Tegs on the refeed

Teg

Posts when she can
Hi all
I know i don't post much. Its hard to get time in this house but i log on for a quick read and help of encouragement every now and again.
I have done the LT for 9 & a half weeks now and its been amazing. You are so in control of what u eat and the results show so quickly. I have a few events in the coming weeks so after the refeed im gonna do maintanance for 4 weeks and see how i get on.
I feel very weird about the whole eating again and am scared of putting the weight back on. I suppose thats natural though......
I keep thinking about the cherry tamatoes in the kitchen...... does anyone know if its ok to nibble on salad during the day or do u have 2 have ur meals as lunch and dinner.....
Well here goes........:sigh::sigh:

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 12lb
Week 8 -4 12st 7lbs
Week 9

I would try not nibble if I were you - It leads to mindless eating. You need to get out of that habit as im sure most of us on here got the way we were by mindless eating (eating and not even being aware) Everytime you eat something you should write it in a pocket book.

Good luck with refeed hunni you'll love it.

Hiya Teg I started re-feed last night and then i'm going to do maintenance too. Had some grilled chicken and flat mushrooms last night and i've never tasted anything so nice in my life! Had one of the maintenance bars this morning and after nearly breaking my teeth on it, it felt like i'd eaten some lead but they were really nice.

I'm in similar situation to you at the mo, I've got another 11lb I want to lose before August (wedding) but i've got a few socials coming up like my hen do etc so i'll keep you updated.

Hi all.
Day 4 of the refeed over. I felt really bad eating the bread today cause i know thats the main reason i got so fat in the first place. I am doing the refeed exactly as sticky says and then i will find my own way in maintanence.
Everyone is doing so well and thanks for all the menu suggestions on the threads.
I had my weigh in today and was down another 3lbs. Im delighted but it was a week of half TFR and half refeed but its still a loss .......:)

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 12lb
Week 8 -4 12st 7lbs
Week 9 -3 12st 4lbs (refeed)

Thats brilliant tegs, enjoy the rest of your refeed and maintenance

Oh that's so great!
Enjoy it!
You're so close to your target, you'll easily lose that over the next few weeks!!!
Congrats!
How do you feel??

Congrats on the WI Teg, I've got mine in the morning (before I have any water or maintenence) then i'll be back home to hopefully celebrate with a maintenance choc whip lol!

Thanks girls.
Cathy u are doing really well. Want to c how u get on.
Guen havnt heard from u in a while ...ur doing great. Keep it up girl.
Bindy ur also doing great
Actually we are all absoutly fab....lol

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 12lb
Week 8 -4 12st 7lbs
Week 9 -3 12st 4lbs (refeed)

Feels good dunnit. Just had tuna salad with baked potato and felt really great at what I was eating. Its all so colourful and tastes so nice I can't believe I never got into this before! What sort of things you eating Teg? I've had chicken n mushrooms 3 nights in a row!

Ladies you are all doing wonderful - you should all be really really proud of yourselves.

Keep posting your progress - I love to see how well everyone is doing xxx

Its good to see what everyones eating too, for ideas!

I am eating very plain foods. I still have to cook dinner for 4 every night but i cook different for myself. Im putting chicken or prawns on the george forman and throwing a load of bean sprouts, Chillies, peppers, onions, tomatoes and sugarsnaps on for the last few mins of cooking. Its boaring but its so delicious.
I find it hard to sit down and eat as i havnt been doing it for months.
Once the refeed is over (Fri) ill try loads of different ideas. Have a big barbq in the garden on sat. Drink......... I can hardly wait

Oh I love sitting down for dinner every evening - I missed it so much I felt really left out on TFR.

I love prawns and your dinner sounds lovely. Im the only one who eats prawns and I dont cook separate dinners - everyone eats what I have and they can like it or lump it - im the one cooking

You should get some fresh fish for your bbq - smoked coley is quite cheap at the moment and you can get big family packs of it for real cheap in the supermarkets.

And you should buy super lean mince and make your own burgers. When I make mine I add chilli, onions, garlic, sesame seeds and whatever else comes to hand. I add an egg before i mush it all together but they turn out really well and you no exactly what has gone into it.

And if you have small kids going - get some cookie cutters and cut out shapes - they'll love the novelty burgers.

Having a really good day 2day cause the refeed is finished. Im not hungry at all yet which is brill. I was so full of gas yesterday and was so worried. My stomach looked about 6 months pregnant but it all made its way out (my poor husband had to suffer last night). I had a very lite dinner of plain chicken strips and 1 small boiled spud.
I know i shouldnt do this but i might leave maintanence until Monday and give myself a break for the weekend cause i have about 20 people calling for the party weekend.
Will still cook healthy and use the yummy receipts ye gave me though.
Met a work collegue in town this morning and she walked right past me. Called her back. She couldnt believe it was me. Wow what a buzz. Over the moon ......

Its great to see your having a good day hun.

You can have fun at the weekend just take it easy and make up for it next week.

We went out for lunch at work and I got a salad - I asked for Turkey, egg, onion lettuce sweetcorn, and honey and mustard dressing - I got enough for 3 people. Kinda defeats the purpose of a salad.

One of my problems is leaving food on a plate and i found it very hard not to eat it all - I left half of it but i still feel like i ate too much...damn restaurants

Weighed myself this morning and im still the same.
The barbq went very well and the food was beautiful. Fish was a real hit and the prawns. I have to say that they were the best food ive tasted since finishing TFR.
I wasnt as hungry as i thought id be. I didnt have to worry about making a pig of myself. Today im gonna drink loads of water. I feel i need to detox. Drank quite a lot of wine.
Have a lot of salad stuff left over which wont go to waste.

Feel great after all the water. Must have drank 5 litres today. Im starting the maintanance diet 2mro and aim to loose 2.5lb for next week.
How would i know if i was still in ketosis. If i eat anything with fat content (ate a piece of chocolate birthday cake) and it ran straight through me. Would be a big deterrent from here on in.
Well heres to a very healthy week.

Ya know what i never even thought of that, are we still in or out of ketosis now????

I tested every morning using the ketosis sticks to check my ketosis state on my week of refeed. Was still in ketosis on morning of day5 but tested that night (after eating potatoes and bread during the day) and was out of ketosis but Im sure everyone is different. I found the week after refeed I was very tired, had no enrgy at all.

Back