Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is keeping well?

Still managing to keep on the straight and narrow, although I am feeling a bit down about it at the moment. Can't believe I lost 4.5 stone on CD in 2007 and managed to put it all back on again so have put myself back to square one again. I'm really missing eating this weekend but I'm determined to stay strong!

I have a manic week at work with a 16 hour day tomorrow so I have my tetra's ready to go and my water bottles chilling in the fridge ready for my early start!

I do have a dilemma though which I hope someone can advise me on *** Warning - mention of food coming up *** We have a family dinner next saturday that was originally planned for a steak house place, so I was happy to have chicken and green salad, no problem. However, the venue has now been changed to a chinese!!! My MIL knows I am on the diet and that I was happy to go to the previous venue as I could eat to suit the diet. What the hell am I going to do at a chinese?!! Is there anything even remotely healthy on a chinese menu?!! I don't have the option of not going and don't particularly want to draw attention to myself by not eating - can anyone offer any ideas?? :cry:

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is keeping well?

Still managing to keep on the straight and narrow, although I am feeling a bit down about it at the moment. Can't believe I lost 4.5 stone on CD in 2007 and managed to put it all back on again so have put myself back to square one again. I'm really missing eating this weekend but I'm determined to stay strong!

I have a manic week at work with a 16 hour day tomorrow so I have my tetra's ready to go and my water bottles chilling in the fridge ready for my early start!

I do have a dilemma though which I hope someone can advise me on *** Warning - mention of food coming up *** We have a family dinner next saturday that was originally planned for a steak house place, so I was happy to have chicken and green salad, no problem. However, the venue has now been changed to a chinese!!! My MIL knows I am on the diet and that I was happy to go to the previous venue as I could eat to suit the diet. What the hell am I going to do at a chinese?!! Is there anything even remotely healthy on a chinese menu?!! I don't have the option of not going and don't particularly want to draw attention to myself by not eating - can anyone offer any ideas?? :cry:

Lizzylocket why don't you try doing what I did when I had to go out with work colleagues a week ago. I rang up the restaurant in advance and just told them that I was on a very restrictive diet for helath reasons. We went through their menu and the chef agreed to cater for me. So I ate along with my colleagues and didn't feel like a freak.

What about a dry stir fry chicken with two types of vegetables like broccoli and mushrooms (excuse my spelling :eek:). There's no harm in giving it ago. Lol:)

Congratulations on being the winning team this week

Irene xx

IreneH thank you for the good news. Well team we've done it again :eek::8855:. This really is mission slimpossible:D. Let's keep up the good work ;)

I think I'll give that a go frantastic - thank you! Will call MIL this evening to get the number and make her feel bad for changing the venue in the process!!! :p

The thing that I'm most frustrated about is that she called to check that I'd be ok with the original venue as she knows I'm back on cd!!

On a more positive note - WELL DONE AGAIN TEAM!!!!! :D

I think I'll give that a go frantastic - thank you! Will call MIL this evening to get the number and make her feel bad for changing the venue in the process!!! :p

The thing that I'm most frustrated about is that she called to check that I'd be ok with the original venue as she knows I'm back on cd!!

On a more positive note - WELL DONE AGAIN TEAM!!!!! :D

Lizzylocket go for it. If it was a deliberate change to test your resolve you prove that you are both determined to stick to CD and join the rest of the family in having a good time :cool:.

Thanks Irene and well done everyone. I thought maybe I should have added the 0.3lb that I lost, as it was actually 12.3lb. But I decided to round it down. It would have made me the Biggest Loser this week by 0.03%, but I think Oisin deserves it. :)

I can only suggest what frantastic has already suggested about your meal Lizzylocket. Hopefully it's something you can sort out with them in advance. I was thinking about a Chinese on Friday, so I had Oriental Chilli soup. Somehow it wasn't quite the same.

Thanks frantastic! I am so glad I'm part of a team now, if I didn't have that to hang onto, I probably would have given in and had the blasted meal next weekend!!

That's not going to happen, we need to stay the winning team!!

Thanks Irene and well done everyone. I thought maybe I should have added the 0.3lb that I lost, as it was actually 12.3lb. But I decided to round it down. It would have made me the Biggest Loser this week by 0.03%, but I think Oisin deserves it. :)

I can only suggest what frantastic has already suggested about your meal Lizzylocket. Hopefully it's something you can sort out with them in advance. I was thinking about a Chinese on Friday, so I had Oriental Chilli soup. Somehow it wasn't quite the same.
Know what you mean about the soup mat - it's not the same is it?!! :p You did well to eat it though, that's one of the soups I don't get on with!!

Thanks frantastic! I am so glad I'm part of a team now, if I didn't have that to hang onto, I probably would have given in and had the blasted meal next weekend!!

That's not going to happen, we need to stay the winning team!!

That's the spirit!! :D

:kissass::kissass::happy096::talk017::talk017::wow::winner::winner::winner::kissass2::kissass2::party0019::party0023::party0016:

WELL DONE

GO TEAM 22

BUT WILL BEAT YA ALL NEXT WEEK LOL:8855:

Where is everybody?!! :hmm: It's really quiet on here at the moment!

I'm still managing to stay on track, have had to bring my weigh in forward to tomorrow as I can't get to see my cdc now due to work getting in the way!

Stupidly weighed myself this morning and I seem to have stayed the same, which I'm not overly impressed about. Will see what happens tomorrow when I'm weighed in, surely after 5 days I should have lost 1lb?!

How's everyone else getting on??

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I’m doing fine thanks Lizzylocket. Don’t worry about what the scales are telling you, it’s the bigger picture that’s important. You may have lost a few inches. I’m sure you are still heading in the right direction and that is the main thing.

I’m a bit concerned about Fraggle, as her weigh in day is a Monday and we haven’t heard from her. I hope you are okay Fraggle. Let us know please?

I've changed my CDC. Mainly because my parents are going to be doing CD as well. I found one a little closer who also seems a bit more knowledgeable and thorough. I was also a bit concerned because my initial CDC is expecting a baby in May and then relocating in July. My weigh in day will be changing to Thursdays, which isn’t a big deal.

Hey everyone, Im new here, found the site when looking into the diet and am now in my third week, started 2nd Feb. I admit first few days is hard, the hunger and zero energy, I HATED the water, lived on cola most my life haha, so drinking water was difficult and makes me sick, even in week 3 now Im finding it hard, have just under 4 pints a day, cant manage more. Hunger goes after first few days but this past two days felt a bit poorly and in need of food, still SS-ing so considering moving into SS+ next week to normalise it somewhat, Lost 7lbs first week and 5lbs 2nd week, get weighed for week 3 this friday....am hoping for 14lbs hahahaha, but still, its a long way to go and you have to do it right.

That 14stone in a day Peter Kay joke springs to mind though :p , So inspiring hearing all you guys chatting about the diet, my starting its been a long time coming, was always a slim size 8-10 and past few years ballooned from PCOS and was so depressed,I admire larger ladies with confidence unfortunately I had none, my personality is life and soul of the party but not in looks and I realised I dont want this anymore so kicked my own backside into gear and thought CD is a kick start to a new beginning, I have hormonal problems with makes it difficult to lose weight by most methods and though CD seemed extreme I was prepared to try it.

So far Im TRYING to stay motivated, so far so good, never dieted before though so little difficult. But what I DID realise is my eating habits were stupid, Id eat cereal at breakfast, then drink glass of cola then wait 12hrs and have a ready made meal, not that bad calorie wise but from having PCOS my weight ballooned despite my diet being the same when I was slim, finally diagnosed as to why and now doing this made me realise even then I was not healthy, the three meals a day was good. Id already destroyed my system as a child with eating problems and anorexia and was now at other extreme.

So now what I learnt is I sometimes ate out of boredom and when emotional, I didnt eat enough (ironically haha) I didnt eat properly at right times and my biggest issue was my faddy eating, Id find things I liked and stick to them, day in day out, was fussy as hell on trying new things, so was stuck in silly routines. But now doing this the cravings are absurd haha, I see stupid foods on tv or on supermarkets id never dream of eating and find myself thinking "oh I could just eat egg and soldiers" when in my routine it would never enter my head, so one thing I can say CD has done so far in just 3weeks as opened my eyes to my eating habits, breaking them, and opening my mind to healthier eating once im off it, trying new things and not sticking in silly fad routines once more.

So thats my CD experience so far, I see many of you started at same time but not many explain their realisations. It might be a hard to stay motivated diet but it certainly fixes the outlook on foods, thats for sure. Hope to keep it up and hope you guys do with yours too. All a learning experience haha.

As for the foods, Well Im fussy there (no change yet haha), only like Choc/Strawberry Shakes, Porridge is ok (its kind of like semolina), and tried 3bars this week, they are ok, makes a change to chew something rather than all liquids, tried the orange water flavouring also (awful....tasted like andrews powder) was gutted about that as was hoping itd be nice as am finding the water Hugely difficult. But still, taking it week by week so I can push myself until end of week at least and hopefully will continue.

So Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I’m doing fine thanks Lizzylocket. Don’t worry about what the scales are telling you, it’s the bigger picture that’s important. You may have lost a few inches. I’m sure you are still heading in the right direction and that is the main thing.

I’m a bit concerned about Fraggle, as her weigh in day is a Monday and we haven’t heard from her. I hope you are okay Fraggle. Let us know please?

I've changed my CDC. Mainly because my parents are going to be doing CD as well. I found one a little closer who also seems a bit more knowledgeable and thorough. I was also a bit concerned because my initial CDC is expecting a baby in May and then relocating in July. My weigh in day will be changing to Thursdays, which isn’t a big deal.

Good to hear from you mat, seems like we're the only 2 here at the moment!:wave_cry:

Sounds like you've made a good move by swapping cdc's, at least you know you're with this one until you get to goal so won't get sidetracked!

I went for my weigh in today 2 days early and I have lost 2lbs and 1 inch which I'm happy with, just 2lb away from a stone which I would probably have hit had I been able to stick to my normal weigh in day of Friday.

My cdc has also put my mind at ease about the meal I have to go to at the weekend, she's told me what to eat and made me feel a bit better about it all so I'm starting to come out of my grumpy mood - my husband will be pleased!! :D

I know aussieraquel is away for the week but any news fraggle or frantastic - where are you?????

That's great that you lost an inch and 2lb is still very good considering you weighed in a day early. You've lost more inches than me so far. I am weighing in tomorrow, also a day early.

Hopefully we will hear from Fraggle and frantastic soon, or we won't be forwarding any results this week. I'm starting to feel like it's all falling apart already. :(

Hi guys.......

Sorry I've not been around....I have not been having a great time this week...and have gotten off track in a number of areas including CD:( ....

Am starting to pull myself back together though and will be back doing SS on Monday.

Im so sorry to have let you all down and hope I can still stay in the team :(

:cry:

Hi guys.......

Sorry I've not been around....I have not been having a great time this week...and have gotten off track in a number of areas including CD:( ....

Am starting to pull myself back together though and will be back doing SS on Monday.

No need for apologies and you haven't let anyone down. It's not about winning every week, it's more about us being here for each other. Not all the time obviously, but when we can be. Sorry to hear that you haven't had a very good week, but hopefully the weekend will lead you into a better things next week. :patback:

Hi guys.......

Hey fraggle, please don't feel down, you haven't let the team down. We are all here to support each other through the good times and the bad. :hug99:

Come back on when you feel ready and we'll be here to help you back on your ss journey!

Back