Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

Julie - must have posted at the same time. That is terrible about your son - how is he doing today? Will it leave permanent damage to his hearing? Bless him - hope he is better soon. Not surprised you needed carbs. Take care X

[QUOTE=I

Dione.. As for your dilemma with eating, I would have loved to stuck to SSing when going out however I wanted a life and I had a long way to go. I've had a number of major events during the past year and I tend to decide whether or not they are important then plan whether or not I eat but the final choice is up to you.

Anyway good to hear from you all ...here's to guzzling the water !!! We've had a very difficult couple of days as my 21 year old son (he's a student) got assaulted in the early hours and ended up in hospital with internal bleeding and a perforated eardrum ! Anyway he's now home and ok but deaf in one ear. I got a tel call from the police so met him at the hospital and spent all night and day waiting around. So yesterday was a disaster as all i wanted was carbs, today so far I'm ok.
I'm not getting weighed til Monday as I had to cancel yesterday so I'll let you know for next week

Thanks for your advice Ive come home early from my night out as i am so disappointed with myself...I gave into tempation. i had some chicken, some mushrooms and to make it worse 2 dough sticks :( so gutted. I didnt even enjoy it and now i feel extremely sick :( wished i hadnt gone out now and come straight home
:cry::cry::confused::mad:
I am so sorry to hear about your son. Tha happened to my husband when he went away for his brother stag do, he had a perfirated ear drum but has all hearing back now. Hope your son gets better soon

Dione - How has your water intake been this week? I never really went above 2.5 ltrs a day and it was o.k, also on weigh in day I stopped drinking 2.5 hrs before weigh in (not a great idea, so not saying do that!). I know some people swear by 4 ltrs or even more, but watch how you drink it. Don't glug it all at once and try and space it throughout the day - it can be dangerous to drink it all at once. I aimed for 1ltr before lunch (plus a couple of coffees) and then the rest spaced throughout the afternoon. What else did your CDC say? Don't be disheartened - keep with it and I am sure you'll be happy with your result next week. If SS is getting you down, think about SS+ and if that would work better for you. Keep your chin up honey and remember that you have lost 11lb in 2 weeks and that is fantastic! Not far off 1st in 2 weeks is amazing and you are 1/4 of the way to your goal!

I have been realyy good today with the water and drunk just over 3 litres spaced throughput the day. Mt cdc told me 2 litres is no where near enough and if i dont drink more i wont lose the weight :sigh: (told off big time)
I am proud that i have lost 11lb in 2 weeks but was really hoping for 1 stone. now after my blip today that really hasnt helped

Put it behind you...just don't carry on eating. I've suddenly become saint Julie :D.

Anyway today I've been shopping for my youngest and decided to try on bras...I have been measured as a 36 yes thirty six !!! ok the cup size was giagnormous (H) but nevertheless a 36...if i'm honest they feel really really tight but my shape has improved dramatically and it is my intention to go down...!!

And Jemma ...you are a star telling me but I hadn't realised I was under 200lbs but way hay time to celebrate !!!

:bliss:

Julie - to right, def time to celebrate. What an achievement, 80lb down and below 200. Cannot believe you didn't notice - I would have been dancing around and telling every random stranger who looked in my general direction!!!!

Don't beat yourself up Dione - one night out and only 2 dough sticks - chicken/mushrooms just don't count. Just think how much worse it could have been and move on hon. You won't have blown it at all, and by tomorrow you'll be back on track and glugging the water. You may be disappointed with 11lb in 2 weeks, but that could have been 4lb in 2 weeks with another diet and is only 3lb away from the st.

Got to go to bed now as my 5 yr old does not know the meaning of a Saturday morning lay in. It will be a pre-6am start again no doubt. Yawn!

Jemma xx

Julie - forgot to mention the bra measuring. All I'm saying is my cup size took a while to even out with the back measurement - gone from a 40HH to a 32F now! Did you go to Bravissimo? They do feel tight at first, but the shape change is fab and it makes tops fit better. Just glad of underwiring, did I ever have a "pert" chest??!! X

I walked into Selfridges to look for a 40" bra but woman said they didn't sell that size however she would measure me, she did and then tried several bras on and then told me the size !! Buzzing is the understatement.

As for the weight ...I just thought I'd lost 80lbs !!

Hope you sleep/ slept well........my youngest is up around 6.00 but she doesn't sleep very well so I do the late shift - she wakes several times overnight - actually has sleep apnoea & down syndrome - and my husband does the morning shift and somehow it works

Take care and have a fun weekend

with love x

:bliss::p:pGood morning all,

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the hubby let me have a lie in so i have just got out of bed:eek::eek:

I am feeling gggrreeeaattt!!!!:D

Ive forgot about last night and am not going to be deflated or moan anymore :innocent0002:
I am no longer going to stress over the amount i lose each week. As long as its a loss thenim happy.

Yes yesterday was a blip, so what, i am going to be strong and work harder, if i want results then i have to work for it:character00115:

I am going to continue SS and succeed. I have made a promised myself that i am no longer going to beat myself and i am going to stay positive :vibes::wee:

This is the new and imporved me. I am sending all of the positive vibes to you all out there.

Its all about positivity, go kick yourself up the butt and think about what it will be like when we all reach our targets, which we all will!!! Lets all stick together and look forward to a new skinny us :party0049:
And remember the secret is :7834: water :)

Good luck to all that has their WI over the weekend. I wont be on here much over the weekend as will be spending quality time with the hubby and kids as he is away again on Monday for 4 days :(

Good luck everyone:party0019:

Hiyaa ppl,

hope u r all fine...

Sorry I haven`t been posting here lately, I have just been quite sick...
Julie I am sorry to hear about your son, hope he is better now.

I am on the SS diet, however I have not been good this week, as I have been eating a bit to get energy.

I usually get weighed on Tuesdays and I lost 5lbs, but I thinks I will gain a bit this week, I will try to run it off on the gym...:D

Take care and good luck everyone.
xxx Sahra

Hi all esp Sahra, thanks for encouragement Dione

Today ...diet fine :D, weather great, new bra has "uplifted me" (groan,groan) and I've got supa dupa new running trainers - its an early b'day present from my husband and he said I could choose the ones that felt best rather than go on the price...silly man doesn't he realise I've got a honing instinct to look at the box. Anyway they cost an immoral amount of money, look yucky but fit like a pair of comfy old slippers...for those even remotely interested they are New Balance, yellowy bits on them, motion controlled and correct my over-protection ??? Thats all from going to a runnng shop. I did ask if I would like running in them but he said no but I'd feel better !! Has to be a good thing :) :) :)

Water and more water coming up...but really I want vodka :sigh:

with love all xx

Day one of re-re-restart for me today.
No weigh in this week but can you all post your results on here(copying and pasting and previous ones) before 3pm so that I can submit them :)
Will pop back later. Have a great day :)

you have mine dont you Amanda? xxx

Hi Dione :) Can you just confirm that your current weight is 11st13(167lbs) and that you lost 1.5lbs, so weight at beginning of the week prior to weigh in was 12st 0.5lbs(168.5lbs). Would equate to a 0.89% loss :) Is that correct?

Hi all :)
Think that's only two results so far.
Sahra, did you say you lost 5lbs at weigh in on Tuesday? Need to know current weight at weight at beginning of the week prior to weigh in so that I can calculate your percentage lost. Hope I didn't make that sound really confusing! :)
Will check back at 5.30pm to see if we have any more results :)

Dione 1.5/168.5x100=0.89%
Imac 2/201x100=1% (0.995 rounded up)

Hi All,

Sorry Amanda - it was 1.5lbs off for me last week. WI again tomorrow, so will let you know for next week.
I am going up to 1000/1200 this week, so will see how it goes.

Have a good week everyone.

Jemma x

Hi everyone :)
Enjoying the holidays from school(and work :) )
First day trying to ss wasn't exactly perfect but only a slice of pear and about 5 blueberries! Doing well so far today. Did 45 minutes on my wii fit this morning(my promise to do at least 30 mins a day has begun). Have just had my second shake so I'm hoping the delay will help me later :)
Went to the opticians and came out almost £200 poorer! Amazingly, I have 20/20 vision (not sure how that works when I'm long sighted but hey ho). I am struggling with constant refocusing due to worsening astigmatisms so have been told to wear glasses as much as possible to minimise eye strain. As my prescription has changed and it costs nearly as much to put new lenses into old frames, I ended up with snazzy new frames and some rather funky sunglasses with Polaroid lenses which will be amazingly fantastic(here's hoping anyway lol) :) If only they could do housework and make tea too lol ;)
Well, hope you're all having a good day :)
Good luck for your weigh in Jemma. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. Hope 1000/1200 plan goes well too :)
See you all later :)

Last edited:
Hi Dione :) Can you just confirm that your current weight is 11st13(167lbs) and that you lost 1.5lbs, so weight at beginning of the week prior to weigh in was 12st 0.5lbs(168.5lbs). Would equate to a 0.89% loss :) Is that correct?

Hi Amanda,

Yes thats right xxxx

Hi all,

Congrats to all the losses xxx

Sorry havent been on much. The hubby works away so try and spend as much time as poss with the family over the weekend.

Well how proud am i of myself??? The answer is VERY proud.:party0049:. My brother and his fiance came over yesterday for dinner. I cooked everybody a lovely chicken roast (my roasts are to die for:turkey:). Anyway, i wasnt even tempted, not even a pea:wee:. Whilst everyone was eating, i cleared all the washing up and the kitchen and then when they had their pudding i had a cd chocolate shake. Also at work the director ordered the whole office bacon sandwiches (my favourite) and i said NO :DI have also drunk 4 litres every day since Friday :) :)

I had a sneeky peek on the scales (sorry FFTB i know i am naughty) and i know i have lost, even though i will not say how much until WI on Thursday. My WI is only for 6 days as i had to go Friday last week so i am making an extra bug effort.

Hope everyone had a really good weekend and a 100% today? xxx

Back