbs. Last time I lost 9lbs in a week so I wouldn't want to do any longer if I don't need to just as long as I refeed correctly like last time.
I'm on day 3 and feeling really good.

Some may look at this and say I'm doing the 'diet thing' all wrong by going back on TFR but this works for me and I don't mind doing it.

It wouldn't be my 1st choice method Sian but each to their own - whatever you feel best with - and I've learned to never say never ;)

Glad you're feeling good xx

I dont think I would go on TFR just to lose 6lbs to be honest, if you follow a healthy diet, you could lose around that in the first week anyway.

Your choice though hun ;-)

Back