***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

B*gger!!

1 SS+ day of chicken and salad....and i STS for the first time :(:(:( Not a happy bunny this week.

heres to a better one next week!

:vibes:

anni
xxxxxxx

Hi Anni

So are you on SS+ now? You will lose weight, I think your body just has to stabalise once you re-introduce food, even if its the green and white menu :)

Good luck xx

hi Team

how is everyone doing ?
Sorry to hear that anni , but next week you will see a result , so don't lose heart .
Well done Dean
How are you doing Kate , how is CD going .
Rach hope your ok too .
I have done so much walking today and yesterday , I must of walked for 3 hours just today , helping my son with his papers , after all why pay to work out lol
The sun is out now , its been breeze but nice .
Ok hope to get a loss this friday guys , bye for now

Hi Jackie-
sounds like you have done well with your walking :D well done!!

I have been pushed to the limit today - Dave is now my boot camp trainer, hehe, he has pushed me so hard today whilst out. We did interval trainging, toning exercises and jogging, I really enjoyed it but I am so achey now :( It will be worth it, lost 4lbs of my gain so far, so roll on Mondays weigh in :D

How is everything going Rach with the wedding plans will text u in a min.....

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Kate , Dave is doing a Good Job , Wow you have done alot too .
My feet are sore now , I have yet another two hours walking tonight to help my son with his papers , but he may have to put me in the trolley on the way home lol!!!!
4 LB down kate that is great and more to come for Monday , I know its not easy , its hard , I try not to look to far ahead cos it puts me off .
How are the wedding plans going ?
Hope everyone is doing well

Thanks Jackie....how did the paper round go tonight?

I am just taking it step by step, like you, it makes it easier doesn't it. My first aim is to get to 16.4 that will bring me to a 2 stone loss, long been on the cards for me.....afterwards, well I shall take it from there and see what my next mini goal is :D

Wedding plans are coming together nicely thank you :D We just have the rings to sort at the end of the month and then I think that is mainly it :D

How is everyone else doing?

xx

Hi Team

Kate , the paper round , Well I knew we had say 20 mins to go but felt I had to drag myself to get the rest done .
It is because the round is not on my son street so makes it harder .
but I guess I have to look at it that i'm better doing that than sitting at home .
I have a headache setting in I must be back to getting into K mode , up at 5AM today and drank alot of water .
That is a good idea Kate with the rings because once you do lose weight you fingers will too .
All so exciting these weddings , such a build up to the big day and you will have to have it filmed to look back on . Now there is a point wonderw here mine is from 1989 , not married now but be interseting to find it lol .
Yes just look at this small goals as if you see the whole thing it can be so hard .
I will say the same as you , long been on the cards for me too , but we have not gave up and I have thought about my slip ups and said i'm only delaying things and making this diet a long one .
I will have to learn self discipline strategies for controlling not to eat , find what triggers it off .
Come on Team where are you all :)))

I am reading my sisters boyfriends brothers book called , weight loss for food lovers
there is a bit that i can so relate too ......many people cannot lose weight simply because they love their food more than they love the idea of being slim ..... this is not particularly complicated ans comes down to which of these two competing wants is the strongest . if you love and want food more than you love and want to be slim then weight loss will simply not occur . for many people , being slim is really just a nice idea . so when push comes to shove and we need to say , NO thanks , all of a sudden being slim is not really that important to us
so i can relate too that ....

hi guys,
again, sorry i have been to distracted to come on here.
not doing so well with the diet this week, again.
all this stress is really getting to me and the wedding is ony 3 weeks away! i should be at the gym every night but instead on on the computer freaking out!
arghhhhhhhhhhhh

hi guys
not having a great time, call me Jonah!
It seems anything that can go wrong recently, does!
What with Gall bladder. Kidney stones etc etc, now the engine on my cab blew up - putting me off the road for what should hopefully be only a week. But still a massive inconvenience.
Trying to top that, I have been informed that I have to go to hospital to have a tube/camera put down my throat into my stomach to check for any inflamation/ulcers etc - then finally they are looking to operate to remove my gall bladder within the next 6 weeks, but must have a ultra sound beforehand to ensure that i need the op.
I have been told to eat this week by my doc to ensure that the hospital see my insides for real rather than falsly as when on cd.
This is giving me slight pain but if it works and i get the confirmation that i can have the gall bladder op, then it will all be worth it!
I hope you guys are all well.
Will be back on tomorrow, baring any further developments in my world.
Take care people
Dean

Oh No Dean!!! Thats rotten :(:( You are not carrying enough Lucky white heather around with you ;-(( poor thing. Hope eating helps rather than hinders your health. good luck.

I have a temperamental gallbladder myself and sometimes it plays up when i eat specific foods...i never could quite whittle it down to anything in particular.... until the other week. I started doing SS+ as i was feeling a bit stressed and wanted to try normal foods....Dh and i had dinner out and i headed to the salad bar! I made the huge, massive mistake of putting 4 bits of pasta onto my plate! Now, in CD world, this didnt help on the carb front, and as a consequence, i was in agony all night with my gallbladder. Then, the other day we were out again, this time plain chicken salad for me.... but naughty me stole a half slice of DH's garlic bread (you would have thought i had learned my lesson!!) But, the band of pain again that night, i was up for 2 hours taking painkillers trying to curb the pain.

So..... i learned a lot over the space of 2 weeks! CD for me should be 100%! it completely explains coming out of ketosis and not having lost any weight. And now im worried i have a wheat intolerance, and have only noticed it due to CD. :(

I am so annoyed at myself as i found the diet so hard for the first couple of weeks.... then easy peasy until the last 3 weeks or so, then struggled....but im glad to say its been back to 100% SS for me. Im not in pain, im not hungry anymore, im back in ketosis and feeling better! I guess i created a rod for my own back.

I am fully sympathetic with everyone, its a hard diet to do and any life stress just makes it more and more difficult to get a grip of. I hope Rach, you have wedding stuff sorted out as its a stress you really dont want. I stressed with even the simplest things when i was organising my wedding.

Kate - can i borrow Boot-Camp Dave??? a 4lb loss would be great this week! Hope you are doing well.

Im off to badminton tonight, then heading to the gym for an hour - hopefully that should help get me back on track!

Thinking about you all.

Anni :vibes:
xxxx

Hi Guys.

Dean I am sorry to hear about your pains :( but you must do what the doctor says so they can help you to the best of their ability.

Well I weighed myself this am and weighed the same, why has no more come off yet, maybe TOTM :( anyway, I got up at 6.15am and went for a walk/jog with Major Dave up to the beacon, a lot of uphill obviously, but I managed to jog most the way back and part way up and burnt 800 calories :D

Hope everyone else is okay and doing well.

Kate xx

Poor Dean , seems like CD must go on hold now , don't worry just try and keep off what you have lost , that means step away from the bacon buttys this is not a chance to say you can have one lol joking mate .
Ok I fess up , I keep doing say 3 too 4 good days then I blow it , I have to say now if this keeps on I must make a choice i'm messing with CD and the only way i'm going to get to Goal is to keep going 100% with NO cheats . So lets see what happens .
Yes Dave come to hertfordshire I need you too ;-))
Who watches biggest loser ? I did see some of it but HAD to do them all dinner so really didn't see how much they had lost .
Well full of cold , nose was streaming all night , so maybe it might make me not want to eat .
Anni how are you now , I know its not easy when you see the foods looking at you and you eat them and you get upset tummy , I also had an upset tummy and well won't say what happened , but it don't pay to do CD 100% and then eat some food , ops bottom burps that follow ...... huh right now how are you all ? :))
I wonder Team if we can get 100% CD in ? Lets try ok
Bye FOR NOW

Jackie- I have been the same :( but I am going to try really hard I now only have 16 weeks until the big day so I have to get a grip. If I can do intensive exercise training with Dave and as much SS as poss with the occasional chicken salad or fish for protein boosts the better because yesterday I managed to jog for 1.5 miles plus back most of the way after a good hr rest down at the beach :) but nevertheless, I did it :D so if I carry on doing all this good exercise with good eating I can't fail to lose and tone up, which I have to do....I will not be this size when I get married!!!

I WILL NOT BE THIS SIZE WHEN I GET MARRIED!!!!

I hope everyone else is okay? Dean, r u feeling any better now? Anni- how did the gym go? Rachel- I hope your going well with your eating and maintaining your stress levels :D Lots of love to you all!!

xxxx

Team 19- Fat Guys Slim- 2 members this week only - group results is 0.24% and biggest loser is myself with 0.64%
Cheers Kate x

Thats fighting talk Kate , I will not be this weight, when i get married , yes I can see you really are going to fight it !
I have been good so far today and its now 5:10pm .
Well done kate on the biggest loser .
My family I have not said i'm back on CD as its negative subject so today they said we never see you eat I thought either way I can't win with them .
But all I can do is go on a daily seeing if I can make it hoping to go to bed saying I did it , which I think might just happen .
Kate 16 weeks you will do well in that time, dave is really helping you , give that guy a hug ! :)

;) SHHHHHHHHHH its oh so quiet in here!!!

Where is everyone?? How is everyone doing?

Been a busy week for me at work, been doing well though (albeit had an ss+ day for hubbys 40th birthday dinner out) Now off to the swimming pool with thekids - i havent been in a swimsuit for about 8 years, so not looking forward to it ; :(:( But, its not about me, its for the kids and i cant stop everything for the sake of it.

hope we are all having a good weekend.... are we in the weekly challenge??

take care
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all!!

Well what a quiet week- I apologise for not having been on for a few days I have been on 13 hr days since wed and absolutely shattered when I get in.

There will be no results today as only Anni has lost- but I will say a big well done to you Anni, 4lb loss well done you!!

Jackie- your sheet hasn't been updated since april, please can you keep it up to date

Hope all is well with everyone else?!???

Cheers

xx

HI guys
Sorry I havent been around, been getting bad stomach pains again. Am now booked in for this Saturday to have a camera put down my throat into my stomach, URRRRRGHHHH!
Then I was told that my gall bladder op should be within the next 4 weeks, but have been told since that its going to be in a bupa hospital which I have just today found out that my consultant didnt know anything about and isnt happy with it as the bupa place have been given 18 weeks to do the op, my consultant isnt happy.
So I am now awaiting a call to find out exactly what they are doing with my life!
Until I know for definate, everything weight wise is on hold as I have to come off cd 3 weeks before any op, and they have told me that even though they say within 18 weeks, I could get a call to tell me that its happening within a week.
Should be clearer after I get this call.
I really hope that all you guys are well, sorry again that I havent been about.
Take care guys
Dean

Hi Team , where are you all hiding , come on out with you all ....
Well i'm back on track with CD its now day 13 for me , today I have been feeling tired and headachy , also yesterday was unwell too , so lets hope i'm over it saturday .
Dean i'm sorry to hear that you have to take time out from CD but must make sure you get this sorted out before you return . anni kate how are you doing ? Rach how are you doing ?
Whats everyones plan for bank hol ?
Kate , is hubby to be working you hard , not to hard I hope , ok i'll check in to see how the team is soon xx

Back