**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

More north than me in west mids :)

You're all more north than me... I'm in Plymouth!

Oh Ladies...I have really synned, I never drink but last night I had a few too many vimtos, ate loads and then went back to my old habits...crisps and chocolate....hardly slept a week I feel so rough...am hoping I have learnt my lesson, am drawing a line and getting back on track .... Enjoy yet another wet, grey miserable day!

Just be super good the rest of the week and you might be OK. I'm thinking I'm going to buy a special sparkly pen for drawing lines...

Phew! Tis good then. Never knew West Yorks was way up norf...lol. My mum lives in Holmfirth which is WY. I am rather more norf myself :D

Holmfirth?? Is that where they filmed Last Of The Summer Wine? Your Mum isn't Nora Batty is she?? :D lol

The dogs are all lovely.I'm used to collies, coming from a farm and all that. I've not got any cos I'm away from home for hours and they'd be lonely on their own. I miss them though. :)

Welcome sprinkles. You've done well on your first week. All the best for the rest of your journey.

Well I lived to tell the tale of the freezer but OMG what hard work and my mum isn't really fit to help at all. :)

Oh I love Collies too.......infact I love all dogs :D All the Collies I've known have been so intelligent, crafty and very funny :D One of my friends collies meets me at the gate when I vist - she herds me through the gate, rounds me up (lol) and steers me towards the back door :D It makes me laugh everytime! lol If I stop walking, she nudges me with her snout until I start moving again :D I sometimes try to walk in a different direction, but she blocks me and makes me go the right way!! It's flipping hillarious! LOL

Glad you survived the freezer PP. We were about to send the search party out :D

Oh Ladies...I have really synned, I never drink but last night I had a few too many vimtos, ate loads and then went back to my old habits...crisps and chocolate....hardly slept a week I feel so rough...am hoping I have learnt my lesson, am drawing a line and getting back on track .... Enjoy yet another wet, grey miserable day!

Old habits die hard Donna. We're all bound to go astray at some point - we wouldn't have a weight problem otherwise would we? :eek: The most important thing is what we do afterwards. Just keep hopping back on the wagon, and eventually our braisn will get the message. It might take a little longer to lose the weight, but you will get there......we all will........eventually :D We just have to 'train' ourselves along the way lol Well, it makes sense to me at least! LOL

Ooooooo that's miles and miles and miles away from me :D How far do you live from the sea Ellen? I've always envied people who live close to the sea and the beach :D lol

Well it's STILL bloody raining :( I'm sick sick sick sick of it! lol

ellen83 said:

Just be super good the rest of the week and you might be OK. I'm thinking I'm going to buy a special sparkly pen for drawing lines...

Lol!!

Morning children!

A crappy one at that! Am off to the Future in laws for lunch and a mega fight because there's always bloody nice pudding! Ahhhhhhh easily done to say no - and I shall!

Enjoyer your wet miserable Sunday!

1lb off for me this week! :) i'm off the mark

Ooooooo that's miles and miles and miles away from me :D How far do you live from the sea Ellen? I've always envied people who live close to the sea and the beach :D lol

It's probably best we don't live too close to each other... could imagine that could be dangerous lol.

If I step out into my street and look down I can see the sea. Unfortunately Plymouth is more harbour than beaches but there are beaches within driving distance (I just need to learn to drive). Don't envy people who live near the sea, we get SHAFTED by water companies.

Morning children!

A crappy one at that! Am off to the Future in laws for lunch and a mega fight because there's always bloody nice pudding! Ahhhhhhh easily done to say no - and I shall!

Have fun with the in laws!

Morning children!

I enjoy any day I'm not at work, no matter what the weather is doing :D

Take a pudd with you?? SW eaton mess all round? :D lol Mind, if you're anything like me, you're too full with dinner to shift a pudding too! :eek: did I just say that?!?!?! lol

Have fun with the inlaws/outlaws :D

1lb off for me this week! :) i'm off the mark

Well done LMC :D :clap: You're off the starting blocks :D

how about taking your own pud?

See, two people have suggested it now, so it must be a good idea! lol

It's probably best we don't live too close to each other... could imagine that could be dangerous lol.

If I step out into my street and look down I can see the sea. Unfortunately Plymouth is more harbour than beaches but there are beaches within driving distance (I just need to learn to drive). Don't envy people who live near the sea, we get SHAFTED by water companies.

Dangerous?? I don't see how :eek: :8855:

Why do you get shafted by the water companies though? Seems a bit unfair :(

Pud is a good idea guys thanks! On second thoughts I don't think it'll be that difficult to say no - I'm really set on reaching my christmas challenge and this groups is really helping - I feel like we're all trying and all putting the effort in, supporting each other and helping and encouraging - unlike previous groups I've been in where it all seems to be about celebrating getting away with breaking plan and getting away with it lol - we will all reach are target this year - I'm sure of it!

Why do you get shafted by the water companies though? Seems a bit unfair :(

Living by the sea we get charged because the have to do extra treatment on the water or something, just about £70 a month!!!! It's RIDICULOUS!

I agree Ems!

This shrinkage lark is way more than losing weight - it's about changing our mindset (well it is for me at least lol) towards food once and for all. This HAS to be a lifestyle change for it to work properly and for us to actually keep the weight off long term once we're where we want to be. Pushing the plan to see what we can 'cheat' on and get away with, isn't really doing that, it's just leaving the door wide open for the old habits to come back in.........which is what got us here in the first flipping place and why we will keep on coming back and coming back! lol

I am speaking for myself here btw, I'm not lecturing anyone or criticising anyone, I'm just saying how it has to be for me :D I need to completely alter my mindset if I am to crack it this time..................and I am, and I will :D I'm determind......soooooooooo determined! lol

This group helps me stay focused and on track......you guys are supportive, encouraging and give praise. Thank you xx We can do this girls, we really really can :D

Living by the sea we get charged because the have to do extra treatment on the water or something, just about £70 a month!!!! It's RIDICULOUS!

OMG that's a scandalous amount!!!! I'm not moving now then! lol

Anyone care to join me for a hangover cure breakfast?
View attachment 47674

OMG yes please :D I could just dive into that! Looks flipping grand grommit :D

I haven't eaten yet. Best go make something eh? lol

Mini rant warning....

When joining a challenge where you set your own target over a long period of time do people set a really low target, now I know some people loose very slowly or are near target and it's harder etc but it REALLY bugs me when people join a long term challenge where they have determined the target and reach it within a few weeks. The clue is in the name...CHALLENGE!!! I also set myself a target which I'd have to work bloody hard to get, as I thought that was the point? Sorry, I needed to vent. I feel better now.

Anyone care to join me for a hangover cure breakfast?
View attachment 47674

Me please...I don't have the hangover but I'm sleep deprived...does that count?

I agree Ems!

This shrinkage lark is way more than losing weight - it's about changing our mindset (well it is for me at least lol) towards food once and for all. This HAS to be a lifestyle change for it to work properly and for us to actually keep the weight off long term once we're where we want to be. Pushing the plan to see what we can 'cheat' on and get away with, isn't really doing that, it's just leaving the door wide open for the old habits to come back in.........which is what got us here in the first flipping place and why we will keep on coming back and coming back! lol

I am speaking for myself here btw, I'm not lecturing anyone or criticising anyone, I'm just saying how it has to be for me :D I need to completely alter my mindset if I am to crack it this time..................and I am, and I will :D I'm determind......soooooooooo determined! lol

This group helps me stay focused and on track......you guys are supportive, encouraging and give praise. Thank you xx We can do this girls, we really really can :D

Could not agree more!

OMG that's a scandalous amount!!!! I'm not moving now then! lol

The expression 'nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there' has never been so apt!

This is definitely a challenge for me!!!

Pleased to have lost a pound this week but maaaaadddd syn day yesterday and hangover this morning too!!! Great day/night but will not be repeating or a while - thank goodness I weighed in yesterday :)

Also big mistake to miss a day on minimins - taken me ages to catch up......Corky can you send that clever collie down to me - need herding out of kitchen pmsl!!!

Well done team - everyone is doing sooooo well ....... Keep up the fab work. Xxxxxxx

Mini rant warning....

When joining a challenge where you set your own target over a long period of time do people set a really low target, now I know some people loose very slowly or are near target and it's harder etc but it REALLY bugs me when people join a long term challenge where they have determined the target and reach it within a few weeks. The clue is in the name...CHALLENGE!!! I also set myself a target which I'd have to work bloody hard to get, as I thought that was the point? Sorry, I needed to vent. I feel better now.

LOL!! Glad you feel better for that :D

I agree Ellen. There's lots of things that bug me the same way - I just keep reminding myself that we're all different and at the end of the day, we're bound to encounter a few errr, lets say, 'different' people on this here tinternet thingy :giggle: I could make a flipping list of the things that annoy me! lol Infact lets make it a challenge! See who can make the longest list! :8855:

Me please...I don't have the hangover but I'm sleep deprived...does that count?

Could not agree more!

The expression 'nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there' has never been so apt!

Sleep deprivation is soooooooooo awful :( I remember it like it was yesterday........my zombie days only lasted 3 week too, but it was total crap! lol

Corkscrew said:
I agree Ems!

Think you covered that perfectly! You were speaking for me too lol as I'm exactly the same! And I'm sure others are in the same position! And we CAN really do this :)

ellen83 said:
Mini rant warning....

I agree! By Christmas I would like to lose 5lbs lol I think it's set low so they can achieve it without actually having to try and then feel rewarded for it - I personally think this challenge is perfectly achievable but only if you work for it! You can't cheat and cheat and still manage to get there you do have to try - and so we shall :)

Back