Team GB (Great Body!)

I have pcos too... but i wonder which came first.. it wouldn't surprise me if i developed pcos because I have never really had a sensible balanced diet.. not particularly emotional eating originally.. just poor parenting I guess (no offence to my folks.. they did their best) but even as a kid i'd get home from school and head to the bread bin and noone cared or commented.. don't think anyone realised the effect it'd have on me...

I've been around the way since 07 and had several CDC or weight plan consultants as they are now. I even paid the 180 quid to be one once, I attended the annual soirée. Gosh the lofty heights. Unfortunately it's ultimately pyramid selling. The premise being, you " sponsor" sone poor deluded, vitamin deprived person into becoming a CWPC they pay their money, do some very basic distance learning and voila are " qualified" they then go forth and sell packs. It's right you have to be Bellow a BMI of 28 which mostly new CWPC are as they have just done the diet successfully and are so thrilled they want to help others, but slowly, the weight cones back, it always does. I think Cambridge have it wrong. Using the packs, once you are in the groove, it's fairly easy. Yes it's nice to have a champion and some encouragement. But the need for intensive therapy and the bit that so many people come unstuck on, are the steps. This is where you need nutritional advice, meal plans, shopping plans, training plans and 121 talking therapy. That's what we should be getting!

Ha! Ranted a bit there. Can you tell I'm dying for a chocolate finger?

My sister is trainned in CBT as she has it for her Job , but they are not trainned in this and yes your right , they start of slim because they done it and then start to gain over time . I think the one i have needs to lose 2 stone to get the 28 bmi . they are giving out advice but not doing it themselfs . not all of them but most of them .
made me laugh about the choc finger lol best to sniff it lol
So you had to pay to become one , hoo , i know here you had to go to corby do a phone interview then they ask you questions see how well you know it , well mine must of failed as she told me not to have tetras in first week as slightly higher in carbs , i said are they ? she said yes . but its the bars you can't have for two weeks so she failed lol

Step away from the chocolate fingers! Ooooh, that doesn't sound right, does it LOL? :D

My previous CDC was really hacked off because CWP were also setting more consultants up in her area, sponsored by other consultants from outside her area, and she was seeing a drop in her turnover (she had quite a solid area without much competition). Once that happened, I noticed that her interest started to drop, and that's when I decided that I could do it on my own.... silly billy me :sigh: I guess it's horses for courses, personally I didn't like the whole LL navel gazing thing. When I went for the taster, the consultant seemed almost disappointed that I had no big trauma in my life that had caused me to become fat - it's nothing more dramatic that having PCOS, stopping running and going to the gym due to a bad back and a demanding job, and still eating as if I am exercising for 90 mins every night. Oh, and a big liking for a glass of wine in the evenings ;) She was almost demanding some sort of soul baring, which just isn't me, but I could see that it would work for some people.

So how has everybody been today? I've had a good day, until I was walking the dog and a couple walked past me, munching on fish n chips. Oh the smell... now I'm really craving chips with salt n vinegar :sigh: I put the car straight into the garage and locked the door when we got back because I know I could be seriously tempted, and I somehow don't think my choc mint shake will quite hit the spot.

xx
ho smell of fish chips , yes they really are a weakness them mmmmmmmmmmmmm .
yes with LL i went for one session and we had to do soul searching as to why in our lifes we gained weight and also draw a pic .... can't think what of now but thought that was weird drawing .
well its sunny here today so will get out and not spend time in .
hows everyone , enough , i'm sure you will get them 9 before xmas giving it 100% . how are you doing ?

i have been craving battered sausage for ages lol was one of my faves :) i know how crappy and dissapointed id feel after though so no point, ive been naughty past week because i got some malted milk biscuits in for my little boy and every so often when feeling hungry but couldnt be bothered to make a shake up id nibble on one thinking oh its only one it cant hurt that much but it has as i havnt lost at all this week :( stupid me. thats the main reason of deciding to go completly onto the ready made tetras atleast no excuse for laziness and not making them up or having time there there in the fridge nice and chilled and ready to drink gonna cost me an extra 8.50 a week taking me to a whopping £52.50 a week and thats for 3 shakes a day. wouldnt hurt so much if i wasnt a single mummy although dont worry he doesnt go without :) infact spent £130 odd today on him phew! cant wait to be slim and take him swimming he would love that so much (hes almost 2 years old)hows everyone doing today im actually having an ok day staying away from temptation still need to seriously work on upping my water intake im sure thats slowing my loss down too xxx

have you thought about asking head offices whos around your area whos doing CD ? then phone or email them their prices ?
thats way to high . for me getting them would be 44.10 , shes greedy .
shop about and see whats about ?

I agree with the navel gazing bit. In that it's not some big mystery for a lot of people. A small percentage may have protection issues or binge eat because they were starved of love and affection or mistreated. And then there is those who biologically are incongruent with modern processed foods. Mind you the fact is. I just go into mindless sugar mode if I'm pushed to excess. I find it soothing.

I too have PCOS, which is what brought me to Cambridge in the first instance. That's why I know that the only way to normalise your blood sugar response without metformin ( I never took it) is through chromium and low carb eating. Particularly low sugar and if you want to be purist, none of it's variants either. This is why VCLDs work for me temporarily. It's the reprieve from sugar! The part I've got to get my head around is why do I lapse back into bad habits. It's a pisser, it really is. I don't drink, I gave up smoking. Easy. So why does sugary treats cake biscuits and chocolate have an insane hold on me? (not into fast food, so the fish and chips thing would pass me by.... can we swap?)......Answers on the back of a postcard!

Anyway. Failed with my water again. I just forget to drink it and drink a zillion gallons of coffee instead. Now it's keeping me awake. Or is that the power of the mysterious blue moon :)

Another day another dollar tomorrow, guess I will be counting down the days until weigh in 1! Crikey. I hope it's good.

i'm also a big coffee drinker too , yesterday i tried dropping it a bit ,a nd had water this morning trying to not do it so much , and black too is not nice , but when i add milk it slows my loses up , i want to get a chunk of weight of as fast as i can .
me too gave my smoking 8 years ago , but food , its hard because it still part of life .... answers on a postcard i say too lol

Morning y'all!

Almost weigh in day for me, so today has to be a big push. Off work with the little one, so maybe I will do a bit gut of the house? Sounds like a plan. Anything to keep busy.

Feel like celebrating a small victory. My husband and I had a massive row today over. Lost car key, which turned out to be in our daughters jelly shoe. He totally over reacted ( he has ADD so a tendency to do that) and thee the washing hamper all over the floor and kicked a chair. It was gruesome to say the least. I told him to get out in a fit of rage ( doesnt help that he has a firey temperment and so do I) Anyway normally I would go off and snort crushed biscuits off my tabletop to come back " to earth" not today!!!!!!!!!! I didnt even feel angry after he left!

Now partly this could be the rhodiola rosea I'm taking, which really helps keep my mood stable ( had a yuk year but didn't want to go on Prozac) or it could be that I feel quite in controll and happy for once. I feel motivated and I'm not letting sonething stupid like that blow me off course.

Ye-ha!

Btw strange how many people have pcos around here. It's the processed food our generation were forcefed. Our parents sure as he'll didn't have the info we now know!

Hi everyone , i have been 100% but hard at times i must say one min you feel this is easy the next all sorts your thinking .... god .
I know its not going to be easy , its a matter of time before my negative thoughts go away .
bettie , ADD , is your hubby on tablets ? must of been awful for you and your little girl . Hope your ok ?
Hi enough , how are you doing ?
I am going to be off to bed now , not long been in , as was with sister .

MsJMC said:
Hi everyone , i have been 100% but hard at times i must say one min you feel this is easy the next all sorts your thinking .... god .
I know its not going to be easy , its a matter of time before my negative thoughts go away .
bettie , ADD , is your hubby on tablets ? must of been awful for you and your little girl . Hope your ok ?
Hi enough , how are you doing ?
I am going to be off to bed now , not long been in , as was with sister .

Hiya! Sorry that sounded like an unwarranted DV situation. He is "medicated" but has fits of temper and frustration if things don't follow a set routine in the mornings. I have learned to manage it/him now. Thankfully my daughter was in the lounge out of earshot. We kind of have crisis management plans because the mornings are the worst ( he has an irrational fear of being late) my daughter is high needs too. Such is life.

Tomorrow im apparently going to pick up a new car from Cardiff ( only 3 hours away) courtesy of my husbands spontaneity! Or is that impulsivity?? Challenging isn't in it.

Anyway - diet wise going well. I have enough packs until tomorrow night. So will weigh in then, wish me luck.

omg Cardiff ONLY 3 hours away from Liverpool r u sure I live in North Wales and it takes me 4 hours to get to Cardiff!!!!!!!! xxx

blodyntatws said:
omg Cardiff ONLY 3 hours away from Liverpool r u sure I live in North Wales and it takes me 4 hours to get to Cardiff!!!!!!!! xxx

I'm getting the train from Chester via crew. It says 2hrs 56 minutes! Better not be longer than that! Where in north wes are you? Love north Wales me!

i think i may have to i know it sounds silly but i almost feel rude doing it lol like what do i say to her when i say im changing lol your overpriced haha shes a nice person and very motivating but its just not fair charging that much im not exactly rolling in money haha xx

sorry that was to msMJC was supposed to reply straight to her comment but it didnt lol xx

Hi Bettiesrevenge ok by train from Chester it might be 3 hours good luck xx I'm half way between Caernarfon and Porthmadog in North Wales not sure if you know where that is xxx Caernarfon has a castle and Porthmadog is near Portmeirion where Prisoner was filmed and home of the portmeirion pottery xxx Hope the car is ok once u get to Cardiff I take it you then have to drive back? xxx

blodyntatws said:
Hi Bettiesrevenge ok by train from Chester it might be 3 hours good luck xx I'm half way between Caernarfon and Porthmadog in North Wales not sure if you know where that is xxx Caernarfon has a castle and Porthmadog is near Portmeirion where Prisoner was filmed and home of the portmeirion pottery xxx Hope the car is ok once u get to Cardiff I take it you then have to drive back? xxx

Indeed I do! I was there last august bank holiday weekend. A friend of my husband lives in snowdonia! We visited there and stayed in abersoch. I live in Wirral these days but I say Liverpool because mo one knows where Wirral is!

i think i may have to i know it sounds silly but i almost feel rude doing it lol like what do i say to her when i say im changing lol your overpriced haha shes a nice person and very motivating but its just not fair charging that much im not exactly rolling in money haha xx

say nothing to her , ring head office first see whos around your area , ring them or email ask them their prices , don't say anything about your already on plan just simple question , like what time do you do appointments and ask the prices . if its good ask to see her before you run out . you then can text old one say sorry i can't affford these prices , but thanks for your time . then theres no lies . after all shes over charing . but make sure you get another before you say anything to her :)

Hiya! Sorry that sounded like an unwarranted DV situation. He is "medicated" but has fits of temper and frustration if things don't follow a set routine in the mornings. I have learned to manage it/him now. Thankfully my daughter was in the lounge out of earshot. We kind of have crisis management plans because the mornings are the worst ( he has an irrational fear of being late) my daughter is high needs too. Such is life.

Tomorrow im apparently going to pick up a new car from Cardiff ( only 3 hours away) courtesy of my husbands spontaneity! Or is that impulsivity?? Challenging isn't in it.

Anyway - diet wise going well. I have enough packs until tomorrow night. So will weigh in then, wish me luck.

hope your ok going to get the car .....
Not good for your nervous tell hubby . you seem to have alot to deal with there . dieting can be hard when its like this too .
let us know how weigh in goes !
I'm up early my sleeping is less and less on cambridge .... been up sine 5am

Hi hope you have a good train journey today Bettiesrevenge xxxx and Laurenlouise I agree with MsJMC those prices are too high:eek: I pay £45 a week and I only have tetras and they are more expensive and she gives me free bar! ! xxx

Hi

MsJMC
Laurenlouise89
Lisalollipop13909
Bettiesrevenge
Stokegal and

Redhead66

How are you doing?

Hope your weekend is going well!

It's the seven of us again - Blodyn Tatws has joined Team Spirit - I'm hoping we can look at some inter-team competitions at some point - would you like that? or is it not your thing - it's fine either way - we could do it as an 'opt in' so you can play or watch....?

Hi All

Sorry Ive been AWOL - have been happy Cambridging but very busy at work and Im in the process of setting up my own business so feel like Im working 2 full time jobs :)

Enough - I would love the team competitions if everyone else is up for that :)

LaurenLouise - that is very expensive for shakes - My CDC charges £1.90 for shakes / soups and porridge, £2.15 per bar and £2.10 tetra. I also get motivational texts nd "thoughts of the day" and his mobile is always on for a quick text (even at 9.30pm :))

Bettiesrevenge - I know where the whirral is :) - I live in Stoke so Im not too far away - I work in Stafford and they all have funny accents and they say that I turn Scouse when I am mad :)

How is everyone getting on?? I hd my first wobble yesterday, I had worked from 9am - 10pm and on my way I still had loads to do for my business before this morning so knew it ws going to be a looong night (and I had to be up early to take my son for his swimming lesson) I was in Tesco and was starving!!! I am trying to SS for 12 weeks but the voices in my head were saying - oooo sandwiches / crisps.... I relly contemplated them but instead settled on some pre cooked chicken drumsticks - I took all of the skin off them and ate them in Tesco Car Park before even driving off - I must have looked like a right loony lol

Forgot to tell you all my exciting news - I had my first WI on Wednesday and........ (drumroll please) lost...... 11lbs :) I am in a new stone bracket and very chuffed now - just another billion lbs to go :)

Stokegal x

Back