Team 30 **The Meltaways**

Our results have been submitted for this week.

Well done Swifty on being this weeks biggest loser for the team xxx

:happy096: Well done Claire!! The first Meltaway Biggest Loser!!

Well Done!!!! :happy096: Keep up the good work. xx

PS, Lisa I have updated my pics if you want a peek. I didnt realise how much id lost. I think the pics have motivated me a bit. Glad I did it. x

Hola Ladies!!

How's everyone's Sunday been? I have done absolutely nothing all day, spent far too much time on eBay looking for cheap furniture (moving to unfurnished house soon).

I've also been experimenting with the 'recipes' for foodpacks. Made oriental chilli crisps today and am already rather partial to choc muffins. Has anyone else tried making the mousse? I tried it when I first started and didn't like it, but read today that if you make one from a tetra pack they're nicer. Hmm. Not sure if I fancy wasting a tetra if it mings! Anyone else tried that??

Hope you've all had great weekends

Lisa xxx

PS Becky, I couldn't see your photos. I clicked on the photo gallery next to your avatar, but there was no photos displayed. Am I doing it wrong?

Hey Lisa, I think its under profile albums, not the one below, try clicking the top link. If you cant see it let me know.

I love ebay nut you can lose hours on it, id love my own place, feel like I will be living with my mum forever! :(

What is it about the mousse you dont like? I like the mousse but the first few times I made it was horrible and lumpy. To avoid the lumps I mix it in with the powder then put it in the water. I dont like the tetras as they have a funny flavour.

What recipies have you been doing? Are they low carb/cambridge ones ones? x

Ah, I don't think I've got permission to access those ones. Maybe I need to post some more to unlock it??

It was the lumpiness of the mousse I couldn't stand. Do you mix it by hand and then add the water? On the recipe section there's a step by step guide to making them more palatable so will give that a go at some point.

Recipe wise, the ones that I've been doing are all with the packs so hopefully still keeping SS! The crisps I made with the oriental chilli soup, they were actually really yummy but quite salty. I made the muffins with the choc/mint, choc/orange shakes. I save a little bit of the powder and then make it into a chocolate topping. Really is very nice! I've been visiting my parents over the weekend and my Dad made a muffin for me with the plain choc shake yesterday - I swear it actually tasted like a normal muffin! Sort of....

There seems to be controversy about making crisps and muffins with the packs as some people say you remove the nutrients when you do that. But I figure that I'm on four packs a day so getting lots of nutrients from the three normal shakes I have.

Hope it all pans out OK at weigh in tomorrow though and I haven't messed with any potential weight loss by experimenting with packs....! :fingerscrossed:

Muffins! I feel like im seriously missing out here. Where was the recipe, can you put the link on here! Id give it a go.

I dont know why you ant see my pics then, I have it so anyone can look at them. I will go through my profile again and see if I need to shange anything.

I sooo want a muffin now!lol! x

To answer your question about the mousse. I put the pack of shake power in a cup, add the level spoon of mousse mix, mix both powders together. then add it to 250mls water and blend for a minute with a hand blender. No lumps and its nice. like Angel Delight but a bit heavier. Try it like that.

PS. Thanks for the link, ill read it mad let you know if I give it a go or not.

PPS, do the muffins rise, or is that a silly question!lol! x

Cool! Will give that a go tomorrow when I get some more chocolate type packs.

The muffins do rise quite a bit, but then sink again. I suppose they double in height in total. If you do them right, they really are quite light and fluffy. And I definitely recommend the 'topping' as that makes them sweeter.

xx

Hope everyone's well and had a good weekend!

Just had a look at those recipes, might give them a try. I need something to keep me going until I go away on Wednesday as i'm kind of on holiday mode now and finding it hard to stick to :( Hopefully something different will keep me motivated!

I couldn't get the mousse right either, kept being all lumpy and yuck. My CDC is going to make it for me for next time I go for a WI, and show me how she does it.

Right, i'm off to play word association so that I have enough posts to look at photos!

You will soon rack up them posts Claire.

Lisa be sure to let us know how you do at your WI! Good Luck!

How is everyone doing. I have been OK. I think im used to living off this diet now as I rarely get really hungry. If I do its only really late at night when I should be sleping anyway. I have been drinking lots of water and I have cut down on the carbonated drinks.

If I do feel hungry I just drink lots of water and it does the trick. How do you all cope? x

Hello! Well, had my WI and have lost 9 pounds (but have been on CD for 2 weeks). Considering that I had my blip last week, I though that was pretty good. My CDC seemed a little disappointed and asked me if I was drinking enough water etc. Ah well. Hoping for a good weight loss next week as am currently TOTM and apparently that can have quite a difference. Also was allowed to buy bars!! Had the cranberry one tonight and it is soooooo nice!

Does anyone else eat the bars? Or do they slow up your weight loss? I wonder.

Becky - I'm also trying to drink water whenever I'm hungry! Works most of the time. Failing that, I go to bed early. Am such an old woman sometimes! Thanks for letting me know about the posts, will endeavour to post some more to reach the magic fifty....

Anyway, hope everyone is OK.

Lise xxx

Lisa, I think 9 pounds in 2 weeks is GREAT! Especially with TOTM. I wonder why your CDC was disappointed? Seems odd with such a good loss. Well done you, I hope mine's as good as I have my first WI tomorrow.

Does anyone else feel like me? I'm not craving food AT ALL, I never think about it, I'm never hungry. It's like a new me. I want to be like this all the time! I know it's because of ketosis, which I've been in before on other diets but it feels different this time? Must be the special CD formula!

I miss social event type eating and obviously having a few drinks but other than that I feel completely 'free' from thinking about food all the time. What does it mean? Am I a sugar addict?!

Morning Girls,

Hope everyone is ok and doing well.

Been a bit quiet for a few days as I've had an assignment due in for my course and been really busy at work.

At least being busy stops me thinking about food lol.

Lisa well done on your loss!! thats fab.

I do have the bars but I tend to just break off a chunk and eat it as I need it. I go for the peanut ones as I found the chocolate and orange ones make me a bit windy :ashamed0005:. I haven't really noticed a slow down in loss due to them.

xxx

Hiya,

I sometimes have the bars but not all the time, im the same though no change in weight loss. If you look at the packs only some of the bars are higher in carbs than the shakes (mainly the chewey ones).

I cant stand the peanut one, really made me feel sick, im sure it tasted like marmite.lol! I like chocolate, cranberry and orange. Taste is individual though, I didnt like the bananna or choc orange shakes at first and now they are my favourite. x

Hi girls!

Off on holiday tomorrow morning, so won't be around till next week. So excited but a little bit nervous about how much weight I might end up putting on, but i'm not gonna let that worry ruin my holiday!

Hope you have a great week of losses!

Claire xx

I hope you have a fab holiday, try not to worry about weight etc. Its your hols just enjoy yourself. x

Thanks everyone!

Well, I have now established that I cannot have bars - after eating a whole week's worth over the last two days. I think they've woken up all kinds of chocolate cravings in me! So have to go :cry: I think what I'll probably do is just have one on a WI day as a weekly treat!

Is a shame as I was doing really well and established myself happily on the shakes. I think that it was just too soon! Maybe I can trust myself in a month or so....

So did everyone have a nice day today? I hope so. I had a busy day at work, plus am still madly trying to sort out moving house next week. Will be very glad when it's all sorted!

Claire - hope you have a lovely holiday!!!

Lisa xx

Back