tempted beyond belief

Hey lychco in hospital have had appendicitis nd so had op tday xxx

OMG, sweetie, had no idea ! - wasn't online for long last nite and now doing this is lunch break at work....
Thought u had been a bit quiet !
GET WELL SOON !!! :ambulance: :bighug:XXXXXXXX

Thanks hun am home recivering now feel sad tbat have tk stop diet fkr a while bit will gwt back on it asap. How is ur weightloss going zzx

Oh,you poor thing, you have had a rotten time ! Glad you are back home and in your own surroundings - just take care of yourself andput the dieting right to the back of your mind until you are feeling really well again.
Time to spoil yourself a little bit, sweetie!
Am doing ok - but just made myself a big mug of tea (with milk) as we have a horrible thunderstorm going on here and I don't like them at all.
Got my 4th weigh in on Sunday - was hoping to have lost a stone in my first month, but don't think it will happen. xxx

Lost 3lbs, so that's 13 so far : hopefully the first stone next week.
Hope you are feeling better - I already messaged you just now on another thread, then found you on this one, so am getting myself totally confused!

Is your Mum still looking after you, or are you on your own? - either way, make sure you are getting some good food down you and build up your strength. :eating:

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.xx

Thank you, CB - just hope I can stick with it as you have done, you are an inspiration to all of us on here. xxx
Read on one of your posts that you only see your cllr once a month, so to keep plugging away without that "face-to face" motivation is amazing. xx

Well done thats fab ! Am pleased for u keep going xxx. My mum stil rallying round she is a good en. She has taken my little boy for the night as I am not feeling good at alk tosay xx

Thank you, sweetheart! Your Mum sounds lovely and very thoughtfull : I know you will miss not having the little one with you but tbh children are exhausting even when you are feeling 100 % so to be coping with him and his needs less than one week after your op youwuld have to be flipping superhuman!
Put your feet up and concentrate on getting yourself well - he will be loving this time with his Nan and speaking as a grandma myself I bet sbe is loving it too ! - you know he is in safe hands so relax, eat, watch your fave programmes on telly, wallow in a nice warm bath etc etc. - all the things you prob don't have a chance to do when he is with you.
Get well soon ! xxx

Lychco's right: your son is probably really enjoying his mini holiday and it's important you take the time to get better. Your boy will want you back on your feet and running around as soon as possible! ;)

And to Lychco, thank you so much for your sweet words. I live in a rural location and petrol is so crazy expensive that for me it's monthly meetings or I can't afford the diet. My counsellor is always available by text, phone or email though, but I do tend to keep to myself between meetings. Seeing her so infrequently means that she inevitably tells me that I look much thinner every time, and I actually believe it's true instead of a courtesy statement, so that part of it is great for my self-esteem!

I see you're just a couple of pounds from being half-way to goal - that must feel amazing! I can't wait until my stones are as low as yours! xxx

Lychco's right: your son is probably really enjoying his mini holiday and it's important you take the time to get better. Your boy will want you back on your feet and running around as soon as possible! ;)

And to Lychco, thank you so much for your sweet words. I live in a rural location and petrol is so crazy expensive that for me it's monthly meetings or I can't afford the diet. My counsellor is always available by text, phone or email though, but I do tend to keep to myself between meetings. Seeing her so infrequently means that she inevitably tells me that I look much thinner every time, and I actually believe it's true instead of a courtesy statement, so that part of it is great for my self-esteem!

I s!?ee you're just a couple of pounds from being half-way to goal - that must feel amazing! I can't wait until my stones are as low as yours! xxx
Thank you, CB - much appreciated. I hadn't realised that I am almost halfway there, so that was a real boost !
It's good that your counsellor is always on hand when you need her and you obviously get on well. Have been very lucky with mine also - there are quite a lot available locally (the West Country must provide good business....it's all that cream, Cheddar cheese and cider..!! ) but seem to have found a diamond.

Thanks ypu two ! Ur both so kind. How r u both getring on with the diet good week so far ? Xx

Hello, Jenboo ! Hope you are feeling better today - is your son with your Mum, or do you have him home now?
Either way, take care of you and no running marathons, climbing trees or channel -swimming just yet....!!

Going well so far, thanks : tempted at the weekend as it was my son's birthday - he is lots older than yours, but still had a birthday cake! - drew the line at baking it this year though.
Have a meal out looming for the end of the month - my friend's 60th- we have been friends since our first day at primary school, and the third one in our little trio has been a friend since beginning of se ondary school - mind you, we natter away so much when we get together that the food takes second place for once.

Lychco, are you going to have a break for your evening out or just stick to the SS+ guidelines? Are you able to tell your friends you're on the diet? Happy belated birthday wishes to you son! My 30th birthday is in a few months and damnit I'm having a cake. Maybe not candles, though. I don't want to burn the place down...

Diet-wise my week has been so-so. I've been good about my exercise but less disciplined with my products. It's 1am and I still haven't had my third shake. I'm very bad at remembering to "eat", so it's no wonder my metabolism is shot to pieces. It's not that I don't get hungry, but I'm a bit of a workaholic so I tell myself I can't eat until I finish X and Y. X and Y inevitable take longer than I anticipate so by the time I'm finished I'm too hungry to bother putting something together, so reach for the tetra or bar instead of the shake or soup. That's better than when I was truly eating though, because I'd go for something like the microwave meal instead of putting something healthy and decent together. Routine is a skill I need to learn when I come off the diet!

Sounds like u r both doing well I am jealous I actually miss the diet its strange haha. I am struggling to eat and now have a wicked infection boooo but on the plus side got weighed tday and have lost eight punds this week hahaha ! I hope u enjoy ur planned day off ... I loved mine xx

Oh no! You poor love (for the infection). I suppose the weight loss is good, even if you didn't get it the way you wanted!! :)

Are you in a lot of pain? xxx

Thanks. Yeah lots it isnt nice but everything is for season and all that so it will be over soon. Am frightened to come back on the diet tho as my gp said the constipation caused by the diet has caused the appendicitis :-( its kinda putting me off a bit xx

OOOH, don't know whether to say Great ! or poor you! - CB is right, not the way you would have wanted to lose the 8lbs, but a loss is a loss...so well done.
Presume you have antibiotics and some heavy-duty painkillers to help you through ? - not that I'm a great one for taking tablets myself, but when you are getting over surgery you certainly don't need this on top of it.
:bighug: i'm sure I read on here somewhere that Cambridge do some fibre-type stuff that you can add to your shakes or soups : can't for the life of me remember where I saw it, but maybe some more experienced CD-ers can help us out here?
In the meantime, rest up and take care, sweetheart : thinking of you. xx

Back