Tea (the drink, not the meal!)

Tonic

I just wondered if anyone knew whether I can drink teas such as peppermint or Chai tea? I know I can't have teas containing fruit because of the natural sugars but I know on Lighterlife they say that Peppermint or green tea is fine.

Also, what about jasmine tea?

Thanks in advance x ;)

Peppermint and green tea are both fine, I read somewhere that nettle is too. Not sure about jasmine, but imagine it'd be OK. Chai am not so sure about, as it's always quite sweet - think it may have sugar in it somewhere? Or is that just the spices?
xxx

I think that's just the spices. It says on the pack that it is a black tea infused with cinnamon, cloves, ginger and star anise... What do you reckon?

Sounds Ok to me, but maybe a CDC would confirm? I know cinnamon is OK as I have it on my porridge... if the verdict is yes, can you let me know the brand you have as I love chai tea & have really missed it. I think maybe I was thinking of chai lattes, my starbucks fave, which are gorgeous but must have a ton of sugar in them... as well as the milk of course! Sadly off limits for now!
xxx

Sorry but its a no jasmine is from the flower and the other teas include spices and flavourings which are not allowed.

You can have plain black, white, green tea, nettle, mint, redbush, black coffee providing nothing is added.

The rule is from the leaf nothing from the fruit, flower, bark or root.

Foiled again!!! Ah well. Back to the drawing board... no chai for us!
xxx

Thank you very much! I'm begrudgingly giving my jasmine and chai tea bags out to the rest of the office... !

At least I can have peppermint and nettle though - thats a plus!

Back