tazbabe's show and tell

Oh no!! Bloomin' foxy loxy!

CAN'T believe you lot have hijacked Marty's thread with poo talk! Well I can actually, cos I've been here a while now.

Love the emoticons too Marty - wherever do you get them? That fox'll be back now, won't he? :(

Oh yum! Fresh eggs are soooooo delish!

24.gif

going to keep the girls in their run today, the y don't like it, used to roaming free, but its for their own good.
just off to design a trap..................

Yeah, good luck Trapper Marty :) Do your chickies provide enough fresh eggs for both of you on Atkins? I roar through about 10-12 eggs a week!

Morning Marty (&spud) :D

morning jim! x
(spud has a horrid day ahead, dr's to check out his sore neck and shoulder since the accident, and then registering his dad's death, really not nice)

aye, suzi, we have lovely fresh eggs everyday, in the summer when laying is at its height i also have enough to pass on.
true free rang eggs are sooo much tastier than shop 'free range' ones.

Do you two share a PC or do you have one each? poor Steve, I'm so sorry about your dad mate. I lost mine 20 years ago, he was younger than I am now.

Cor, wish I could keep chickens - but they wouldn't last long in this part of town LOL

Steve, hope it goes OK today, mate x

lol jim, no i am at home, and spud is 400 miles away with his mum! he's likely on his mobile posting.
but at home, yes we do have a pc each.

now, the fox trap......i have 3 cockerils is a seperate run that we were going to eat.......i have been keeping them in to fatten them....i am thinking of letting them out today as fox bait in the hope that they will satisfy him and he won't come back. is that cruel?
foxes bury their prey for a later date, i wonder how many he needs?

coincidently, just this morning one of the young cocks has started to crow, and my adult cock that lives with the hens is answering, its very noisy out there today!

Don't know that it will work Marty. I grew up on a farm and the foxes just kept coming back for more of our chickens (and the occasional cat) - they don't often eat them, their instinct is to just kill.

thinking of you today steve x

Back