Taz's diary - Need to do this!

Evening all! Not a happy Tazzy today. Car failed MOT and will cost over £200 to fix! I know it's not a lot to keep my car on the road but it is a real spanner in the financial works. I budget very carefully and there is NO wiggle room so it's a real blow. It may assist my decision on whether or not to do this training in January. The more I think about it the more I think I really can't afford to take 5 weeks out of my normal duties, especially after 3 weeks off at the end of the year! Decisions decisions! I did tell one of the training managers that if they don't give us a date to start training soon I will have changed my mind about it by the time they do! He laughed but I was serious!!!

No he will be away and they only give a week for retesting. He said he will help with the cash but that's only a short term solution, I still don't know where I'm going to find that from! More overtime me thinks :(

Yeah I thought that as I was typing. At least he can help with the cash which at least gets your car back on the road and gives you a bit of breathing space to find the money

I'm sure Mr Taz will be able to help with the transport Taz x

Yes Mr Taz will be my taxi service for the weekend and Monday morning. He's not happy at losing his lie ins all weekend but he needs the car while I am at work so he has to. The garage have said my car should be ready to collect when I finish work on Monday so that will be ok

Well what a terrible weekend that was! It started, as most weekends do, on Saturday. I'd had a good day at work then I had a call to say someone I knew had been 'found dead' on Thursday. I don't know the full story or what's true and what's rumour but I was told yesterday that a man had been arrested in connection with. I'm sure the truth will out sooner or later.

Then yesterday I had a call from a friend to say a much treasured colleague had died from a heart attack on Saturday. I was totally gutted, he was a great guy, a total one off. We are all devastated by it.

Then yesterday evening the in laws phoned with news of the death of a relative! At which point I felt like giving up and hiding.

What a BAD weekend. I'm glad it's over and hoping this week will be better. But as I woke at 2am with my throat on fire I'm not so sure it will be :(

Have a good week everyone x

Nomad I'm loving the new picture!

I went to the new Tesco store in a local town today (where I grewed up) and got some extra hot mexicana cheese and oh my, it's hot! Once I'd stopped my head from rolling down the road I had to call the fire brigade to put out the fire on my tongue!!! It's lush, I will be getting some more :D

Thanks Taz. Yes I heard there was a new Tesco opening there. There are two opening in my road, it's a very long road and there is one at each end! I don't like the sound of that cheese. I love cheese but I don't like it very strong flavoured!

I hope you've had a better day today after the last couple of days. How are you getting on with the swimming? I'm assuming you probably haven't had much chance over the weekend xx

No, still 800 lengths to go. The new store is the biggest in the South West, 3rd largest in Europe apparently! You wouldn't recognise the place now!

Hope you have a good day. When's your next swim? x :)

Hiya, just been looking up trains, will take me about an hour and cost just over £12 so its very doable. Will only be able to stop about 3 hours though because of Bayley. What sort of time are you thinking of meeting up?

Back