Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

I have just started of my photo album. :eek:

I've set it to "contacts and moderators only" so I assume that means anyone on my friends list can see it.

It's a rather embarrassing photo, but hopefully I can laugh about it in 6 months time. :(

The picture is fine Mat - nothing to be embarrassed about at all. You are brave to put it up and it will be a great visual record for you. I wish that I was that brave!

The picture is fine Mat - nothing to be embarrassed about at all. You are brave to put it up and it will be a great visual record for you. I wish that I was that brave!

Thanks Fraggle. I've hardly let anyone take a photo of me for years, nevermind post one on the internet. I didn't really want to post it, but I think showing it may encourage me even more, as looking at it makes me sad and I have to do something about it. :cry:

Hi guys....just wanted to float an idea amongst you lovely people.......what would you guys think of team 23 'twinning' with team 22. Most of us seem to know peeps from team 22 and they all started recently as well. I'm not suggesting that we combine the teams - the friendly rivalry is good fun - but maybe sharing a thread (perhaps a step too far?) or something else ? but it might be nice to find a way to show a closeness between the 2 teams ?

Hi everyone :D how are you all doing today. I managed to spend nearly an hour in the car with my hubby as he munched through a massive bag of popcorn and I controled myself. I also cooked Sunday lunch and again (with great difficulty) didn't to put any of it in my mouth:wave_cry:

I am really struggling with the food today. For some reason I have felt really nauseas after taking both the porridge and shake and I am anxious about eating my third one. But I recognise after only having two on both Friday and Saturday, I am not giving myself the necessary nutrients.:sigh:

Frantastic, I hear you on the struggling to have your meals thing. Some days I have found it harder than others and just had to force it down. Friday and Saturday I only had 2 shakes :ashamed0005:, due to being out and about....thankfully I bought tetras from my cdc so I should be able to have one if I am out instead of skipping.

Good afternoon team!

Hope everyone is well and woohoo!! We Won!!! :p

Especially well done to Fraggle too!!

Aussieraquel, you have had a loss, that is the main thing and TOTM will have an impact too so don't be disheartened, we are all here to support each other! Did your cdc take your measurements? You may well have lost inches....

I'm pleased to say I made it through the weekend unscathed, managed to sit through my husband eating a take away and then sweets at the cinema. :eek:

I also joined a new gym on Saturday for ladies only so I'm getting stuck into that to make sure I tone as I go along, they've put me on a low impact programme while I'm on CD but they are being very supportive which is fab!!

Feeling really positive at the moment and cannot wait to get to goal!!

How's everyone else doing? Mat are you coping ok in your first few days?

Hey LizzieLocket

Thanks for the comments, unfortunately my CDC has not taken my measurements, however I must admit although I am only on day 8 I do feel better in my clothes, and I really think I have lost some of that bloated look I had going on. But I will soon see in a couple of weeks when I weigh in after my half term break :eek:

Well done for sitting through a takeaway and sweet eating over the weekend, thats a huge achievement and one you should be really proud of :hug99:

Glad to hear you joined a gym and the gym people are supportive about CD! I have a gym membership but have not gone in the last week due to being on CD. I'm slightly worried about exercising and burning off calories, because we hardly have any in the first place. Does anyone know the science behind a low calorie diet and exercising, are we safely able to do this????

Hi everyone :D how are you all doing today. I managed to spend nearly an hour in the car with my hubby as he munched through a massive bag of popcorn and I controled myself. I also cooked Sunday lunch and again (with great difficulty) didn't to put any of it in my mouth:wave_cry:

I am really struggling with the food today. For some reason I have felt really nauseas after taking both the porridge and shake and I am anxious about eating my third one. But I recognise after only having two on both Friday and Saturday, I am not giving myself the necessary nutrients.:sigh:

I used to feel really nauseous each time I had a shake/tetra/soup. One thing I found that helped me was to make sure I had drunk water before hand and to alternate mouthfuls of shake etc with water. I think I remembering reading somewhere that some people feel nauseous as a result of the concentration or protein / vitamins hitting an empty stomach.

Hopefully this helps *big hugs*

Hey LizzieLocket

Thanks for the comments, unfortunately my CDC has not taken my measurements, however I must admit although I am only on day 8 I do feel better in my clothes, and I really think I have lost some of that bloated look I had going on. But I will soon see in a couple of weeks when I weigh in after my half term break :eek:

Well done for sitting through a takeaway and sweet eating over the weekend, thats a huge achievement and one you should be really proud of :hug99:

Glad to hear you joined a gym and the gym people are supportive about CD! I have a gym membership but have not gone in the last week due to being on CD. I'm slightly worried about exercising and burning off calories, because we hardly have any in the first place. Does anyone know the science behind a low calorie diet and exercising, are we safely able to do this????

You can exercise but should only do as much as you feel comfortable with. The first couple of weeks you are unlikely to do anywhere near as much as you would normally be able to do.

I used to feel really nauseous each time I had a shake/tetra/soup. One thing I found that helped me was to make sure I had drunk water before hand and to alternate mouthfuls of shake etc with water. I think I remembering reading somewhere that some people feel nauseous as a result of the concentration or protein / vitamins hitting an empty stomach.

Hopefully this helps *big hugs*

Now I think of it, my CDC did say to have a big glass of water b4, however when I feel like I am drinking all the time I forget!

Day 8 for me.....and I must say I found today really tough. Temptations have were everywhere, someones bday so the staffroom was choc full of goodies (literally).

I know that I was not hungry but mentally I wanted some! Tonight I felt I was so close to binging I had to tell myself it was just thoughts, that I wasnt really hungry, that the food wouldnt make me feel any better. And that I want to lose the weight and fit into topshop and H&M clothes nicely. I sorta had to talk myself around! Am I the only one who has felt like this???

To combat this I just drank more water and as soon as I got home logged into this forum for motivation!

Would love to hear how everyone else went today

How is everyone today ? :)

Doing great thanks Fraggle. Day 5 and I am feeling excellent. Did a bit better with my water in take yesterday and I think I'm feeling the benefits of it.

How are you doing?

Water is definitely the key :) Unfortunately, I woke up feeling hungry today and all I can think about is food, so am trying desperately to keep my mind off it :(

Hey, less of that talk young lady!! :whoopass:

You don't want to go and spoil your tremendous loss so far. :patback:

:sign0151:
Pirates

Where is everyone? :)

:8855:
pirates are here

Back