Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

:thankyou: to be honest was saying ti more to myself than the others but what the heck we all need a kick sometimes and im a little pissed off that im stuck in just got pic message of friend and they look like their having great time but ill have the last laugh whan im a size 12 with a body to die for lol well i can dream

boo hoo to them that are out.....they'll be hungover in the morning, we'll be fresh as daisies :giggle: (and slimmer)

boo hoo to them that are out.....they'll be hungover in the morning, we'll be fresh as daisies :giggle: (and slimmer)

very true and im going shoooooopppppppppping with hubbys credit tomorrow too woohoooo well hes in bed dieing with the drink hehehehe:D

very true and im going shoooooopppppppppping with hubbys credit tomorrow too woohoooo well hes in bed dieing with the drink hehehehe:D

What day is your offical weigh in day...do you get your CDC to weigh you ?

Hows the water intake going ?....I find the more water I drink, the more weight I lose ( i flavour my water, I can get about 4litres into me when I flavour, compared to struggling with 2litres without flavour)

its ment to be thursday but this wk for some reason cdc has change it too friday
my water intake is fab always has been
i did really well when i first started cd i lost 25lbs in 5 wks but with everything that was going on found it hard to stick too but i will do it this time

its ment to be thursday but this wk for some reason cdc has change it too friday
my water intake is fab always has been
i did really well when i first started cd i lost 25lbs in 5 wks but with everything that was going on found it hard to stick too but i will do it this time

how long ago was your first attempt at CD, and did you keep the 25lb off...wow thats nearly 2 stone.

sorry for asking, but is this your first restart week (i'm a bit slow on the 'ol memory today)

Hello Ladies,

Can't believe I missed the late night chat!

BB - love this
"Small sacrifices for short periods equal long term happiness" - my mantra has been very similar to this ('forgoe this short term pleasure for the ultimate longterm gain of healthier mind and body') when the weekends are dragging by and can't wait to get my toosh back to work on Monday. So this weekend I have to wait until Tuesday!!

I had a good 'mental' session with myself last night writing down where I want to be in 10-12 weeks and how I want to do this nearly 100% (no-one's perfect :eek:) One thing I've pledged to myself and now to you 5 is NO MORE CHEWING GUM. I think this is bad news for me as I don't just have one piece and on with my day.... no I have a whole pack every lunchtime! It's like my meal......

I go to this park at lunchtime to read a paper, drink my shake then munch through a pack of chewy....:eek:.... have started to get paranoid about the people in the building overlooking the park called me 'gum girl'....:D Anyway I think this a silly behaviour and I'd like to nip it in the bud so now I've admitted it to someone that's half the problem solved!

Hope you girlies are well today. My friends cancelled on me for Alton Towers and they've gone to Weymouth for the weekend..... and didn't invite me :( - I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation but I feel a bit deflated.... I suppose I have other friends but had I've known this I could have made other plans too.... feeling a bit 'F%$* you' about it :mad:

So anyway off to write out a new plan for the weekend.... sorry for the essay!

Well first of all im havin a party tomoz cus there blowing up the cooling towers in sheffield and u can see it from my house so havin loads of ppl round that will be drinking and stuffing there faces lol and then on monday im going on holiday and its all inclusive.

Hi Chalak - love the sound of blowing things up! Great idea to have a party but yes that's going to test your resolve.. so make sure you have sparkly water on hand and save a pack until right before the party.

As for the all included hol... gee that's gonna be tough! Maybe you could have a 'planned' 810 week and just have the dinner each day? Going in with a plan is going to be your best defence! Have fun and look forward to hearing how it goes.

how long ago was your first attempt at CD, and did you keep the 25lb off...wow thats nearly 2 stone.

sorry for asking, but is this your first restart week (i'm a bit slow on the 'ol memory today)

its was abiut 6 weeks ago and ive been trying ever since to get bk on the plan with no luck and no i didnt keep it all off about 12lbs off so not too bad well yeh it is thats why im in hiding this weekend lol

morning girlies and how r we what plans u got for today?

i was ment to be going shopping but im going to go swimming instead later and hide again tonight think ill crack if i go shopping because im starving and im not going to blowit this time

Hi Chalak - love the sound of blowing things up! Great idea to have a party but yes that's going to test your resolve.. so make sure you have sparkly water on hand and save a pack until right before the party.

As for the all included hol... gee that's gonna be tough! Maybe you could have a 'planned' 810 week and just have the dinner each day? Going in with a plan is going to be your best defence! Have fun and look forward to hearing how it goes.

Hi, i did think about just doing ss+ for the week im away but im really gunna try and stick to ss i suppose if it does get to much then i will add a meal and that shouldnt afftect my weight loss. hopefully lol

I got into a pair of size 12's

:eek: Last weekend I decided to spend every Saturday trying on old clothes to get an idea of where I am at (I don't have many anyway as I moved from overseas this time last year and have been frugal with buying new ones but have had to due to escalating weight).

Anyway I brought over with me a pair of Size 12:eek: Table Eight (I think this is an Oz brand) tailored shorts that were tight even then but figured I'd slim back into (instead I fatted right out of them very quickly- heathrow injection they call it;)).

So, I tried them on last Saturday and they got past my butt, but could not pull the sides together in any fashion to do zip or buttons up..... so hung them on my door as inspiration and decided I'd get into them in a month but tried again this morning and they do up - ALL THE WAY!! Granted I wouldn't wear out of the house yet as I have a bit of muffin but might be able to wear to a baby shower next weekend :) CHUFFED to pieces!

Going to go shopping tomorrow for a new top & shoes to wear with them.

Anyway I am NOT a size 12 - I think this brand are more like a 14. BUT what that means is I am out of my 16's almost for good (which I suspected as my work ones are close to losing grip) so tried on both size 14 jeans and they also fit although will wait another week before leaving the house in them!

Whoopeeeee - hope everyone else having a great day!!

:eek: Last weekend I decided to spend every Saturday trying on old clothes to get an idea of where I am at (I don't have many anyway as I moved from overseas this time last year and have been frugal with buying new ones but have had to due to escalating weight).

Anyway I brought over with me a pair of Size 12:eek: Table Eight (I think this is an Oz brand) tailored shorts that were tight even then but figured I'd slim back into (instead I fatted right out of them very quickly- heathrow injection they call it;)).

So, I tried them on last Saturday and they got past my butt, but could not pull the sides together in any fashion to do zip or buttons up..... so hung them on my door as inspiration and decided I'd get into them in a month but tried again this morning and they do up - ALL THE WAY!! Granted I wouldn't wear out of the house yet as I have a bit of muffin but might be able to wear to a baby shower next weekend :) CHUFFED to pieces!

Going to go shopping tomorrow for a new top & shoes to wear with them.

Anyway I am NOT a size 12 - I think this brand are more like a 14. BUT what that means is I am out of my 16's almost for good (which I suspected as my work ones are close to losing grip) so tried on both size 14 jeans and they also fit although will wait another week before leaving the house in them!

Whoopeeeee - hope everyone else having a great day!!

lol thats great hun i wud go shopping too for new shoes and top and bet u look fab next week in them

its was abiut 6 weeks ago and ive been trying ever since to get bk on the plan with no luck and no i didnt keep it all off about 12lbs off so not too bad well yeh it is thats why im in hiding this weekend lol

Hey, well done, that 12lbs lost is gone forever, so really your only 2lb away from your first stone loss...and don't you forget that ;)

Hello Ladies,

Can't believe I missed the late night chat!

BB - love this
"Small sacrifices for short periods equal long term happiness" - my mantra has been very similar to this ('forgoe this short term pleasure for the ultimate longterm gain of healthier mind and body') when the weekends are dragging by and can't wait to get my toosh back to work on Monday. So this weekend I have to wait until Tuesday!!

I had a good 'mental' session with myself last night writing down where I want to be in 10-12 weeks and how I want to do this nearly 100% (no-one's perfect :eek:) One thing I've pledged to myself and now to you 5 is NO MORE CHEWING GUM. I think this is bad news for me as I don't just have one piece and on with my day.... no I have a whole pack every lunchtime! It's like my meal......

I go to this park at lunchtime to read a paper, drink my shake then munch through a pack of chewy....:eek:.... have started to get paranoid about the people in the building overlooking the park called me 'gum girl'....:D Anyway I think this a silly behaviour and I'd like to nip it in the bud so now I've admitted it to someone that's half the problem solved!

Hope you girlies are well today. My friends cancelled on me for Alton Towers and they've gone to Weymouth for the weekend..... and didn't invite me :( - I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation but I feel a bit deflated.... I suppose I have other friends but had I've known this I could have made other plans too.... feeling a bit 'F%$* you' about it :mad:

So anyway off to write out a new plan for the weekend.... sorry for the essay!

Hi SaC,,,thats a bummer about your friends, I can understand you feeling a bit pee'd off, I'd be the same.

I found chewing gum made me crave food more, so I gave it up myself, I only used to chew one piece for about 5mins, but I noticed the days I did that were the days I fought the most cravings.

morning girlies and how r we what plans u got for today?

i was ment to be going shopping but im going to go swimming instead later and hide again tonight think ill crack if i go shopping because im starving and im not going to blowit this time

Morning DD,,,,I've just about managed to throw some clothes on, sat here on de sofa surfing...I want to go do stuff, but I feel weak, and I'm worried I won't be able to stay strong against temptation.

I'm pee'd off with myself, I had lost 2.5lb since my official weigh in tues morn, but my two AAM days have made me regain that again:cry: I need to stop flaffing about, man just because life is difficult, do i have to resort to giving in and eating :cry:..I'm off to copy this little nugget onto my thread

I'm still lying here on my bed in my pj's - had about 4 coffees and all 3 meals today (also already done 3ltrs water so something good came of this!)..... thinking I should go for a bike ride into town (about and hour 15 return trip)... would this justify me having another shake this pm? I can probably live without it but what I will do is cycle to the book shop, find a riveting book and 'eat' words tonight instead! Or maybe go to the movies on my lonesome...

Lily have you got an event coming up that you can use as inspiration to think up a new (smaller) outfit for? I find without a visual goal I lose sight of the purpose and keep justifying bits and pieces all over the place... you can do it girl!! You MUST get back on track this week so we can kick butt in the challenge on Thursday!

Oh I'm so glad someone else is having a day like me. I've had such a lazy day. I was going to do all sorts today and have done nothing!!!! I justify thins laziness because I'm nights tomorrow night boo. It's my first night shift since I started CD so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope -usually i get through the night grazing on whatever everyone brings in (usually crisps), and I can't do that now. Hmmm I'm gonna have to seriously think about this one.

Morning DD,,,,I've just about managed to throw some clothes on, sat here on de sofa surfing...I want to go do stuff, but I feel weak, and I'm worried I won't be able to stay strong against temptation.

I'm pee'd off with myself, I had lost 2.5lb since my official weigh in tues morn, but my two AAM days have made me regain that again:cry: I need to stop flaffing about, man just because life is difficult, do i have to resort to giving in and eating :cry:..I'm off to copy this little nugget onto my thread

:argh: I'm sorry girls, I'm an embarrassment to the team :cry::cry: I need help finding my :missing: willpower :cry::cry:

My family were putting pressure on me to visit them, even though I said I was feeling down, with a lot of worry, but I decided to shut them up by making an appearance. Just about got dressed, threw my hair back into a ponytail, no makeup even....went up to my parents, and then up to the local supermarket with my mam. I managed to walk the whole shop with my mam, saying Oooh this is lovely, those sausages are gorgeous, oh the coleslaw is delish, etc etc,each time me saying, jaysus I'm SSing,,,she wasn't being vindictive, she just couldn't stop herself, to be honest I don't think she was even listening to me. We have a bit of bother in our family at the moment, and she spent the whole time complaining about it, whilst I was like "just say something, get it sorted etc"...so what with my work worries, her family worries, my willpower was getting weaker by the minute, I was grand in the shop, was actually quite pleased with my strength, but we went to a local restaurant and I broke :cry::cry: usually I would have a black decaff (bring my tetra with me for milk) but whilst all i wanted to do was sit in a darkened room and be by myself, I was sat opposite her having a cheese burger and chips :cry::cry: FFS, I want to be a vegetarian, and i'm eating burger :cry::cry:it just shows the bad state of my brain right now.

I'll understand if you want to kick me off the team. I'm locking myself away, I'm blooming starting SS from tomorrow if I have to become a recluse. I'll not be eating tonight either.

I've actually went and forced myself to be sick, so I could get rid of the food that I stupidly ate this afternoon. This is an all time low for me. Jeez I feel like I'm making a show of myself in front of everybody, all I want to do is lose this blooming weight.

Looking forward to getting past this blip of a day

Last edited:
Awwww hun, no-one's getting kicked off this team for any reason - even for weight gains!! Although I seriously hope that doesn't happen to anyone- but anyway we're a team for this challenge and that's how it stays.

Secondly - you need to draw a line under today and move forward as of last meal tonight - I think you should have your last shake today as it will mean when you wake up in the morning you're already back on track.

Thirdly - what did you learn from this? To listen to your first feelings which was that you didn't want to catch up with the family today- that's ok. Next time don't ignore that feeling - what you got for ignoring it was a bit fat cheeseburger :p which you quite worryingly threw up into the toilet..... this concerns me as it won't make you any lighter on the scales and I certainly hope it didn't make you feel better..... so for now :hug99:.
But be warned, next time it this...:whoopass:!

I love this little blurb below - I look at at least once a day. It applies to everything in life... we're here to learn more, not beat ourselves up for not being perfect...

If you forgot to brush your teeth last night, did you decide this morning to throw in the towel and never brush your teeth again? Since you're obviously a slob who doesn't have enough self- discipline to remember to brush your teeth, why bother brushing them at all if you forgot to last night?

Of course you would not just give up.

So if you had ice cream for dinner last night, or didn't exercise yesterday, or gained a pound this week, don't throw in the towel! Make a healthier choice for dinner tonight by eating something lean. Go for a short walk. Weigh in again next week.

Just do NOT give up:p

Back