tesco finest beef burgers

sididd

Gold Member
These beef burgers are just less than 10% fat I'm sure I've read it that as long as meat is less than 10% we are allowed but now i can't find it are these allowed ?????

New to Dukan myself, but having just read the book I would agree that these are allowed! Enjoy x

Paulinegin said:
New to Dukan myself, but having just read the book I would agree that these are allowed! Enjoy x

Thanks Pauline, I just couldnt find it earlier x

Paulinegin said:

Sorry forgot to say welcome x will enjoy reading your journey x

I also think that meat should be less that 5%, but I can't find a reference in the book, which only refers to 'lean meats' and 'lean cuts'. What I did find was that 'frozen beef burgers are allowed but make sure they do not exceed 10% fat' (p58, 2010 UK edition)

Just make sure there are no additions like 'rusk' or 'stabiliser' etc in the burgers because that will be carbs. Also watch for sugar in the seasoning...

Think I've blown it, ate them now....
Ingredients
90% beef,breadcrumbs,salt, spices and last is sugar..bloomin hell should have looked at list first :-(

Don't panic too much! Sugar was last so that's a bonus. They're not going to reverse everything you've lost! Today I think I ate carbs carbs mistaking them for protein after football, it won't totally reverse our work we just might need a longer walk tomorrow :) x

Eilidh,I've worked myself into right state....hubby cannot believe it....but will walk my socks off tomorrow and hopefully reduce damage.

I sound like corporal Jones, but Don't Panic! It's very little, you've followed plan up to now and it will not reverse all your hard work! If you had 6 a meal, 3 times a day then I'd advise you to worry but it's miniscule in the grand scale of things (ie please tell me this when I have a similar meltdown!)

Seriously dont panic, my OH was eating a whole huge pot of Onken Vanilla yogurt EVERY day he was on Dukan and it never affected his weight loss, that miniscule amount of sugar you have eaten is nothing in comparrison!

My advise to u, from now on make your own burgers! :D

I agree with eilidh it's really not that bad - it wasn't a conscious choice - so it's no reflection on you - not a wobble, just a pure mistake....as the sugar was last in the list it means there was less of it than had it been first - if you see what I mean :)

Plenty of water.....stick to plan - onwards and downwards xx

Thanks for the support, I probably sound like a drama queen but I'm not, and Eilidh I'll give you support back in tons if you slip up :)

And I never want a burger again lol Thanks girls xxx

Zoe I also had the massive Onken pots daily for about 2 weeks, so Sididd you're positively angelic in comparison! x

Nah you don't sound like a drama queen hun, you sound like someone who's determined and focussed on what they want to achieve "in the zone" who made a mistake and is annoyed with themselves :) happens...we've all added something and then gone "HECK!"

Mine was some innocuous chicken spice...sprinkled liberally over a roast chicken, ate it and then thought "wonder what the combination is" :eek:......only bloody sugar and salt in spades :( 'doh... never made that mistake again

you will have burgers again :) but they'll be lovely and homemade and seasoned to perfection ;) xx

Back