Team 17 = sisters of slim =official thread =

Thankyou Irene
xx

Morning everyone,hope we are all ok,Im working for most of the day today and off to fireworks to get frozen and soaked,cant wait.The last time I went to a display I had a load of teenagers in front of me and they were all saying to each other'wheres the stick,wheres the stick'after the rockets went off,I spent the whole of my time looking for the stick and didnt really see any fireworks,apart from the roman candle which fell over and just shot everything it had at the crowd!!Needless to say Im not keen,but andy wants to go as they have a hog roast yeah well Im not saying anything......Im just gonna stand and sulk,flicking my short well sprayed doesnt move hair,and stick my nose in the air!!
Anyway catch you all later
xx

you go girl and just make sure you dont stand near the hog roast the smell ooooooooooo,i have done 2 car boots the last 2 sundays the first 1 i stood next to the bacon van for 6 hours and the second one the mini donut van it took a lot of willpower i tell you everyone walked past with them hee hee ,but i was good and i even ss on my birthday and let the lads eat my cake my mum got me even though i said no cake.i had my chicken the night before as i thought if i get in birthday mode like you do i will say oh its only a bit of cake ,choc ,bread whatever then i would ruin my diet so i said no and ss,i am only doing this till 20 dec then thats it ,so its not long to wait really is it.have a nice night i lovvvvvvvvvvvve fireworks i spent 150 quid on ours i am danger woman the louder the better for me,the clean up of the garden is the worse bit lol.see ya sister.

Hi everyone
The diet is now started!
I have developed a cold though, just to keep things interesting, and I was wondering if throat soothers where allowed?

Hi ast,glad youve got going,you cant have the throat sweets but my cdc said you can have the throat spray,it is good numbs it all,I had the same when I started,it soon goes though,there is a lot going around at the moment,just dashing out so catch you all later,dont think fireworks will be on,chucking it down here and really windy
xx

Me..weight 14st 13...loss..2lbs..weight now 14st 11lb(0.95%)
Serena Weight: 12st 4, loss -3, new weight 12st 1(1.74%)
Debs..16st13 last week and am now 16st7.5 so weight loss was 5.5lbs(2.32%)
soolaboola 12st 10- loss 1/2lb(8oz) -now 12st 9 1/2lb (0.28%)

Penny weight 14st 4lb, loss..1lb..weight now 14st 3lb.

Sorry for the delay in posting.

Serena thanks for the message, hope things improve with your dad.
julie, which fireworks are you going to?
I was meant to be going away this weekend, but I have choosen to stay home alone, in the hope it will bring me out of my dark mood,not working so far, but you never know.

Hi penny35, thanks for asking.
Its no where neer as bad as it was before, but I still dont want to do anything. Strangly enough drinking water helps, but dont tell my CDC, she would only tell me to drink more.

Hi,glad to see you back amongst us Penny,thanks for posting your results I can get them off to Irene.
Well we went to fireworks they were at Hawkinge.We went to asda and on the way home it wasnt raining so we made a snap decision to go,it was 5.30 and they started at 6...so no time to go home and wrap up...BIG MISTAKE..I had gone out to get a hat to wear for said fireworks,went in New look tried on a couple andy just wet himself laughing and said I looked like frank spencer so I didnt get one as I thought we werent going.I was wearing Kayleighs pink timberland boots(this may seem irelevant now but you need to picture it)...anyway Charlie had on a nice pair of glow in the dark wellies and a very warm coat so we didnt worry about him,Andy....leather jacket thats it.Me wool coat with stitched up pockets(which I later tried to rip open)Thats it...so we drive round and I try to launch sat nav out the window as it starts shouting at us to u turn as we are on bypass,just cos wanda(thats what we call her)has never been up the new bypass dont mean it aint there!!Anyway we just followed cars that looked like they were full of people wearing HATS,GLOVES and SCARVES silly billys!!We were in touching distance of the fireworks as we drove along the road...then some know it all comes along in a flouresent jacket and a torch and says follow the road til you see the next gate and marshall.Soo........1/2 mile later we find him...park in there he says(right ok cos its getting late by then in we go,we then joined an off road rally of people trying to park cars in an orderly fashion whilst wheel spinning,and sliding sideways.I dress up in my new glow in the dark bracelet and attempt to join in the anticiption of a fantastic firework display....out I get and sink a foot into the mud!My boot nearly gets pulled off by the suction,but off we go...trapsing up the lane 1/2 mile in the pitch black apart fom cars coming towards us every few minutes,for which to get past we all have to jump in the hedge..then we're there yipee!!No..we still have to trudge through A FIELD!!Still no light deep joy,up the hill down the hill,through the gate...could be a problem it looks like an entrance to a cattle field but ..I manage to ice skate freestyle to other side of the gate and woopee I made it.We are there in we go,right what time do the fireworks start 6.30 its about 6 by now so andy gets a beer I have black coffee..great I like this then.......rain by the bucket load,an arctic front suddenly moves in and the wind batters me on the back of my head,my ears start to ache,my hands turn blue,my toes drop off and its 6.05!!We wait for the bonfire to be lit in the hopes of watching it glow and getting some imaginary heat,i have to stand and watch as I can no longer feel my feet to be able to move.They light the fireworks at 6.30....Oh No I didnt read the advert properly it is small fireworks at 6.30 the proper ones arent til 7.30 and when I say small I mean small a kid next to me said this is boring..I have to agree luckily someone in one of the gardens backing onto the field was letting off rockets so we watched them and oohd and aahd.Well more rain,wind bitter cold we were not going we paid a tenner for this,we wait til 7.30 rain held off for that great display,right thats it finished lets go home,trudge trudge,squelch squelch back to the car torrential rain,I look like alice cooper with flat soaked hard hair andy looks like just his normal self but very wet,rally out of the car park,and we come home(sanctuary warmth and peace) to walk in the door and have two 18 year olds wetting themselves pointing and laughing at us...Kids I hate em!!
xx

Me..weight 14st 13...loss..2lbs..weight now 14st 11lb(0.95%)
Serena Weight: 12st 4, loss -3, new weight 12st 1(1.74%)
Debs..16st13 last week and am now 16st7.5 so weight loss was 5.5lbs(2.32%)
soolaboola 12st 10- loss 1/2lb(8oz) -now 12st 9 1/2lb (0.28%)

Penny weight 14st 4lb, loss..1lb..weight now 14st 3lb.(0.50%)

Team total 1.20%

Hi Penny was she heck,shes just been shouting at me,do I care?do I hell its nice to get my own back for once!!
xx

Bless you, so do you have a nice relaxed day planned,with ear plugs of course,lol.
Cris and I were meant to go to that firework display too, but it didnt work out,not so down about it now.
I have been up all night ,with D&V, spent the night cuddled on my bathroom floor, not good, so I had better have a good loss this week.
Any news from serena,about her dad I mean.
Did Maria, love her hair?

ha ha i love the story its great,it just tells you,you have dunkirk spirit,you know its going to be tough but you stick it out because you said you were going and you bloody well went and got through it,i admire your balls,i bet you looked a sight when you got back all wet.you cheered me up ,i am not the only one that puts up with it cos we are here now lol.................

Hi,sorry to hear youve been ill like that Penny,hope youre feeling a bit better today,havent heard from serena hope shes ok,maria said she liked her hair she looked really nice and it did suit her.
Hi soola hope youre well,Im glad you liked my little tale of woe!!
Its really windy here horrible weather daughter and boyfriend going to firework display good luck to them!!
Heres to another good week girls
xx

Hello everyone

Thanks for all your good wishes. Got back from seeing my dad earlier today, he's gone into a confused state now, apparently this morning he thought he was in a boat (must have got seasick from being wheeled around the hospital in the bed!) and this afternoon when I saw him he thought he was in a hotel bless him. It's made me feel a lot better actually because I know when he does go he won't be scared about it because he doesn't know what's going on. He still recognised me though which was nice.

Anyway I hope you are all well. Penny hope you feel better soon, Julie hope you've warmed up! And hi to Soola and Debs. Has anyone heard how Ast is doing on her 2nd day?

Catch you all later and have a happy Monday xxx

Hi all.
The second day went fine.
I haven't cheated (although the bread did look tempting), I have had all my packs and I have had 3 liters of water. I still have this cold though but I am due to have the flu injection on Tuesday, would this be a bad idea if I still have the cold? On a plus note I probably wont notice any side effects when I go into ketosis as it will all feel like part of the cold.
Hope you get well soon Penny!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,seems everyones having a pretty tough time at the moment,really sorry about your dad serena,just hope you are ok stay strong hunny xx
Pennypoos hope you are feeling better today,those fireworks were at mersham they went but they said there was hardly anybody there and the wind was blowing the rockets over the road as cars were going past oops!!
Ast well done on resisting the bread,its so hard that first few days but its probably helping that you are ill...there has to be a bright side somewhere eh!!I may be wrong but..i dont think you can have the flu injection if you have a cold have you phoned to ask?you dont want a wasted journey,glad youre doing well with the diet.
Debs Hi,how are you doing?
Angie have you recovered from your birthday and being spoilt..have you had another look to see how much you've lost since last week?
I think we are all going to do well this week,I have lost 2 since thursday so I really hope I get 4 this week but you never know do you!!
xx

Back