Team 13 - Shape Shifters Official Thread

ok hun as long as you r ok xxxx ((hugs to your mum)))

Hello lovely ladies - I'm back!

Just caught up on the last couple of weeks of postings.

Amanda - That is terrible news about your Mum's boyfriend. I bet she is glad to be back and able to see you face to face.

Dione - You are doing so well. Don't beat yourself up about the occasional slip. What is important is that you enjoy your days out with your children, and if that is involves eating that is o.k. I know exactly what you mean about the fatty foods, when I was SS my stomach could not take greasy food at all.

Julie - Glad you are enjoying you hols. St Tropez - very nice! Hope to see you on here when you get back.

My holiday was good and as you can see from my tracker, not the absolute diet diaster I was expecting. I managed to only gain 1.5lb (have added it as 2lb on here). There was a small gym with a treadmill at the apartments, and I tried to walk on there for 5km most days - it was not as scenic as being outside, but so much cooler! I also tried to stick to being fairly good during the day and enjoying whatever I wanted in the evening. I had a sickness bug for a couple of days before we came home, so I think that may have helped too! I did consume lots of bread, feta, fried potatoes and a fair amount of choc and alcohol, so it may catch up with me next week a bit more. The weather was good and not too hot which was great for my daughter.

Trying to get back on track now, it will be easier when I am back at work next week and not tempted by munchies at home. I was surprised at how easy it is for me to eat large amounts again and also not make good choices. I really do have zero willpower!

I got that book you mentioned Amanda, the one about why people overeat, and I am going to read that over the next week or 2. I got weighed with my CD today and am going to start seeing her every 2 weeks now and then move onto monthly visits. I really enjoy the choc tetras in my morning coffee and the peanut bars in the evening, so I will continue to get those. The peanut bars will hopefully stop me slipping back to my old ways of 2 choc bars in the evening.

Take care

Jemma x

Thanks for your kindness :) Glad you had a good time Jemma and well done for minimising your gain without really trying :)
I have reset my tickers. As you can see have done some serious damage to my losses and have been in no fit state to overcome my addictive desires at all!
Have taken mum to docs and she's been referred for some much needed counselling. Keeping a close eye on her but trying to give her space too. It isn't easy getting that balance.
Anyway, have tried for the last couple of days to get back to ss but have failed-miserably! But I'm determined today will be the day. Back to work on Thursday and I need to get those energy levels back or 30 over-excited kids on Monday will just about finish me off lol
Hope you're all well. Speak soon xxx

Hi GUys,

How are you all? Sorry i have not been around i have spent some real quality time with my babies and hubby. Its been great. Got weighted this morning and put on 1lb which isnt as bad as i thought. I also got measuread and i have lost 2in from my hips, 1 from my waist and chest has stayed the same.

I am now back at work and really focused. September is my month :)

Well hello one and all

Sorry to hear about things at home Amanda I hope by now everything has settled down and you are mnaging to enjoy the last few days of the holidays before you're back at school

We arrived home this morning having driven 900 miles to be greeted by the news my daughter's boyfriend (aged 22) got "jumped on" outside our house this morning and forced at knifepoint to drive to a cash machine and draw out money !
Needless to say it brought us back to reality very rapidly , he's physically unhurt but very traumtised by the whole event especially as the police kept referring to it as "kidnapping".

Anyway back to normal life, kids return to school tomorrow, washing is still waiting to be done as the machine apparantly broke during our holiday and as for weight ........its abysmal.

I've gained loads in 3 weeks and am starting all over tomorrow with about 8 days before my weighin to at least get to my pre-holiday weight.

So here's to a fresh September start ....

With love to you all

Day 1 ???

OMG, Julie, that's awful! Hope he's ok
Sounds like you've had quite a bit o deal with since your return.
Back to day one for us both. I ate some white fish this evening and about 5 chips(!) but will be 100% tomorrow :)

Well hello one and all

Sorry to hear about things at home Amanda I hope by now everything has settled down and you are mnaging to enjoy the last few days of the holidays before you're back at school

We arrived home this morning having driven 900 miles to be greeted by the news my daughter's boyfriend (aged 22) got "jumped on" outside our house this morning and forced at knifepoint to drive to a cash machine and draw out money !
Needless to say it brought us back to reality very rapidly , he's physically unhurt but very traumtised by the whole event especially as the police kept referring to it as "kidnapping".

Hun that is awful, have they caught the person that did it? I hope he is ok xxx

Anyway back to normal life, kids return to school tomorrow, washing is still waiting to be done as the machine apparantly broke during our holiday and as for weight ........its abysmal.

I had a week off last week and i was terrible yet it shocked me that i only put on a 1lb. Its a fact that we all do it when we go away so dont beat yourself up hun, just give yourself a pat on the back that you are going back to it 100% :) Ur lose the holiday weight in no time :)

I've gained loads in 3 weeks and am starting all over tomorrow with about 8 days before my weighin to at least get to my pre-holiday weight.

So here's to a fresh September start ....

With love to you all

Day 1 ???

Ive commented in red :) Hope you have a good day today xxx

OMG, Julie, that's awful! Hope he's ok
Sounds like you've had quite a bit o deal with since your return.
Back to day one for us both. I ate some white fish this evening and about 5 chips(!) but will be 100% tomorrow :)

Hi Hun,

How are you? Hows your mum? Dont be down on yourself hun you have been through so much lately. You will be a success as you are a strong person. So what if it takes a few extra weeks, as long as you get there in the end and maintain.

You are stunning and will l;ook even more stuinning when you get to target xxx Big hugs hun xx

Hello all :)
Mum's ok, thanks. Spent the whole day yesterday(7hrs!), with the help of dh, wallpapering what used to be my little brother's room for her. There's so much to do and now she's only got us to help her.
I am feeling incredibly fat and miserable today. It's depressing me that I'm going back to work tomorrow and instead of weighing less I'll be going back weighing more. I know I should try not to think about it but all I can imagine is that they will look at me and think 'well she must have been putting it away over the summer' and I'm going to be so ashamed. I mean, I am ashamed. I had such good intentions :( Stuffed my face with a turkey and ham subway at lunchtime :( but I suppose it could have been a lot worse. I'm drawing a line under it. Just had a shake and will have a bar later.
I'm in a really foul mood. Not due til my birthday next week but wondering if it's going to be very early!
I find it much easier to avoid food at work so I'm hoping it'll help so trying to stay positive :)
Have a good evening everyone :)

Hi Everyone,

Crikey, it has all been going on!

I cannot believe what happened to your daughter's boyfriend Julie, what is this world coming to? It is the stuff nightmares are made of, I hope he is o.k.

Know exactly how you feel ladies - got the servere munchies going on. After the first night home Chinese, it went onto an anniversary curry on Sunday, a Pizza Hut with our daughter Monday, a Frankie and Benny's with my mum last night and a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake at work today. Oh dear! Remember what I said about only gaining 1.5lb on hols - quadruple it now I think. Got weigh in next Monday, so better get walking and being v. good until then. The holiday's are well and truely over and need to get back on track now. My brothers wedding is less than 4 weeks and I have a lush size 12 Coast dress that I bought on Saturday. It is tight fitting anyway (got to invest in some good pull me in knickers), but if I carry on this way I won't be able to zip it up.

Will be checking in here to keep me on track. Wishing all of you positive thoughts!

Take care
Jemma x

I have been a saint :0

Adam (daughter's boyfriend) is still very shook up but the police seem to think they know who it could be so thats positive.

Reflections on our jollies....we managed to get the only day of rain in St Tropez since April ( our tent flooded), a heat wave with temperatures in the mid to late 30s - OH resembled a lobster.....our car broke down ....I took 3 weeks worth of CD for the ride and ate it for one day....and by eating normal food and drinking copious amounts of alcohol I have managed to gain enormous amounts of weight ( far too much to admit) and my now my regular clothes are too tight....but it was bliss :0

Have you ever tasted a CD bar thats melted then gone hard again - let me assure you it tastes worse than it did before ??

So since Tues night I have managed to lose some of my blow out weight ...I now have 8 days before i weigh in hence I'm here again !!

So big hugs all round and lot of love to you all xx

Hi everyone,
Have not had a successful week with dieting :( Doubt I'll have lost anything tomorrow but think I'll just settle for not gaining!
Finishing ds's bedroom today and that's all the plans for the weekend.
Have a good one.
If anyone has any weigh in results please post them before tomorrow lunchtime and hopefully we might have enough for the team challenge.
Speak later xxx

Defo no results from me as I'm still Mr Blobby...will weigh on Thurs so hopefully next week
Have a good week everyone

with love xx

Hello All,

Had weigh in this eve (just going every fortnight from now) and now weigh 10st 5.4lbs, lost 4lb in the 10 days since I last saw my CDC. Soooo close to a heathly BMI now - just 0.4lb. Determined to get there if only for 1 week, and then happy to fluctuate around this sort of weight. Still very wobbly on arms, thighs and tummy, and the toning is going to take a long time, if it happens at all. I am a comfortable size 12 and that is better than I ever thought I would do when I started in March. Still can't get my head around it really.

How is everyone doing this week? Still being saint like Julie? How is your daughter's boyfriend, and news from the police? What is going on with you Dione? Have you got back on track? Did you get the bedroom finished for you son Amanda? How being back at work been? How is your Mum?

Has anyone heard anything from Ray? I hope she is doing o.k and enjoying her new start and not feeling so homesick.

Has our other newbie been on here at all? Is Pretika still maintaining? I have never seen her on here and would love to know how she is doing.

Won't be weighing in now until the 22nd, so just the maintenance now. Ummm, easier said than done!

Take care

Jemma x

Hi everyone :)
Sorry I've not been around. Been a busy week. Was first week back at school with the children, my birthday was on Wednesday and I've not been on track. I have had a shake for breakfast and bar for lunch and then have eaten pretty much whatever I wanted every evening. I've not weighed myself and I'm not going to until next Sunday.
Have managed a full day today tho. Had a shake at breakfast and then another at teatime. Just had to force myself to eat a bar and I'm drinking my last litre of water before bed. Will probably be up all night weeing!
I'm hoping that tomorrow will be as easy :)
Hope you are all well :)

Am betting you must be at a healthy weight by now, Jemma. Well done you :)
I have now completed four days 100% ss and feel good :) Nothing will stop me from staying on track now. I've deviated for far too long!

Have been avoiding weighing myself as I had been so off target but weighed myself(ss since saturday) and I'm 8lbs lighter. I will get there!
Hope you're all ok :)

Hi All,

That is fab news Amanda - well done for sticking with it. Well on track to getting to that goal of 145lb. You'll be there way before Christmas - keep going!

I go for weigh in next Tuesday, but I am keeping an eye on things at home and I seem to be staying around 10st 6ish, sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more, and that is fine with me. Trying to eat well, but no sticking to any sort of plan. Had a couple of meals out and not made the best choices, but just make sure I am fairly good the rest of the time. My husband's birthday is this Monday and mine is a week Sunday, so I can see some overdulging happening! I think it is going to be an ongoing balancing act!

Hope everyone else is doing o.k. What is going on with you Dione and Julie? How have you both been?

Take care Jemma x

Well done, Jemma :)
It is a balancing act for the rest of our lives, for sure. I think it's juat a case of eating sensibly and if one day you don't then you make sure you do for a few more days afterwards iykwim :)
Just about to make my last shake. Take care x

Back