tesco or asda?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Kaz80, 22 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Kaz80

Kaz80 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.49%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    this may not be totally weight watchers related.
    i shop online at asda and they've been messing me around the last couple of times so i'm thinking of switching to tesco but i am concerned it's going to be slightly dearer than asda,has anyone shopped at both and prefer one of them for price, quality of food and also the choice of healthy food and most importantly weight watchers food.the cost is a factor as i'm trying to save pounds as well as lose lb's. :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sady

Sady Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.17%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ermmm I am not much help on this one but I get online deliveries from both :) I find they have different offers on and I can get a bigger range of WW stuff this way.X

4. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I prefer asda - I dont buy much ww stuff, if they dont have they ready meals on offer I get them from Iceland. I've just found asda to be ALOT cheaper than tesco and the value range stuff is nicer!

5. Kaz80

Kaz80 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.49%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    yeah i agree about iceland most of their ww meals are £1 or £1.50 , they're great value, i think i'll give asda one last chance,it was the tesco club card that got me wondering whether i should shop there plus the bad experience of having my shopping arrive 24 hours late and then the next time it was covered in someones fabric softener.

6. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've only done home delivery with Tesco once because I got £10 off first order. Though some of my subsitutes on ASDA didnt arrive and the customer service was really good and got it all refunded

7. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't like Asda home delivery. The driver dropped my eggs and shoved them in another bag, didn't tell me and when I opened it they went everywhere. Also they put 2 bottles of coke on top of my walkers baked and 2 bottles of squash - big bottles - on top of my doritos! Was not happy.

I found Asda fresh fruit/veg doesn't keep. Tesco is better quality. They have also announced a price war at Tesco so they can pull back Asda customers. I'm stopping with Tesco, Iceland for ww ready meals :)

8. leighforty

leighforty Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.91%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    We use Tesco and Sainsbury's. If u use a site called My Supermarket you can do your shopping on there and they will tell you which is the cheapest place to get it and then you can send your order to your chosen store.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.