Teresa's Up and down Diary to Goal and beyond

Hey hun. So sorry the scales haven't moved for you. I know how frustrating that is. You're a braver person that me if your attempting the Harcombe diet. I just couldn't give up all that stuff. If you think you're going to struggle with 2 days fasting why not try what i have done this week which is 16:8. I'm sure you know this one but basically you fast for 16hours everyday and chose an 8hour window in which to eat. So i do 2pm to 10pm as i'm not a breakfast person and i like to eat on an evening. At least then you are still getting all the benefits of fasting and it might just seem easier at the moment?

Thing is CT I do not even struggle on my fast days not sure i have ever not completed one if i have set my mind to it. Th eonly reason why it may be challenging for me while harcombing is mentally i don't mind being hungry if i can have choc the next day.

And deep down i am not sure i need to do both but know i need to shift 7 pounds minimum asap . So going to try both and see how it goes but not give myself a hard time if i find the fasting hard.

As for the 8 hour window i know what I am like i can eat an awful lot of food in 8 hours so wouldn't work for me . (but then neither is juddd at the mome
nt arghhhhhhhhhh)

Fri 1st UD 11.7 OFFICIAL WEIGH DAY + 0.6 :-(
Sat 2nd DD 11.8.2
Sun 3rd UD 11.7
Mon 4th DD 11.7.6
Tues 5th UD 11.7.2 major up day
Weds 6th DD 11.11
Thurs 7th UD 11.8.2
Fri 8th DD 11.8.4
Sat 9th UD 11.6.8 Official weigh in
Sun 10th starting THD
mon 11th THD
tues 12th THD fast
wed 13th THD
thurs 14th THD fast
Fri 15th THD
Sat 16th THD Official weigh in day

I know how you feel dont give in do what you feel you want to do. I have been out today and been terrible but hopefully get on to a down day tomorrow. Hear how you get on. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

JUDDD can be a pain for sts or small gains but when I've sts is cos my UD calories were to high or not high enough ( I know - no rhyme nor reason to it). However it's not good for a quick loss. It will take about 6 weeks to lose 7 lb on JUDDD normally so if you need it off quicker doing something else is probably your best option. Good luck xx

I'd class a .4 as staying the same but that's me! :) it is disheartening. I sts for months and it only started coming off again recently. I've thought for a long time it's better for maintenance then losing on.

LOL you are probably right it is just a sts and if it wasn't for my upcoming holiday I could probably ride it out. But the thought of going away on my big birthday trip already busting out of my clothes and feeling frumpy just feels miserable. Also the fact that this time last year I could do 2 weeks of alternate days and be guaranteed a good loss.

It is silly really that 7 to 10 pounds can make such a difference. Today I was dreading seeing all of my friends from my running club as i havent seen any of them much this year due to work and injuries havent been running with my club. In my head they were going to look at me and see someone who has let herself go. When the reality is in the 6 years i have been going there I have weighed as little as 10 3 and shock horror as much as 11 10 !!! But a good 95 % of the time i was between 10 10 and 11. Would i have judged any of them as harshly? As i thought they would judge me ?

The good news is that I know juddd gives me a way of maintaining with the minimimum of restriction so when i get to my confort zone I can adopt the Juddd way of life again.

I know that SW and WW would get the weight off but i would feel deprived and end up bingeing. At least with the harcombe diet once the first few days are over because i can have large portions and have got sugar out of my diet i don't crave it. It just takes an extra level of planning of meals that I don't have to do on up days.

Will journal my THD journey here so anyone who is intersted can see how i do and what I am eating

THD phase 1 day 1

breakfast
greek yoghurt

lunch
tomato and red pepper soup
egg salad home made mayo

dinner
Hairy dieters spanish chicken (no potatoes for me)
sauteed green veg

Drinks water aiming for 3 L and balck decaff coffee

Fri 1st UD 11.7 OFFICIAL WEIGH DAY + 0.6 :-(
Sat 2nd DD 11.8.2
Sun 3rd UD 11.7
Mon 4th DD 11.7.6
Tues 5th UD 11.7.2 major up day
Weds 6th DD 11.11
Thurs 7th UD 11.8.2
Fri 8th DD 11.8.4
Sun 10th starting THD 11 9
mon 11th THD
tues 12th THD fast ??
wed 13th THD
thurs 14th THD fast ??
Fri 15th THD reintroduce berries

mon 11th THD 11 8.2
tues 12th THD fast ??
wed 13th THD
thurs 14th THD fast ??

Day 2 of phase 1 of The Harcombe Diet
Planned menu
Yoghurt
chicken and veg stir fry
Slow cooker lamb with cabbage and leeks

3 L water and black decaff coffee

I'm having an UP day after a week on vlcd and still stuck on 10.0.2 so thought stuff it. Same results on vlcd as juddd so just going with it for now. Its winter and Xmas and if I can maintain over that period then i will be happy. DDs will be zero cals and ups will be uncounted, will see how I get on. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Derbynanny :)
Just been catching up on your diary, never heard of THD, so will be following your progress.

mon 11th THD 11 8.2
tues 12th THD 11 7.4
wed 13th THD 11 7.8
thurs 14th THD

So far so good today

menu
B yoghurt
L lamb casserole
Snack chorizo
D chicken curry over buttered courgette ribbons

The best thing about moderate carb THD is getting rid of sugar cravings :) I do know as much as i love it sugar is my enemy. (not saying i will stay low carb at all but it is a nice benefit )

Hey Derby. nice menu yum :) Have you tried spaghetti squash? I heard its a good substitute for pasta, never try it cos they are so hard to get hold of, But I see some tescos are stocking it so if I get hold of one I'll give it a try.

Back