**TEAM TINSEL** 4 stone for Christmas

Thanks Donna! I know what kind of dresses I like but waiting until christmas/new year time when i'm hopefully at target to try any on, as those that suit me now may not suit me when i'm a skinny mini! :) Can't wait to start trying them on!

haha you're so funny, love your Mr Grey! :8855:

Love your Mr Grey Donna!

When do you get married Sammy?

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks Donna! I know what kind of dresses I like but waiting until christmas/new year time when i'm hopefully at target to try any on, as those that suit me now may not suit me when i'm a skinny mini! :) Can't wait to start trying them on!

haha you're so funny, love your Mr Grey! :8855:

Wedding dress shopping how exciting!! When it's finally my turn think I'll explode with excitement...... Now just to find my prince charming :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jo-85 said:
Just in from WI and 2 off for me, very pleased a lot happier than last week :)

Well done Jo! Now stick with it and you'll be there in no time! :)

Well done Jo that's great!

I am so excited, have spent the last week constantly looking at venues, food packages and crunching numbers to see what we can afford! We get married 31st August 2013, so a bit of time yet, but i'm a control freak and like to have everything organised lol plus we really want a certain band but can't book them until we know where our venue is, so need to get it sorted quick! Going to look at two places on Thursday, one is a masonic lodge and the other is a fairly old hotel. Just hope they look as beautiful as they do on the photos and are big enough!! xx

Emmey1 said:
Well done Jo! Now stick with it and you'll be there in no time! :)

Thanks ems. Another 100% week ahead for me :) x

sammyb1985 said:

I am so excited, have spent the last week constantly looking at venues, food packages and crunching numbers to see what we can afford! We get married 31st August 2013, so a bit of time yet, but i'm a control freak and like to have everything organised lol plus we really want a certain band but can't book them until we know where our venue is, so need to get it sorted quick! Going to look at two places on Thursday, one is a masonic lodge and the other is a fairly old hotel. Just hope they look as beautiful as they do on the photos and are big enough!! xx

Thanks sammy :)

U have got a while but dont blame u being organised, I can imagine u surrounded in spread sheets with a calculator and brochures :)

Venues sound lovely hope they are what u want, what is a Masonic lodge tho? Sorry if I'm being a bit dopey! X

Just started watching 'the 74 stone babysitter' on chan 4. Speechless!! Have recorded the rest to maybe watch later - anyone else seen thy lady?! My goodness!

Thanks ems. Another 100% week ahead for me :) x

Thanks sammy :)

U have got a while but dont blame u being organised, I can imagine u surrounded in spread sheets with a calculator and brochures :)

Venues sound lovely hope they are what u want, what is a Masonic lodge tho? Sorry if I'm being a bit dopey! X

Haha you've got me spot on!! Ben always laughs at all the spreadsheets I put together, my calculator is in my favourites on my computer as I use it so much and I'm flicking backwards and forwards between loads of ebrochures looking at prices and comparing lol!

A Masonic Lodge is where the Free Masons have their meetings, it's like a secret society or club for men. Used to be only rich people were in it, but think it's a bit more lenient now, as there aren't that many rich people in Halifax as far as I know and yet I just found out there are about 6 lodges! lol! They have their own secret handshake and everything! xx

Just in from WI and 2 off for me, very pleased a lot happier than last week :)

Way go to Jo - what a fantastic loss! Really pleased for you xxx

Oh I'd love to relive my wedding day...I think in 5 years time we will have to return to Turkey and renew our vows!

Just started watching 'the 74 stone babysitter' on chan 4. Speechless!! Have recorded the rest to maybe watch later - anyone else seen thy lady?! My goodness!
Ems - OMG its such a sad story I watched it the first time it was on. I just think its horrendous that family/friends sit by and watch someone they love get so big

Actually Tinsels - have any of your family/friends said anything about your weight? Mine haven't until I started losing it. Although I work with the elderly and they are always commenting on it but that's probably because I always say something jokey about it (probably because I have learnt over the years (old people are blunt!) to do it as a defense mechanism)

A Masonic Lodge is where the Free Masons have their meetings, it's like a secret society or club for men. Used to be only rich people were in it, but think it's a bit more lenient now, as there aren't that many rich people in Halifax as far as I know and yet I just found out there are about 6 lodges! lol! They have their own secret handshake and everything! xx
Lots of police people are Free Masons

On the iPhone quickly... A tiny 0.5lb on! Pretty chuffed x worked my ass off at the gym x
Well dona Tango-Tina xxx

donnajt said:
Ems = your description of fish in parsley sauce has put me off for life lol!!! not that I needed much persuading

Bugger, I tried to make it sound appealing! Lol there probably is better fish to try, I just can't do fish very well - might just stick to tuna in future lol can't go wrong with a good ol tin of tuna!

Morning all

A 1lb gain for me but I had been expecting as per catch up for previous dodgy weekends and bloated bunged up tummy. Never mind I am on hol on Fri so be good till then and then I am going to enjoy the holiday and worry about the excess baggage when I get back!!!

Well done to all those that have weighed in so far.

Donna, why do you not like fish? It is the taste or the bones or just the thought of it? :sign0137: I do not eat a lot of fish cos of the bones (one stuck in my throat for ages when I was younger) but now I buy fresh Cod or Haddock Loin, usually smoked. This is big massive flakes and there are no bones in it and also not a strong fishy taste like some other fish. The only other fish I will eat is Lemon Sole but it is so expensive!!

Have a good day x

sammyb1985 said:
Haha you've got me spot on!! Ben always laughs at all the spreadsheets I put together, my calculator is in my favourites on my computer as I use it so much and I'm flicking backwards and forwards between loads of ebrochures looking at prices and comparing lol!

Ooooo I see, I have heard of the masons actually I always think its pretty cool! Well you will definately have to let us know what the secret buildings are like :) x

MummySelkirk said:
On the iPhone quickly... A tiny 0.5lb on! Pretty chuffed x worked my ass off at the gym x

Glad you are pleased with your WI result, wonder how much your fake ran weighed??? X

donnajt said:
Way go to Jo - what a fantastic loss! Really pleased for you xxx

Actually Tinsels - have any of your family/friends said anything about your weight? Mine haven't until I started losing it. Although I work with the elderly and they are always commenting on it but that's probably because I always say something jokey about it (probably because I have learnt over the years (old people are blunt!) to do it as a defense mechanism)

Thanku Donna :)

Tbf mine havent in recent years but they've always known that I knew I was overweight of I know what I mean. Altho when I was a kid about 8ish my mum had an uncle who was a miserable old so and so and he once said to me "your a big girl aren't you, not like any of us" I remember being mortified even at that age, my nan did tell him to shut up but ive still always remembered him saying it.

donnajt said:
Been away since 4:20, my head is pounding and my vision fuzzy so I will keep this short and sweet

Day 2 of holiday countdown - went perfectly!

Trying to plan some fish into today - Day 3 (only 11 more to go!)

Hope you're feeling better x

Alycyn1980 said:
Morning all

A 1lb gain for me but I had been expecting as per catch up for previous dodgy weekends and bloated bunged up tummy. Never mind I am on hol on Fri so be good till then and then I am going to enjoy the holiday and worry about the excess baggage when I get back!!!

Have a good day x

Definetely go and enjoy your holiday and when u get back as you said you can face it and get back at it :) x

Good luck to the rest of the Wednesday weighers x

It's Wednesday! Good luck to fellow Wednesday weighers! I have no idea how I've done as scales are officially a no go area at home, I'd like 2.5 to keep me on track for 3st for Christmas but any loss is a good loss!

Morning all

Donna, why do you not like fish? It is the taste or the bones or just the thought of it? :sign0137: I do not eat a lot of fish cos of the bones (one stuck in my throat for ages when I was younger) but now I buy fresh Cod or Haddock Loin, usually smoked. This is big massive flakes and there are no bones in it and also not a strong fishy taste like some other fish. The only other fish I will eat is Lemon Sole but it is so expensive!!

Have a good day x
Hiya- its not that I don't like fish I just can't bear to cook it or smell it, I actually really enjoy a fish but not if its looking at me - the fish in parsley sauce type things I have always been suspicious of - I have never in my 41 years seen a square fish. I would very happily come to any of you for lunch or dinner when fish is on the menu - i would wash up and bring my Mr Grey for entertainment lol!

It's Wednesday! Good luck to fellow Wednesday weighers! I have no idea how I've done as scales are officially a no go area at home, I'd like 2.5 to keep me on track for 3st for Christmas but any loss is a good loss!
Good luck ems x

Jo - its horrible when you have a memory like that from childhood - I was always a skinny child but my sister was a bit chubby - NOT FAT - but she was always called fat = I had so many fights over it - even one of her school friends mum's hit me once for defending her. When we look back at the pictures now she was a perfectly healthy child and not at all overweight. And as I always said to her...beauty is skin deep and we are all areas of natural outstanding beauty!!!

Right, I am meant to be getting weighed tonight but am in SO much pain with star week so don't know if I'm leaving the comfort of my water bottle! We shall see hoe I am in a few hours. I'm so bloated I'll probably be in for a gain (despite being good). Who knows with my body.

I'm exactly the same Sammy. I'm getting married next July and booked my venue over 7 months ago!

Good luck any other Wednesday weighers!

2.5 off for me and decided something, last week I ate veg and all things good thy I didn't really like to get a good loss and I lost 1.5 - this week I tried fish as other stuff that's meant to be good but I didn't really like - and I'm getting no bigger loss than my usual - so this week im just going to follow plan the way I have been - eating whats good that I like and not just eating what I don't like just cause its 'good' for plan!

Still on track for my 3st for end of November - another 2 next week please!

Back