Taz's diary - Need to do this!

No luckily his stressyness was on the end of the phone so I could just hang up! We now have the car back and the bill didn't rise so not so much of a drama.

I am going to work tomorrow although I don't know really know why. I am in for just 6 hours and have nothing to do in those 6 hours! Unless, of course, something goes wrong.

Well, as long as they pay you for doing nothing for 6 hours I guess you can't really grumble x

Brilliant!

Have a fantastic Friday x

Morning Taz, hope you have a good day today then love

Hi Taz - I hope you are having a good evening x

Well yesterday work consisted of meeting a colleague in Starbucks at 6.45am and sitting there til 10 past 9 when I went back to the station to meet another friend for yet more coffee!!! I walked her to her train then met another friend (no coffee this time) and chatted for a while before walking her to her train then I went home. It's a hard life!

Today I have had my job changed and I have less work to do but unfortunately not less hours :(

Morning all! Off to work again today but it may be the last day of actual work for a while as next week I am back to training for at least 2 weeks. Although I am hoping to get some rest day work inbetween.

Bit of a surprise at work yesterday morning, I was talking to my manager about the Route Assessor job that he asked me to do last year. He was just finalising the list and telling me what was involved and asked me if I had the A1 Assessor qualification, which I don't but I knew I would have to do so he said I will be put on the next available course. As I was leaving he called after me and said "Are you a peer trainier?". I'm not, I'm the only one asked to be a route assessor that's not actually a trainer so I thought he was going to tell me I couldn't do the job after all. But when I said No he asked me if I would consider it! I'm not a trainer by choice but peer training is all on train based and simply applying what the newbys have already learned to the preactical side of the job. So in the next few weeks I will have to apply for that too! This really is turning into an interesting year

This is your year for training Taz - obviously x

It certainly seems to be Gem!

Nomad, that is a concern right now. Another conversation with my manager today revealed that the training for the Route Assessor job starts the week commencing 5th Feb and is on a Thursday and Friday. They are doing the courses every week til all of us have been trained. I am hoping I will be one of the last as he also thinks my current training won't be concluded until March! It turns out that there will be a lot of exams for this so I will have a lot of work to do!

Morning Taz, training is good, and the more qualifications you have the more chance at promotion generally, and that can't be bad can it.

Well I wouldn't want promotion to an office as they are not secure jobs but there is still one step up I can go from where I am if I want to. It's all good as you say. The more I can do the safer my position

Oh dear, bad Tazzy! I had a new toaster delivered today so I unpacked it and put it in position on the worktop (where the old one used to live) under the top cupboards. So I looked at the set up instructions and it said to turn the dials up to full and toast empty 3 times to get rid of the 'new toaster' smell. Great idea! So I did as instructed and during the last cycle I saw a flash of white light! Shocked, I looked to see if anything was amiss and then I see the white light is still there. I look under the cupboard and see that the light (we have those stick on plastic push on/push off lights) is on but I hadn't turned it on! On closer inspection, after the toaster has finished I see that the 3 cycles of full power had melted the light so it turned itself on! Oopsies!!! Dimwit Taz should have realised this and done the 3 cycles further out on the worktop!

Oooops, Morning Tazz, is the fitting melted or do you just need to replace the light?

Well at least it didn't catch fire - that would have been a disaster! x

Back